Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Email #126
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:18 am 

What do you think of the new email?

Well, I thought it was okay, but it would have been funnier if the email ended with the VCR eating the tape. buuut, that's too predictable.

Post subject: erg
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:10 am 

I wish my first post was on a more positive note, but that was horrible. Easily the worst SB email yet. I found it rushed and annoying. Even if South Park hadn't already spoofed the old rock and roll saturday morning cartoon with Korn, this would still be lame. I am totally disappointed.

Post subject: Re: erg
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:16 am 

jonesy wrote:
Even if South Park hadn't already spoofed the old rock and roll saturday morning cartoon with Korn, this would still be lame.

Ah, so that's what it reminded me of! Thanks! That was driving me nuts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:36 am 

Blecch. I don't like "band/guitar" emails. I hated guitar, I didn't like band name, and techno was merely "okay". I did like the "four-armed Grimace" joke, but it was WAY too close to reality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:32 am 

Eh... I really hate the whole "Limozeen" thing, so this e-mail didn't really do much for me. :( It was funny when Strong Bad hit Strong Sad with the remote, though... oh, and the whole "have all your done removed" thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:56 am 

I too thought this e-mail was sub-par, especially with only 2 easter eggs. Oh well. Better than nothing. Besides, with the recent emails being hilarious, it was bound to happen eventually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:49 pm 

I didn't even see the wiki page on this yet but...
This email was pretty dumb. It really reminds me of those several little kid's shows UPN shows on weekends that my little sisters watch for HOURS. They're old shows nobody cares about anymore. But, out of 10, this email was a 6. Too bad TBC! Try next week!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:52 pm 

:cheatgrin: It wasnt the worst sbemail yet. Buyt it was not even close to beibg as good as rock opera. 7/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:12 pm 

Melonade wrote:
... It really reminds me of those several little kid's shows UPN shows on weekends that my little sisters watch for HOURS. They're old shows nobody cares about anymore...

That's the point.

I thought this e-mail was fair. It had some funny moments ("I'm afraid I've got some bad news..."), but it could've been better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:28 pm 
Lechable Robot Mod

Ohhh, I thought this was great. That might have to do with my being old and actually watching shows like this when I was little. Anyone remember Pro-Stars? Or the MC Hammer show? Anyway, Teeg Dougland reminds me of the Duggler from Undergrads. And there were lots of other good parts: "babeliens", Nebulon's appearance, Mitch the bad guy's robotic arm saying "MITCH!", the complaints about the alternative rock band and Strong Bad's susbequent "Chuck Taylor wearing" complaint, the drummer eating his drums... I might be alone, but I give it a 9.5/10.

Post subject: Sorrry
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:39 pm 

Modestly Hot is right.
I found this email pretty good. I'm 25 and got alot of the references and nostalgia that I think they were going for. I'd give this one an 8/10.

Definitely not "the worst email ever." Sorry if all you "youngins" disagree. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:58 pm 

woo first post!

yeah, the email wasn't the bestest one ever. u guys are probably right, it may appeal to older watchers. i didn't like the style the cartoon was done in. the "bad news" guy's hands were creppy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:09 pm 

I was hoping for a lot more from a limozeen cartoon, perhaps some clearer references to zeppelin and ac/dc or whatever. Still, it brings back memories of the crappy cartoons from the 80s, but not the specific memory of a rock band cartoon. 8/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:18 pm 

I thought it was pretty good, it reminded me of that Beatles cartoon, which I guess was the prototype of all "bands as cartoons" shows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:22 pm 

I thought this email was pretty good. However, it's possible that the whole Limozeen cartoon show that failed thing could be a big reference to The Weird Al Show, which was a band show that failed ALMOST as quickly. (i should post that on the S.T.U.F.F. page...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:42 pm 

oh, i thought it was hilarious. one of the few times where i could actually enjoy all the references (as a non-american you sometimes miss out.) i admit i haven't seen the korn show on southpark, maybe that would have made it seem less original. but even still, the 80s cartoon jokes were so spot on, not to mention lines like 'it might damage the precious oils and.. heavy metals'. overall i think this one together with rock opera are the best since virus.
could have been longer though... and am i the only one suspecting the brothers for being stingy with the easter eggs for a while now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:59 pm 

Perhaps this is because my childhood was nestled between the band cartoons of the '70s and the band cartoons of the late '80s/early '90s, but while I recognized the spoof, it didn't find it to be great. It was entertaining. It showed some inspiration. But it failed to rise above the usual Strong Bad e-mail standard.

Duck a L'Orange's new "rock opera" inspired rating: Solid jumble! Crazy beans double the real gold!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:09 pm 

Ummm... it was weird, but I liked the commentary.
"There's no reason for them to be in space"
"On the contrary, my dear Fatson. There's every reason for them to be in space."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:15 pm 

"Remember that band Limozeen, well they turned their tour bus into a space machine..." Oh, that's great... It would have been funny if he had eaten the video tape.

It looks like everone is very fault finding in Homestarrunner lately. Personally, I'm just glad that they updated.

Post subject: What's with all the negatations?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:29 pm 

I don't understand the negative responses this sbemail has gotten.
I loved it! Maybe you needed to grow up watching those terrible saturday-morning shows to get it (remember Jem?).

Also, I think the comparison to the Korn episode of South Park is a bit hasty, since it was clearly a specific parody of Scooby-Doo, while this was a more general spoof of the entire genre of poorly thought-out 70's and 80's era kid's cartoons.

And don't be dissn' the Limozeen!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:16 pm 

I liked it well enough, although I agree that its not one of their best. I thoroughly enjoyed the description of the "alternative rock band" and strong bad's reaction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:20 pm 

Location: At The Eastmost Peninsula in the toilet of my heart
I liked it okay. I can tell you in a heartbeat there's been way better emails... and its ScoobyDoo-ish apperance didn't really impress me very much... seeing as I detest that show. But there were some funny moments. I loved some of the references to those annoying 70s/80s toons. Ever since man landed on the moon, everything back then just HAD to be in space. :p
I'll give it a 7.5/10... I think it just needed more easter eggs.

Post subject: Re: What's with all the negatations?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:22 pm 

If you're into the 'Zeen scene, this email is totally for you. Otherwise, you might be like many fans that are perhaps too young to remember what Mike and Matt are parodying here. As Lucres said quite accurately above, this was "a more general spoof of the entire genre of poorly thought-out 70's and 80's era kid's cartoons" - Well put!

TBC's concept here is due to them simply being nostalgic for past tv shows again.

"Don't record over for dang's sake!!!" -VHS Tape

Post subject: Re: What's with all the negatations?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:32 pm 

The Paper wrote:
If you're into the 'Zeen scene, this email is totally for you. Otherwise, you might be like many fans that are perhaps too young to remember what Mike and Matt are parodying here. As Lucres said quite accurately above, this was "a more general spoof of the entire genre of poorly thought-out 70's and 80's era kid's cartoons" - Well put!

TBC's concept here is due to them simply being nostalgic for past tv shows again.

"Don't record over for dang's sake!!!" -VHS Tape

I'm in the 'zeen scene, but I still didn't find it as funny as I was expecting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:32 pm 

I thought that it was a prety good one. Reminded me of those old ScoobyDoo movies that they show on the Cartoon Network from time to time. In every episode a random guest star would show up for no reason whatsoever. One time it was the Harlem Globetrotters, another time Sunny & Cher, even fictional charactors like Batman and Robin and Archie and his friends.

It also reminds me of other great shows (Invader Zim to name one) that got cancled before their time.

Overall rating of about 8 and a half/10. Woulda' been better with more easter eggs though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:39 pm 

Man, is it me or do we have a lot of first time posters here in this topic?

This was a good email. Not exactly great, but not horrible. I like the Mitch scene. Overall, not last place!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:46 pm 

ramrod wrote:
Man, is it me or do we have a lot of first time posters here in this topic?

This was a good email. Not exactly great, but not horrible. I like the Mitch scene. Overall, not last place!

Well, yeah. Mitch should make a return appearance someday, like Doregard, Sterrance, and the Thnikkaman. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:17 pm 

Wow.......just wow, that was awful. As in: worse-than-tapeleg awful. *shakes head*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:22 pm 

ramrod wrote:
This was a good email. Not exactly great, but not horrible.!

Yeah, it has some great moments, But it is worse than Tapeleg. (Even though tapeleg was bad, I still thought it was funny... in a real stupid way)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:28 pm 

I hate Limozeen :( SO for me, this e-mail use the worst. E-mail. Ever. Apart from tape-leg. Still, I admit it had one or two good points (Throwing remote at SS :sad: )