Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:58 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

Who is you choice for President?
Poll ended at Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:02 am
Barack Obama 73%  73%  [ 8 ]
John McCain 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
Third Party Candidate 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 11
 Post subject: Re: '08 Elections!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:49 am 

IantheGecko wrote:
But I bet you that NH is all that Hillary's gonna get.
How much are you willing to bet? Your eternal soul?

Hi, I'm from New York, she and Chuck Schumer represent us in the Senate. I think she is going to win here without issue. Same with Rudy. Plus I think she will win quite a few more. I think she will get the nod.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:33 pm 

She'll also get whatever states Obama and Kerry boycotted (like Michigan).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:47 pm 

Location: living in the sunling, loving in the moonlight, having a wonderful time.
I'm still waiting to vote Huckabee when the time comes. All I see before me is a race that can clearly fall to anybody.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:00 am 

Location: oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer
What annoys me about Huckabee is that he's pulling the same crap that Bush did eight years ago: trying to be a "simple livin' country folk southerner" who doesn't get caught up in too much, you know, "politics" or any sort of serious business and just has the casual hard-working American interests at heart.

And people are buying into that rhetoric again.

*headdesk*

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:05 am 

I was at McCain's rally this morning and shook his hand and sooo close to getting his autograph, but that's a long story. I have to say I like a lot of what he said and he'll probably get my vote.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:21 am 
Pizza Pizza

I really can't believe NY would bite on "I'm experienced because I lived in the White House" and "I was mayor during 9/11! 9/11!!!!!!!!!!".

Seriously.

I'm willing to bet it'll be Obama and McCain. Ok, so I don't bet it so much as wish it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:27 am 

Once you vote Black, you never go back.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:29 am 

Location: living in the sunling, loving in the moonlight, having a wonderful time.
HipHoppityFrogOfValue wrote:
What annoys me about Huckabee is that he's pulling the same crap that Bush did eight years ago: trying to be a "simple livin' country folk southerner" who doesn't get caught up in too much, you know, "politics" or any sort of serious business and just has the casual hard-working American interests at heart.

*headdesk*

Buying into it? How about, I *like* the guy? The man's human, I like his politics from what I've seen, and I like his religious backing. Those are good reasons to support a candidate, am I right?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:38 am 

Location: oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer
I'm just saying it's the same profile that Bush tried to fit, and we all see how that worked out once he was actually elected.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:58 am 

HipHoppityFrogOfValue wrote:

*headdesk*

Wow, what an origi-
Lunar Jesty wrote:
Huckabee is just a repeat of 2000: that real nice Southern guy you'd just like to chill with is way better than that silly old Democrat blabbering about issues like "alternative energy" and "prison reform."

Bush tried to fit this same profile, I'm just saying, and once he was elected, we all see how that worked out.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:59 am 

O SNAP

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:49 am 

StrongRad wrote:
I really can't believe NY would bite on "I'm experienced because I lived in the White House" and "I was mayor during 9/11! 9/11!!!!!!!!!!".
Raddy, I know how my state works. I've lived here for 22 years. And you are forgetting that when Hillary ran for Senate in 2000 she was running on her name alone. She had never lived here, she didn't know much about us, but she beat her opponent by a 2 to 1 margin.

As for Rudy, all he needs is to carry his native downstate and he will have no problems. Plus, if it wasn't for mayoral term limits, he would still be mayor.

They have a home state advantage and they will use it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:16 pm 

I don't really like Hillary all that much. Probably because she never dumped Bill after that whole fiasco. If she did I'd like her a bit more.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:54 am 

The Noid wrote:
Probably because she never dumped Bill after that whole fiasco. If she did I'd like her a bit more.
Sooo...you would rather have had her end her marriage which would look very bad and could have potentially ended any political aspirations she might have had than keep her family together which shows a strong bond and a is extremely beneficial to her political career? Heck it puts ahead of the majority of the Republican candidates because she kept her marriage together and their marital problem wasn't irreconcilable differences it was adultery the most egregious of all marital sins. So do you still dislike her even after she showed how much character she had?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:22 am 
Pizza Pizza

Beyond the Grave wrote:
So do you still dislike her even after she showed how much character she had?

[Devils advocate] Is this the same character she had in so courageously attacking Barrack Obama for his drug use that occurred 20+ years ago through her campaign staff? [/DA]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:27 am 

StrongRad wrote:
[Devils advocate]Is this the same character she had in so courageously attacking Barrack Obama for his drug use that occurred 20+ years ago through her campaign staff?[/DA]
[Devil's Advocate]Maybe he should have left the ganja alone.[/Devil's Advocate] ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:30 am 
Pizza Pizza

Beyond the Grave wrote:
StrongRad wrote:
[Devils advocate]Is this the same character she had in so courageously attacking Barrack Obama for his drug use that occurred 20+ years ago through her campaign staff?[/DA]
Mud slinging - gotta hate it.

You're not kidding.
That's part of the reason I like Obama. He doesn't really do much slinging. He might shoot some back, but he doesn't seem to start anything.

McCain also seems to be keeping it clean.

I guess when you're ahead or at least rising in the polls, you don't have to sling too much. Either that, or they both know they'll lose the nominations of their respective parties, and there's no need to supply the other party with more ammo than they already have or want a VP nod.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:04 pm 

Sorry I'm late to post anything!

I don't like Hillary at all! One reason, she is pro-choise! Second she wants to give everyone medical aid(or something like that) which isn't bad but she's doing it with OUR money and some people (I'm not taliking about people who are disabled and can't do anything) can actually get a job and work for it but if she goes into office then th9ose people will be like "oh I don't have to pay for this medical plan because someone else is paying for me!" and then we would be working our but off trying to PAY for taxes that will PAY THEM!!!Third look who her husband is!!(sorry I'm a BIG republican)

*pant pant*...

Thats why I don't like her.Please don't hurt me!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:47 pm 

Angelgrl1029 wrote:
Second she wants to give everyone medical aid(or something like that) which isn't bad but she's doing it with OUR money and some people (I'm not taliking about people who are disabled and can't do anything) can actually get a job and work for it but if she goes into office then th9ose people will be like "oh I don't have to pay for this medical plan because someone else is paying for me!" and then we would be working our but off trying to PAY for taxes that will PAY THEM!!!
I am going to state this as clearly as I can: Everything that our government pays for comes from our money.

Angelgrl1029 wrote:
Third look who her husband is!!
So because she is married to one of the best presidents we have had in the last 50 years, you don't like her. Am I understanding that correctly?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:14 pm 

I would hardly classify Bill as one of the best presidents in the past 50 years. Perhaps if he and Nixon where the only ones in the comparison...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:38 pm 

Angelgrl1029 wrote:
One reason, she is pro-choise!

Although I am myself pro-life -- though not strongly so -- I think that issue has little to do with whether she would make a good president. I don't think important bills involving pro-life or pro-choice decisions come up very often.

Beyond the Grave wrote:
I am going to state this as clearly as I can: Everything that our government pays for comes from our money.

Um, yeah, I think that was the whole problem Angelgrl was objecting to. Angelgrl was saying that the government, and therefore we, shouldn't pay for it at all. (I don't think I agree with that, though. I'm just pointing out that nothing Angelgrl said suggested that we don't pay for what the government pays for.)

Beyond the Grave wrote:
So because she is married to one of the best presidents we have had in the last 50 years, you don't like her. Am I understanding that correctly?

Although I disagree with the way BtG worded this, I think there's a point here. If you vote for Hillary, you're voting for Hillary. Bill doesn't enter the picture so much. Just because they're married doesn't mean they'll have the same politics. (They might, they might not; that isn't the point. The point is that "Look who her husband is" isn't really a valid argument unless you can demonstrate that she will act like her husband.)

Myself, I don't know if I like Hillary or not. I almost certainly will like her over any Republican candidate, though...

- Kef

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:52 pm 

Beyond the Grave wrote:
The Noid wrote:
Probably because she never dumped Bill after that whole fiasco. If she did I'd like her a bit more.
Sooo...you would rather have had her end her marriage which would look very bad and could have potentially ended any political aspirations she might have had than keep her family together which shows a strong bond and a is extremely beneficial to her political career? Heck it puts ahead of the majority of the Republican candidates because she kept her marriage together and their marital problem wasn't irreconcilable differences it was adultery the most egregious of all marital sins. So do you still dislike her even after she showed how much character she had?

Having strong family values is a good thing to run on, but if you don't kick somebody out after they cheat on you with other (multiple? I think there were 2) women and lie about it under oath, then you must have self-esteem issues or disrespect issues or something.

I also dislike a great deal of Hillary's supporters. Mostly the annoying ones. Like if you bring up Bill's affair, they'll say "All the other president's cheated on their wives anyways so it doesn't matter".

Trust me, those people exist.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:01 pm 

You know, for all Hillary's faults, I think everyone here is missing the very worst thing that would happen if she were elected. It would mean the sequence of presidents would go something like this (counting separate terms)-Bush, Clinton, Clinton, Bush, Bush, Clinton. So, over 20 years and only two last names. And not even by happy coincidence. That's fairly depressing, isn't it?

No, I didn't actually have anything to contribute to the discussion, thanks for asking : P

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:40 am 

Nasty ol' Puppet wrote:
It would mean the sequence of presidents would go something like this (counting separate terms)-Bush, Clinton, Clinton, Bush, Bush, Clinton. So, over 20 years and only two last names. And not even by happy coincidence. That's fairly depressing, isn't it?

So much for CHANGE! CHANGE!!! CHAAAAAANGE!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:48 pm 

furrykef wrote:
Um, yeah, I think that was the whole problem Angelgrl was objecting to. Angelgrl was saying that the government, and therefore we, shouldn't pay for it at all. (I don't think I agree with that, though. I'm just pointing out that nothing Angelgrl said suggested that we don't pay for what the government pays for.)

Its not like its bad to pay some things to the government, but its just when you have to pay for things that most likely won't happen(everyone having medical aid? That's about 250,000,000 your covering! :eek: )

YES 100 POSTS!!!! :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:55 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:54 pm 

Didymus wrote:
I would hardly classify Bill as one of the best presidents in the past 50 years. Perhaps if he and Nixon where the only ones in the comparison...

Actually, if we look at Bill as just a president, he was really, really good. If we look at him as a person, he had a really bad quality. If we look at him as a president and a person, the worse is made a little bit (only a tiny bit) more worse, only because of what power he had. But on the whole, he was a good president. Just a pretty bad person.

Never mind all of that. All the blame shouldn't go to Bill and I'm wrong for saying things like that. Sorry guys.

Guess I just don't like Hillary then for no reason.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:15 pm 

Don't tell me, that if given the chance, you wouldn't want to hang out with Bill.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:58 pm 

I probably would, but when Hillary walks in the room with a Hot-Pocket tray, I'd be all "uh, hey, man, my uncle needs me..."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:20 pm 

I would totally chill with bill.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next