Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:52 am

All times are UTC




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

Who is you choice for President?
Poll ended at Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:02 am
Barack Obama 73%  73%  [ 8 ]
John McCain 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
Third Party Candidate 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 11
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: '08 Elections!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:10 am
Posts: 14278
Location: Behind Blue Eyes
IantheGecko wrote:
But I bet you that NH is all that Hillary's gonna get.
How much are you willing to bet? Your eternal soul?

Hi, I'm from New York, she and Chuck Schumer represent us in the Senate. I think she is going to win here without issue. Same with Rudy. Plus I think she will win quite a few more. I think she will get the nod.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: '08 Elections!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:00 am
Posts: 3849
Location: Best Coast
She'll also get whatever states Obama and Kerry boycotted (like Michigan).

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: '08 Elections!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:45 pm
Posts: 5441
Location: living in the sunling, loving in the moonlight, having a wonderful time.
I'm still waiting to vote Huckabee when the time comes. All I see before me is a race that can clearly fall to anybody.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: '08 Elections!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:37 pm
Posts: 2455
Location: oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer
What annoys me about Huckabee is that he's pulling the same crap that Bush did eight years ago: trying to be a "simple livin' country folk southerner" who doesn't get caught up in too much, you know, "politics" or any sort of serious business and just has the casual hard-working American interests at heart.

And people are buying into that rhetoric again.

*headdesk*

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: '08 Elections!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:00 am
Posts: 3849
Location: Best Coast
I was at McCain's rally this morning and shook his hand and sooo close to getting his autograph, but that's a long story. I have to say I like a lot of what he said and he'll probably get my vote.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: '08 Elections!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:21 am 
Offline
Pizza Pizza
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:05 pm
Posts: 10451
Location: probably the penalty box
I really can't believe NY would bite on "I'm experienced because I lived in the White House" and "I was mayor during 9/11! 9/11!!!!!!!!!!".

Seriously.

I'm willing to bet it'll be Obama and McCain. Ok, so I don't bet it so much as wish it.

_________________
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: '08 Elections!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:09 am
Posts: 8987
Location: He remembered Socks!
Once you vote Black, you never go back.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: '08 Elections!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:45 pm
Posts: 5441
Location: living in the sunling, loving in the moonlight, having a wonderful time.
HipHoppityFrogOfValue wrote:
What annoys me about Huckabee is that he's pulling the same crap that Bush did eight years ago: trying to be a "simple livin' country folk southerner" who doesn't get caught up in too much, you know, "politics" or any sort of serious business and just has the casual hard-working American interests at heart.

And people are buying into that rhetoric again.

*headdesk*

Buying into it? How about, I *like* the guy? The man's human, I like his politics from what I've seen, and I like his religious backing. Those are good reasons to support a candidate, am I right?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: '08 Elections!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:37 pm
Posts: 2455
Location: oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer
I'm just saying it's the same profile that Bush tried to fit, and we all see how that worked out once he was actually elected.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: '08 Elections!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 10:55 am
Posts: 2732
Location: Caring a lot
HipHoppityFrogOfValue wrote:
What annoys me about Huckabee is that he's pulling the same crap that Bush did eight years ago: trying to be a "simple livin' country folk southerner" who doesn't get caught up in too much, you know, "politics" or any sort of serious business and just has the casual hard-working American interests at heart.

And people are buying into that rhetoric again.

*headdesk*


Wow, what an origi-
Lunar Jesty wrote:
Huckabee is just a repeat of 2000: that real nice Southern guy you'd just like to chill with is way better than that silly old Democrat blabbering about issues like "alternative energy" and "prison reform."


Bush tried to fit this same profile, I'm just saying, and once he was elected, we all see how that worked out.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: '08 Elections!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:09 am
Posts: 8987
Location: He remembered Socks!
O SNAP

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: '08 Elections!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:10 am
Posts: 14278
Location: Behind Blue Eyes
StrongRad wrote:
I really can't believe NY would bite on "I'm experienced because I lived in the White House" and "I was mayor during 9/11! 9/11!!!!!!!!!!".
Raddy, I know how my state works. I've lived here for 22 years. And you are forgetting that when Hillary ran for Senate in 2000 she was running on her name alone. She had never lived here, she didn't know much about us, but she beat her opponent by a 2 to 1 margin.

As for Rudy, all he needs is to carry his native downstate and he will have no problems. Plus, if it wasn't for mayoral term limits, he would still be mayor.

They have a home state advantage and they will use it.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: '08 Elections!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:14 pm
Posts: 8899
Location: looking at my post and/or profile
I don't really like Hillary all that much. Probably because she never dumped Bill after that whole fiasco. If she did I'd like her a bit more.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: '08 Elections!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:10 am
Posts: 14278
Location: Behind Blue Eyes
The Noid wrote:
Probably because she never dumped Bill after that whole fiasco. If she did I'd like her a bit more.
Sooo...you would rather have had her end her marriage which would look very bad and could have potentially ended any political aspirations she might have had than keep her family together which shows a strong bond and a is extremely beneficial to her political career? Heck it puts ahead of the majority of the Republican candidates because she kept her marriage together and their marital problem wasn't irreconcilable differences it was adultery the most egregious of all marital sins. So do you still dislike her even after she showed how much character she had?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: '08 Elections!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:22 am 
Offline
Pizza Pizza
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:05 pm
Posts: 10451
Location: probably the penalty box
Beyond the Grave wrote:
So do you still dislike her even after she showed how much character she had?

[Devils advocate] Is this the same character she had in so courageously attacking Barrack Obama for his drug use that occurred 20+ years ago through her campaign staff? [/DA]

_________________
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: '08 Elections!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:10 am
Posts: 14278
Location: Behind Blue Eyes
StrongRad wrote:
[Devils advocate]Is this the same character she had in so courageously attacking Barrack Obama for his drug use that occurred 20+ years ago through her campaign staff?[/DA]
[Devil's Advocate]Maybe he should have left the ganja alone.[/Devil's Advocate] ;)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: '08 Elections!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:30 am 
Offline
Pizza Pizza
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:05 pm
Posts: 10451
Location: probably the penalty box
Beyond the Grave wrote:
StrongRad wrote:
[Devils advocate]Is this the same character she had in so courageously attacking Barrack Obama for his drug use that occurred 20+ years ago through her campaign staff?[/DA]
Mud slinging - gotta hate it.

You're not kidding.
That's part of the reason I like Obama. He doesn't really do much slinging. He might shoot some back, but he doesn't seem to start anything.

McCain also seems to be keeping it clean.

I guess when you're ahead or at least rising in the polls, you don't have to sling too much. Either that, or they both know they'll lose the nominations of their respective parties, and there's no need to supply the other party with more ammo than they already have or want a VP nod.

_________________
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: '08 Elections!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:29 pm
Posts: 149
Location: ...WHY R U ASKING ME!?!?!?
Sorry I'm late to post anything!

I don't like Hillary at all! One reason, she is pro-choise! Second she wants to give everyone medical aid(or something like that) which isn't bad but she's doing it with OUR money and some people (I'm not taliking about people who are disabled and can't do anything) can actually get a job and work for it but if she goes into office then th9ose people will be like "oh I don't have to pay for this medical plan because someone else is paying for me!" and then we would be working our but off trying to PAY for taxes that will PAY THEM!!!Third look who her husband is!!(sorry I'm a BIG republican)

*pant pant*...

Thats why I don't like her.Please don't hurt me!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: '08 Elections!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:10 am
Posts: 14278
Location: Behind Blue Eyes
Angelgrl1029 wrote:
Second she wants to give everyone medical aid(or something like that) which isn't bad but she's doing it with OUR money and some people (I'm not taliking about people who are disabled and can't do anything) can actually get a job and work for it but if she goes into office then th9ose people will be like "oh I don't have to pay for this medical plan because someone else is paying for me!" and then we would be working our but off trying to PAY for taxes that will PAY THEM!!!
I am going to state this as clearly as I can: Everything that our government pays for comes from our money.

Angelgrl1029 wrote:
Third look who her husband is!!
So because she is married to one of the best presidents we have had in the last 50 years, you don't like her. Am I understanding that correctly?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: '08 Elections!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 10, 2004 5:21 pm
Posts: 15581
Location: Hey! I'm looking for some kind of trangly thing!
I would hardly classify Bill as one of the best presidents in the past 50 years. Perhaps if he and Nixon where the only ones in the comparison...

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: '08 Elections!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:57 am
Posts: 2981
Location: Oklahoma City
Angelgrl1029 wrote:
One reason, she is pro-choise!


Although I am myself pro-life -- though not strongly so -- I think that issue has little to do with whether she would make a good president. I don't think important bills involving pro-life or pro-choice decisions come up very often.

Beyond the Grave wrote:
I am going to state this as clearly as I can: Everything that our government pays for comes from our money.


Um, yeah, I think that was the whole problem Angelgrl was objecting to. Angelgrl was saying that the government, and therefore we, shouldn't pay for it at all. (I don't think I agree with that, though. I'm just pointing out that nothing Angelgrl said suggested that we don't pay for what the government pays for.)

Beyond the Grave wrote:
So because she is married to one of the best presidents we have had in the last 50 years, you don't like her. Am I understanding that correctly?


Although I disagree with the way BtG worded this, I think there's a point here. If you vote for Hillary, you're voting for Hillary. Bill doesn't enter the picture so much. Just because they're married doesn't mean they'll have the same politics. (They might, they might not; that isn't the point. The point is that "Look who her husband is" isn't really a valid argument unless you can demonstrate that she will act like her husband.)

Myself, I don't know if I like Hillary or not. I almost certainly will like her over any Republican candidate, though...

- Kef

_________________
404 sig not found


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: '08 Elections!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:14 pm
Posts: 8899
Location: looking at my post and/or profile
Beyond the Grave wrote:
The Noid wrote:
Probably because she never dumped Bill after that whole fiasco. If she did I'd like her a bit more.
Sooo...you would rather have had her end her marriage which would look very bad and could have potentially ended any political aspirations she might have had than keep her family together which shows a strong bond and a is extremely beneficial to her political career? Heck it puts ahead of the majority of the Republican candidates because she kept her marriage together and their marital problem wasn't irreconcilable differences it was adultery the most egregious of all marital sins. So do you still dislike her even after she showed how much character she had?


Having strong family values is a good thing to run on, but if you don't kick somebody out after they cheat on you with other (multiple? I think there were 2) women and lie about it under oath, then you must have self-esteem issues or disrespect issues or something.

I also dislike a great deal of Hillary's supporters. Mostly the annoying ones. Like if you bring up Bill's affair, they'll say "All the other president's cheated on their wives anyways so it doesn't matter".

Trust me, those people exist.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: '08 Elections!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:39 am
Posts: 307
You know, for all Hillary's faults, I think everyone here is missing the very worst thing that would happen if she were elected. It would mean the sequence of presidents would go something like this (counting separate terms)-Bush, Clinton, Clinton, Bush, Bush, Clinton. So, over 20 years and only two last names. And not even by happy coincidence. That's fairly depressing, isn't it?

No, I didn't actually have anything to contribute to the discussion, thanks for asking : P

_________________
GENERATION 22: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: '08 Elections!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:00 am
Posts: 3849
Location: Best Coast
Nasty ol' Puppet wrote:
It would mean the sequence of presidents would go something like this (counting separate terms)-Bush, Clinton, Clinton, Bush, Bush, Clinton. So, over 20 years and only two last names. And not even by happy coincidence. That's fairly depressing, isn't it?

So much for CHANGE! CHANGE!!! CHAAAAAANGE!!!!!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: '08 Elections!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:29 pm
Posts: 149
Location: ...WHY R U ASKING ME!?!?!?
furrykef wrote:
Um, yeah, I think that was the whole problem Angelgrl was objecting to. Angelgrl was saying that the government, and therefore we, shouldn't pay for it at all. (I don't think I agree with that, though. I'm just pointing out that nothing Angelgrl said suggested that we don't pay for what the government pays for.)


Its not like its bad to pay some things to the government, but its just when you have to pay for things that most likely won't happen(everyone having medical aid? That's about 250,000,000 your covering! :eek: )

YES 100 POSTS!!!! :)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: '08 Elections!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:34 pm
Posts: 286
Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: '08 Elections!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:14 pm
Posts: 8899
Location: looking at my post and/or profile
Didymus wrote:
I would hardly classify Bill as one of the best presidents in the past 50 years. Perhaps if he and Nixon where the only ones in the comparison...


Actually, if we look at Bill as just a president, he was really, really good. If we look at him as a person, he had a really bad quality. If we look at him as a president and a person, the worse is made a little bit (only a tiny bit) more worse, only because of what power he had. But on the whole, he was a good president. Just a pretty bad person.

Never mind all of that. All the blame shouldn't go to Bill and I'm wrong for saying things like that. Sorry guys.

Guess I just don't like Hillary then for no reason.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: '08 Elections!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:09 am
Posts: 8987
Location: He remembered Socks!
Don't tell me, that if given the chance, you wouldn't want to hang out with Bill.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: '08 Elections!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:14 pm
Posts: 8899
Location: looking at my post and/or profile
I probably would, but when Hillary walks in the room with a Hot-Pocket tray, I'd be all "uh, hey, man, my uncle needs me..."

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: '08 Elections!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:26 am
Posts: 3828
Location: I've seen this kind of Pikachu before.
I would totally chill with bill.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group