Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:46 pm 
Admin Styles

Who woulda thought that TBC would have this kind of continuity! I guess there were lots of people reminding them about it, and I know several who have been counting down the emails for years.

I can't believe that I'm actually sad for The Paper. I didn't want him to go. And if he had to go, I was hoping it would be into some kind of retirement. I hold out hope that we'll see him again someday.

I think that New Paper may take some getting used to, but that we will get used to him. I liked how Strong Bad already needs to replace New Paper's ink cartridges.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:00 pm 

wow so it finally happened. amazing. anyone else think they're overusing :homsar: and should save him for those great words of wisdom he's been known to impart (other than AaAaAAaAaa)? Well I guess he, like the paper, violate spatio-temporal laws. but yeah..sigh...i've been watching the Paper since 'englilsh paper' came out. gonna miss you, papes.

incidentally, i wonder if the new inkajet can print out a hundred dollar bill?

It's Time For Tasteball!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:03 pm 

klogg13 wrote:
wow so it finally happened. amazing. anyone else think they're overusing :homsar: and should save him for those great words of wisdom he's been known to impart (other than AaAaAAaAaa)? Well I guess he, like the paper, violate spatio-temporal laws. but yeah..sigh...i've been watching the Paper since 'englilsh paper' came out. gonna miss you, papes.

incidentally, i wonder if the new inkajet can print out a hundred dollar bill?

It's Time For Tasteball!

Hate to derail the thread, but as soon as Homsar started showing up outside of Easter Eggs I thought he was being overused. I point at "modestly hot homsar" and his appearance at Mount Ridesplace USA for examples.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:03 pm 

Am I reaching here, or was Strong Bad on the sinking island an Island of Dr. Destructo reference? Sinking islands (complete with cartoon waterspout) was pretty much the whole game. Also, the music was at least vaguely simliar (of course, most C64-style tracks sound pretty similar to each other). The link to the audio is about halfway down the page at Lemon64, next to the picture of the game box - http://www.lemon64.com/games/details.php?ID=1337. Even if it's not a specific ref, it's still good comedy, and it brought back some good memories. Another solid e-mail - I was worried about a slump back around December/January, but it's been a really good run of toons lately.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:14 pm 

I'm really going to miss that little guy. I really am surprised, though, that TBC actually maintained some amount of continuity. Although, when montage came out, I never thought that they would still be making emails by the time number 173 rolled around. I'm going to have to see what I think of the new paper, though. It'll take some getting used to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:21 pm 

Ol' Papes wrote:
Am I reaching here, or was Strong Bad on the sinking island an Island of Dr. Destructo reference? Sinking islands (complete with cartoon waterspout) was pretty much the whole game. Also, the music was at least vaguely simliar (of course, most C64-style tracks sound pretty similar to each other). The link to the audio is about halfway down the page at Lemon64, next to the picture of the game box - http://www.lemon64.com/games/details.php?ID=1337. Even if it's not a specific ref, it's still good comedy, and it brought back some good memories. Another solid e-mail - I was worried about a slump back around December/January, but it's been a really good run of toons lately.

It's a Contra reference. The idea seems similar to that Destructo deal, but given TBC's affinity for referencing old Nintendo games, Contra seems the far more likely candidate. Besides, they've referenced Contra a few times already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:51 pm 

HippityHomsar wrote:
Ol' Papes wrote:

It's a Contra reference. The idea seems similar to that Destructo deal, but given TBC's affinity for referencing old Nintendo games, Contra seems the far more likely candidate. Besides, they've referenced Contra a few times already.

That doesn't really restrict them from branching out into new ground, though. They're referenced Sega on a few occassions, as well as Commodore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:10 pm 

Good one. Time to usher in a new era, I guess.
Was the music at the end of the island scene also from Contra?...because I got a Kirby's Dream Land vibe offa it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:22 pm 

Hedunno wrote:
Was the music at the end of the island scene also from Contra?...because I got a Kirby's Dream Land vibe offa it.

The music was actually from Population: Tire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:26 pm 

It is truly the end of an era...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:30 pm 

I'm in school so I can't watch it!!! I'll see it in an hour and a half, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:39 pm 

Finally, now people will finally shut up about it.

OMG!! IZ DA PAPER RLY GOIG AWAY?!!?!?!?!?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:51 pm 

Waaaaaah!! I already miss The Paper ;_; It'll be weird to not ever see it in the new SBemails. The new paper is alright but it'll get some getting used to. It's amazing how attached we get to something so simple as a paper. O_o

But it was in it's own way a main character. I'll miss it a lot. :sad:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:02 pm 

Random as usual. :mrgreen: I loved it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:03 pm 

Well, with "montage" and "more armies" breathing down their backs, I guess its time had came... at least they handled it in their own special way (Preeow, world).

But the reason we don't want to see it go is because we're just not used to the new guy yet. Just give 'im ('er?) a chance, and maybe you'll get used to them.

(The part with the butt was funny, at least.)

ForumRPG be's on hold.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:22 pm 

YES! The evilness of the paper is gone forever!

I truly never liked the paper...and usually, on a first print, it takes awile to come out.

So long live paper 2.0 and long live ink!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:45 pm 

Well, so long The Paper. It's been a good 4 or 5 years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:46 pm 

This was one awesome E-mail, we will all miss the paper. Does anyone think the paper will soon come back or something. Like it could be his brother. Really Awesome E-mail. 5/5
The best was at the end, that easter egg.
:hr: The blood is rushing to my head... Blacking out, blacking out, blacking out... :hr:

Post subject: Paper
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:49 pm 

Awww... it's finally going.

I liked that e-mail, especially The Paper's goth phase, and Homsar floating. But I do miss Homsar's random words of wisdom. Pshoooo just sums up life.

All in all, good e-mail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:00 pm 

The eggs were pretty good. Perhaps as just a final touch, after Strong Bad yells "Really we're not doing this again!" and the score board buzzes, they should have paused a second and have the KOT come in from the bottom left hand side and say "DNA evidence?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:19 pm 

This e-mail completes my life with how amazingly awesome it was.

Anyone else like Li'l Strong Bad's devillish duckie shirt?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:20 pm 

I thought the "onomotapea" of the new paper was different from what I've noted.

Most inkjet printers I've seen go "errrrrr katchaka. ErEEEEo, erEEEo, erEEEo, errrrrrr katchaka".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:31 pm 

Location: And that's the end of that story. Now get the f*** out of my house!
I don't believe it. Tbe Brothers Chaps actually did it. Goodbye, Dot-Matrix The Paper, and hello, Inkjet The Paper. I guess the "montage" prophecy did come true...

...but what about the predictions in "2 years"? It's been FOUR years now...

*winner of RAF9*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:39 pm 

I will miss the Paper.
On another note, the email itself was okay. There were a couple of funny parts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:50 pm 

SB's new printer reminds me of the printer for my old Packard Bell :P

But wait, how'd

:hr: get ahold of a bottle of Surge? They discontinued that stuff years ago!

But then again, it WAS a flashback...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:15 pm 

Eh, wasn't that great, though a fitting send off for the printer.

I'll miss the paper, it was more of a character than an outdated hardware device. *sniffle sniffle*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:20 pm 

I don't know what to say, so I'll just post an "ASCII" butt made from hyphens and dollar signs.

Last edited by The Paper on Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:26 pm 

Wow, email #173 is finally here! I'm gonna miss The Paper, though his replacement is actually pretty spiffy.

Best Parts

The Goth and Preppy phases

Homsar floating

The "dribble, dribble, shoot, shoot" easter egg

"The next worst word you can couple with the word fan is, you guessed it, the word FICTION."-Strong Bad, "fan club"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:44 pm 

I always did expect to see the text as follows: "Click here to email Strong Bad" with the "S" and "B" capitalized. The paper only read "Click here to e-mail strong bad." The new paper even has a font I've had for a long time, but there's just no other place on the web for me to get that VOY DOT LCD font.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:59 pm 

*sniffle* I don't know why that made me sad: we only see it once every week at best. I guess you really don't know what you've got until it's gone.

I enjoyed that, though: I loved seeing Homestar get strung up after his memorable abuse of the Compy in"anything". I also loved it that scene when Strong Bad was being rescued from that sinking island: I adore anything with the "Population: TIRE!!!" theme tune.

It kind-of confused me about the House of the Brothers Strong, though: I looked it up on Wikipedia, and the ceilings there are shown to be really high. However, in the cartoon, it only seemed to be a foot or two taller than Strong Bad, as shown by Bubs waving his arms around the Lappy whilst presumably poking through a hole in the ceiling or somehow selotaped to it. A mad world is FC USA.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next