Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:14 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: strongbad_email.exe Disc Six DVD
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 4:08 am 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:
So when you click the floppy disk, the video itself appears instead of its URL?

Sure, I suppose.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 3:57 pm 

This is just in, my 200th post!

This took me nearly two days to figure out how the rest of your bonus email might go. Here's what I thought:
(Cut to the area of Marzipan's gazebo. Marzipan and Strong Sad are at a table with several wood-davers and a giant one on it.)

MARZIPAN: Wow, Strong Sad. Your wood-davers look very nice.

STRONG SAD: Oh, yeah, they sure do. (picks up the big wood-daver) Especially this big one I've finished.

MARZIPAN: Where would you like to hang it?

STRONG BAD: (offscreen) How about on this little branch on this little oak tree?

(The two walk to the left and the camera reveals Strong Bad standing next to a stout, bizarrely built oak tree with a branch sticking out of it)

MARZIPAN: I don't know, Strong Bad. It looks too closer to the grass and too far from the birds' view.

(close up of Strong Bad)

STRONG BAD: That's alright, it won't snap, it's pretty sturdy.

(zoom out)

STRONG SAD: Well, she's got a good point here-

STRONG BAD: Just hang it already!

STRONG SAD: Okay, if you say so.

(close shot of the wood-daver being tied to the branch)

STRONG BAD: Perfect. (zoom out)

(the wood-daver's weight pulls down the branch, causing the knothole above the branch to open up and reveal a swirly, red and white plate. Strong Sad and Marzipan stare at it wide-eyed)

STRONG BAD: Ha-ha! (mysterious voice) I am now your master...

STRONG SAD AND MARZIPAN: (entranced) You are now our master...

STRONG BAD: You will both obey my commands...

STRONG SAD AND MARZIPAN: (entranced) We will both obey your commands...

STRONG BAD: (talking normally) Strong Sad...

(close shot of Strong Sad)

STRONG SAD: Yes?

STRONG BAD: (offscreen) I want you to climb to the top of the gazebo and fly like a birdie.

(zoom out)

STRONG SAD: Okay, I can do that.

(Strong Sad walks off to the right)

STRONG BAD: Oh, this is just too good!

(close shot of Marzipan)

MARZIPAN: Strong Bad, what would you like me to do?

(zoom out)

STRONG BAD: Oh, right. Let's see...

STRONG BAD: When I give the signal, I want you to shoot down Strong Sad...(zoom in on Strong Bad as he pulls out a large water gun with a green, black striped shoulder strap. the logo on the water gun reads "Super Duper Drencher")...with this Super Duper Drencher! (zoom out as Strong Bad hands the water gun to Marzipan) Here ya go.

MARZIPAN: Thanks. (she puts on the strap)

STRONG BAD: Now charge it up so it sprays like it's gotta pee.

MARZIPAN: Yes, sir. (starts pumping the water gun)

STRONG BAD: Hee-hee. She called me "sir."

(cut to Strong Sad on top of the gazebo)

STRONG SAD: Chirp-chirp-chirp. (jumps off, flapping his arms) Chirpy-chirp-CHIRRR (falls down, but there's no thud; instead, he slowly rises up into view) Chirp-chirpity-chirp-chirp. (flies forward) Chirp-chirp-chirp.

(cut back to Strong Bad and Marzipan, who is aiming the water gun at Strong Sad)

STRONG BAD: Ready...aim...squirt!

(Marzipan squirts water in Strong Sad's face)

STRONG SAD: Chirp-chirp-chir-ooh!

(Strong Sad turns back to normal and is still in the air flapping his arms)

STRONG SAD: Hey, what am I doing up in the AIIIR-

(on his back, he falls on the wood-davers on the table, which gets cut in half)

STRONG SAD: Aaaaaaaowww...chies.

(close shot of Strong Bad, smiling)

STRONG BAD: Oh-ho-ho-ho man! That was hilarious! (zoom out to show Strong Bad, who is violently shaking up a can of melonade, and Marzipan) Here, hot-shot, have a can of melonade. (hands her the can)

MARZIPAN: Okay. (opens up the can and melonade sprays in her face, splashing her offscreen. The can falls on the ground, still spraying.)

(Strong Bad starts laughing uncontrollably as the can's melonade spray dies down)

(cut to a screenshot of a soaked Marzipan, lying next to the damaged table, and Strong Sad, still on it)

STRONG SAD: Oh... my wood davers.

MARZIPAN: Oh... my table.

STRONG SAD: Uh, is that shoulder strap made of snake skin?

(Marzipan observes the strap and gasps)

(cut back to Strong Bad, still laughing)

STRONG BAD: (wiping under his right eye) Oh...that's just about as funny as high-pitched Strong Mad. Could this get any funnier?

(Homestar walks up from the left holding a pinwheel)

HOMESTAR RUNNER: Hey, Big Red.

STRONG BAD: Oh, hey, Cheerful White. Will you please take a gander at that spinning plate on that tree?

(close up of Homestar)

HOMESTAR RUNNER: Oh, of course! (stares at the spinning plate, but doesn't appear to be wide-eyed) Man, that is one, funny lookin' lollipop. (starts licking the plate) Tastes better than that other one, too! (tosses the pinwheel away and continues licking the plate)

(zoom out to Strong Bad and Homestar)

STRONG BAD: What the? How are you not being hypnotized?

HOMESTAR RUNNER: (stops licking) Oh I don't know. Maybe it's because of the damage from that hot soup you poured in my eyes. (resumes licking)

(zoom in on Strong Bad, who looks flatly at the camera as a "weh, weh, wehhh" sound is heard)

(Cut back to the Lappy. Strong Bad sits down and clears the screen)

STRONG BAD: (typing) Well, Michael "Red Herring"...ton, it seems I wasn't able to hypnotize Homestar (types "Dumbstar" in place of "Homestar") into doing anything absurd. But I have succeeded in tricking Gron Sad and the long-necked vegan into doing the same just like you told me to. Come to think of it, I shoulda tricked them into serving for me. (stops typing) Stupid, stupid...(stammers, sighs, and resumes typing) Well, I can't now, because this email's about to end in 3...2...1.

(New Paper comes down)

Inside References include: wood-davers, melonade, and Strong Mad's high pitch voice in ISP. You might also wanna add what you're missing (like the hot soup bit from Different Town and New Boots).

And the Real-World References include: 'Super Duper Drencher' being a parody of 'Super Soaker', the name 'Big Red,' which is a gum brand, and 'Cheerful White' being the alternate name of the central Bomberman.

Make any changes if you will. You might be able to think up some Easter eggs as well.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:42 pm 

Ah, thank you very much, Charlie Jr.! You know, I was actually going to have Marzipan be impervious to this hypnosis, but I like your idea better.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:28 pm 

As I wrote on the Podstar Runner article, changing both New Papers in web comics to "the end" destroys its relevance to Strong Bad's complaint of relying entirely on fan-submitted content. I think the first New Paper in that email should remain unaltered.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:33 pm 

I also imagined the voice on Strong Mad's TV is the same one heard in the beginning of Rotten Eggs.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:38 pm 

Charlie Jr. wrote:
I also imagined the voice on Strong Mad's TV is the same one heard in the beginning of Rotten Eggs.

Yeah, I guess so.

Bad Bad Guy wrote:
As I wrote on the Podstar Runner article, changing both New Papers in web comics to "the end" destroys its relevance to Strong Bad's complaint of relying entirely on fan-submitted content. I think the first New Paper in that email should remain unaltered.

Okay, I better fix that. Consider it done. Also, I'm thinking of having the Gameways Easter egg from SHAPESHIFTER be relocated to a standalone Easter egg, since this DVD is sorely lacking these things.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:57 pm 

For the menu, what do you think New Paper will look like? I know what it'll have, but maybe it could also have a different image on each side of the text 'Disc 6 Menu'.

As for your bonus email, I did tell you that you can make changes, just like what you did for the Disc Six introduction. For instance, after saying "Come to think of it," Strong Bad could mention that he shoulda tricked Strong Sad and Marzipan into becoming immune to different liquids or something, you know. I even liked your inclusion of SB threatening SS with a power drill, good homage to Origins, too. And maybe you can take out the 'help me/you' portion in that Easter egg, which I thought was rather funny by the way, because the 'help me/you' portion seems a little unneccessary.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:49 pm 

Charlie Jr. wrote:
For the menu, what do you think New Paper will look like? I know what it'll have, but maybe it could also have a different image on each side of the text 'Disc 6 Menu'.

As for your bonus email, I did tell you that you can make changes, just like what you did for the Disc Six introduction. For instance, after saying "Come to think of it," Strong Bad could mention that he shoulda tricked Strong Sad and Marzipan into becoming immune to different liquids or something, you know. I even liked your inclusion of SB threatening SS with a power drill, good homage to Origins, too. And maybe you can take out the 'help me/you' portion in that Easter egg, which I thought was rather funny by the way, because the 'help me/you' portion seems a little unneccessary.

Taken care of the bonus email. And as for the menu, if the Paper's look is any indication, it will feature the New Paper's look as seen on the Podstar Runner version of those emails (sans "the end", of course) and have the icons on both sides of the paper, too.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:59 pm 

Maybe I shoulda been more specific about being physically resistant to different liquids, even in the face. It's just so Strong Sad and Marzipan wouldn't have to turn back to normal. I also wasn't expecting alcohol. Can you think a little harder?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:24 pm 

I will admit, that "environmentalist" part was thoughtful. I was thinking the situation Strong Bad is in at the end may be a nod to when Strong Bad realized what he should have picked guitars and laser guns at the end of New Hands.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:35 pm 

Well, I've taken care of everything, as per your request.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:08 am 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:
Bonus features I would like to see include the unaired pilot from theme song and a documentary about why TBC started making podcasts and why they stopped for 9 months. Anything would be an improvement over Disc 5's "2 toons that were already on the website, 1 email that already appeared online at the Georgia Tech conference, and 2 clip shows."

Well, it looks like the end is nigh, so to speak. Anyway, for the bonuses, here's the updated list:

• An unreleased email: HYPNOSIS
  • A third round of email intros (from 161 to 200)
  • The deleted scene from Email 169
  • Place Ya Bets! (the new short on Email 200)
  • The updated rock opera (called "Rock Opera: Act Two!")
  • A second round of scroll button songs (following "Huzzah on the mic...")

And for the Easter eggs:
  • An alternate take from STRONG BADATHLON
  • An alternate take from YES, WRESTLING
  • Strong Bad Gameways

And for the portrait shots on the cover, how about Il Cartographer (front) and Teenage Strong Bad (back)?

What do you think?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:51 pm 

Oh yeah. I'm sure the bonus stuff parts will all work out. And from what I recall, Everything Else, Volume 2 was said to have ~4 hours worth of viewing. I sure hope this disc will have plenty of room for 39 3-5 minute sbemails, #200, and the rest, though. Oh, and there's also Strong Bad as Dr. Marvin Rubdown, where, in the back, he might make a poem-type description of what's on that DVD. Saaaay...that sounds like a terrific idea already!

By the way, since I couldn't log in to the Fanstuff Wiki, I had to anonymously make some sensible changes to the bonus email of yours. You have saved the latest versions of your articles before the purging got started, haven't you?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:22 am 

Charlie Jr. wrote:
Oh, and there's also Strong Bad as Dr. Marvin Rubdown, where, in the back, he might make a poem-type description of what's on that DVD. Saaaay...that sounds like a terrific idea already!

Hey, that sounds like a great way to do a back cover for the emails. However, this would be the first time that at least one alternate universe version of Strong Bad is not seen on the portrait cover, unless we decide to move Teen SB's portrait shot to the front and displace SB as Il Cartographer.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:26 pm 

I think the Limozeen clip in email thunder should have the option of changing the background, like in the DVD version of flashback, unless there isn't enough room.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:17 am 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:
I think the Limozeen clip in email thunder should have the option of changing the background, like in the DVD version of flashback, unless there isn't enough room.

Sure, that would work, I guess. And maybe we could also include the two HREmails as Easter eggs on the DVD menu.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:36 pm 

To really switch things up, you could put Homestar on the back and have his computer have a hremail asking if has (The list of features for the DVD).
Just a thought. :idea:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:26 pm 

I wonder what New Paper will read towards the end of Email Thunder. I was thinking,
"Be sure to email Homestar Runner at
DJmankiewicz@homestarrunner.com"

'Cause you certainly can't email anyone with a DVD remote.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:08 pm 

If New Paper just had "the end" and pictures of Homestar, would it be enough to tick off Strong Bad and The Paper as strongly as the DJmankiewicz thing did?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:10 pm 

Well, either way would be fine actually.

And in the Easter egg with the King of Town in RATED, there should be an actual open cover of this DVD sitting next to the TV, albeit in animated form.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:03 am 

Charlie Jr. wrote:
I wonder what New Paper will read towards the end of Email Thunder. I was thinking,
"Be sure to email Homestar Runner at
DJmankiewicz@homestarrunner.com"

'Cause you certainly can't email anyone with a DVD remote.

I wish they did something like that for the Podcast of web comics instead of using the "the end" message that defeats the entire irony of Strong Bad saying "What a cop-out".

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:10 am 

Which is why when I did that DVD in the Fanstuff Wiki, I had a section on "DVD Version" to help differ between web versions and DVD versions, including fixing the error made by the podcast.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:44 pm 

Charlie Jr. wrote:
Maybe the cover might show Strong Bad in other costumes, like Gene in Hygiene, and perhaps any of the alter egos in Yes, Wrestling, like Il Cartographer. We still have 13 more emails to go until the Bros. Chaps can put it all together.

I'm also sure that the small bit of bonus content will include 40 More Seconds (161st second from email 161, 162nd second from email 162, 163rd second from email 163 and so on, all the way up to email 200), and the Email intros up to 200.

We might as well have to wait until July for the release, so we should keep our patience, 'specially you, Cap. PHP.

How bout Gene and anamtrotic SB?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:02 am 

I think it would be cool to see animatronic SB sass everyone who passes up the opportunity to own (insert list of highlights from sbemails 161-200 here) and hours of bonus features.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:34 pm 

I guess there cannot be a "40 More Seconds" feature because Specially Marked doesn't have a 194th second.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:46 pm 

Charlie Jr. wrote:
I guess there cannot be a "40 More Seconds" feature because Specially Marked doesn't have a 194th second.

That would be too short anyway. Now, if they were to break up the 200 emails in half, making them 100 seconds each, or even waited to do all 200 seconds, then maybe that would be different and more practical.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:59 pm 

"Rock Opera Act 2!" makes a sequel to "160 Seconds" pretty redundant, doesn't it?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:47 pm 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:
"Rock Opera Act 2!" makes a sequel to "160 Seconds" pretty redundant, doesn't it?

Yeah, it does. I think a second Rock Opera seems more practical and has more potential.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:19 pm 

Location: The forum, the wiki, the other wiki, the other other wiki, the...
For the cover, I was thinking either Gene from hygiene or Strong Bad in his "Facepaint Connection" costume from yes, wrestling. On the other side.... :hr:

Genius, ain't it?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:23 am 

ThePapersmith wrote:
For the cover, I was thinking either Gene from hygiene or Strong Bad in his "Facepaint Connection" costume from yes, wrestling. On the other side.... :hr:

Genius, ain't it?

Actually, if they had any wrestling costumes, it should be of Il Cartographer.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next