Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:34 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Email #170: rough copy
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:10 am
Posts: 677
Location: Australia
Watch it

Obligatory wiki link

_________________
<link rel="signature" type="text/hilarious" href="/signature.txt" />


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:53 am
Posts: 2217
Location: Australia
This one was okay, but it didn't make me laugh much. The way they worked in the DNA evidence was pretty funny, though.

_________________
"Explain to me how drowning them would not ruin their date."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:14 am
Posts: 228
Location: At work. Permanently.
That was pretty good. The Cheat acting like a seal cracked me up. Strong Bad rejecting Malinko's drawing of comics made me think of the Fanstuff Wiki. Heh.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:32 pm
Posts: 58
:hr: "Crystal clear like domestic beer!"
So true, so true.
And what's this with Strong Sad getting revenge?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:48 pm
Posts: 2003
Location: Trapped inside a cage. It isn't even locked, but I'm an idiot.
Holy crap, I actually laughed at this one.

SERIOUSLY.

I haven't laughed at Homestar in like, a year.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:53 am
Posts: 632
Location: Having Tea With Longinus
Nice. HR had some clever lines. And, of course... Senor Cardgage. And yes, domestic beer is terrible.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:06 am
Posts: 95
Location: The Field
"Crystal clear like homemade beer!" XD
Not especially funny, but the whole barbed wire sequence and :sad: finally fighting back is a plus.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:46 am
Posts: 3
Shwoo wrote:
This one was okay, but it didn't make me laugh much. The way they worked in the DNA evidence was pretty funny, though.


I was looking for it the two times I saw it and must of completly missed it... where was it?

Anyway I found this one somewhat humorous with its firivolus lawsuits,
SB2O, the cheat the seal, bad drawings, copy of said bad drawing. Yeah it was humorus.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:49 am
Posts: 17
Location: Total Ogdenite
The DNA evidence is seen by clicking on the wall outlets at the end of the email. And it was one of the funnier parts of the email. 3.5/5

_________________
Never ending soooda ....ahh.ahh..ah... ah..ah..ahh.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:10 am
Posts: 14278
Location: Behind Blue Eyes
HAHA! Strong Sad finally gets revenge.

9/10 for Senor Cardgage.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:50 pm
Posts: 37
That's it the DNA evidence officialy means something. They wouldn't put it in an easter egg like this if it didn't.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:53 am
Posts: 632
Location: Having Tea With Longinus
They better do something with this gag soon, otherwise it's just going to get drawn out and stale like an Uwe Boll film.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:16 pm
Posts: 2656
Location: Writing a dazed and confused piece.
It was a really funny e-mail but it had a rough landing I mean the worst easter egg is the one about an inside joke, I laughed pretty hard at malinko drinko though.

_________________
It's okay...to be yourself.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:41 pm
Posts: 114
It was okay. Good moments and bad moments were scattered around it. I liked everything likeable and disliked everything dislikeable.

DNA evidence better be connected with email 173 or I'll cry.

_________________
I wish I had a signature.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:15 am
Posts: 252
Location: Pennsylvania
Man, I haven't seen legal action that hot since "rampage".

There was a lot I liked about that one. Strong Bad and The Cheat "suing" Homestar ("Hooray! The orders are violently flying in!"), "Note to self: Get bigger notebook" (and the follow-up), Strong Bad and The Cheat covered in barbed wire and doing a cop show parody, Strong Sad "suing" Strong Bad and the Cheat with snowballs, the gratuitous Senor Cardgage Cameo, and the most intentionally corny and tacked-on reference to DNA evidence yet.

_________________
"Japanese cartoons are weird, man! Though I may be on to something with that blue hair."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:59 pm
Posts: 31
I laughed so hard at the DNA evidence! I was listening for it the entire time, but it never came. Then when the easter egg happened, it was totally unexpected!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:27 pm
Posts: 31
ripberger894 wrote:
DNA evidence better be connected with email 173 or I'll cry.


Okay, ripberger, you really need to wean yourself off of H*R.com if you're getting this emotional about it.

_________________
"Everybody, everybody, longest pants!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:10 am
Posts: 14278
Location: Behind Blue Eyes
DeathlyPallor wrote:
They better do something with this gag soon, otherwise it's just going to get drawn out and stale like an Uwe Boll film.
Comic.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:59 pm
Posts: 1977
Location: In your pantry. Good cookies by the way.
Wow, this one was funny. I only realized at the end that they hadn't mentioned the DNA evidence, and then...I found the easter egg. One of the better ones recently IMHO.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:17 am
Posts: 1374
Location: Playing hanging out with The Cheat's Stache and my companion cube.
Aw, man! That was SO funny! I loved:
....................................DNA, evidence.

And I thought of :senor: the second I saw that melty candy bar... I mean, settlement...

On a scale from one to awesome= super great

_________________
You're playing Team Fortess 2... you are a heavy and you have two medics... you are taking out everone on the other team so easy... another medic aproaches... THEN HE TURNS INTO A SPY AND STABS YOU IN THE SPINE!
SPY PWNS ALL!
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:06 am
Posts: 2049
Location: Standing on Watterson's front lawn
It was pretty good. No one thing really stood out for me, but I definitely liked it.

First view: It was like an album where no one song could really stand alone, but the whole thing really works and is worth listening to. But I forgot about the whole DNA Evidence running gag, so to have the absolute last thing I see in the email be Homestar grudgingly forcing a DNA Evidence ref in... Serious LOL.

Second view: The DNA Evidence thing obviously didn't work so well on time #2 because it was expected, and the rest felt average. But I liked Strong Sad's parts in this one a lot.

B.

_________________
ATTN: LOWER BOARD USERS HAVE MOVED TO ANOTHER FORUM. COME JOIN THE FUN!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:15 pm
Posts: 1020
Location: Funkytown
Beyond the Grave wrote:
lulzy comic


lol, shotgun w/ BAT tapped on.

So... I actually found this to be okay, like a 5 but for some reason, I found the DNA evidence to be really funny. 6.5.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:15 am
Posts: 252
Location: Pennsylvania
Something I just noticed... it's probably not an intentional reference, but does the "Rough Copy" sequence remind anyone else of the intros to the various episodes of the new Sam and Max game?

_________________
"Japanese cartoons are weird, man! Though I may be on to something with that blue hair."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:27 am
Posts: 51
awsome email. ending was a bit weak but otherwise great. i actuayll eft at the scroll buttons "song"

_________________
I'll have one sooner or later


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 24, 2006 10:42 pm
Posts: 305
Location: California
BucketHand wrote:
Something I just noticed... it's probably not an intentional reference, but does the "Rough Copy" sequence remind anyone else of the intros to the various episodes of the new Sam and Max game?


Now that you mentioned it, it kinda does.

I also noticed that Strong Sad made appearances (including voice in what I want) in ten sbemails in a row. Interesting. Looks like Strong Bad has answered 4 emails beginning with "Dear" in a row, and I think he should give that bit a rest for a while because he's answered more emails starting with Dear in the Lappy era than in the two early eras.

As far as I'm concerned, DNA evidence will be mentioned at least two more times because I, too, think it's leading up to The Paper's supposed departure.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:32 am
Posts: 19
The fact that Homestar seemed fed up with the DNA evidence gag implies to me that this is the last we'll hear of it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:59 pm
Posts: 31
Jonty wrote:
The fact that Homestar seemed fed up with the DNA evidence gag implies to me that this is the last we'll hear of it.


To me, it implies that they totally forgot about it when they finished the email, then they added it in at the last moment as an easter egg while still preserving humor. They're just funny like that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:33 am
Posts: 14288
Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
This was funny from start to end. The Senor Cardgage and DNA evidence both made this e-mail all that much more enjoyable.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:20 pm
Posts: 36
Location: Working my way out of Tejas
:sm:
Ok...maybe I'm just slow on the uptake. But I hardly laughed on this one. Except when the Cheat shows Malinko's drawings and they dress in barbedwire. Other than that, I just didn't get it. Maybe b/c I hate trial lawyers and their lawsuits... What's with the DNA evidence? Whatev...

_________________
~I'll kill ya! I'll kill all your dogs!!
~Shut up lady! Peaceful is not how I roll.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:55 am
Posts: 5581
Location: I'm still hiding out under there. (Did I make you say "underwear" again?)
This one was OK to me. Most of it just kind of ran together for me, and nothing in particular really stood out except for a few isolated things. However, what I liked, I REALLY liked: I both simultaneously laughed and cheered when Strong Sad got his reveeeenge! on Strong Bad (and simultaneously thought of that one Calvin and Hobbes strip), and the DNA evidence gag was FANTASTIC. Too bad I'm expecting it now.

_________________
You look like you need a hug.
*hug*
There, now don't you feel better?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group