Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 347 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Advertisement Rating
5 Really Funny! Not just a comercial advertisement! 66%  66%  [ 80 ]
4 Funny Cartoon! 21%  21%  [ 26 ]
3 Worth watching 11%  11%  [ 13 ]
2 Ehhh... 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
1 What a waste of space 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 122
 Post subject: Re: SBCG4AP Strong bad's cool game for attractive people
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:51 pm 

gino wrote:
Charlie Jr. wrote:
I plan to get this game via WiiWare, but I'm a little stumped here: the Wii and PC versions will come out at the same time, and only the PC will have the bundle. If that's the case, that bundle will have four other episodes while Wii users will have to wait for those episodes to become available. Correct me if I'm wrong, but are the episodes coming to the PC also monthly?

I would also buy Sam & Max: Season One for Wii once it comes out - that looks fascinating. :-D

I'm guessing if you buy the bundle, they download automatically.

I thought that after all the episodes came out, they would just put it all in one file and sell it along with the individual episodes.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:57 pm 

I have a dilemma as regards this game. I don't want to risk interfering with my fragile internet connection by using WiiWare to buy episodes monthly, but I don't think the PC version of this game will come out in the UK, and the USA version might not work here.
I still plan to get Sam and Max for Wii tho'.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:54 pm 

The PC version would be available for download on the Telltale website so I don't think it wouldn't work in the UK. Though credit card information might be a problem, I'm not sure.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:34 pm 

I'll try to answer a few of these questions...

Charlie Jr. wrote:
I plan to get this game via WiiWare, but I'm a little stumped here: the Wii and PC versions will come out at the same time, and only the PC will have the bundle. If that's the case, that bundle will have four other episodes while Wii users will have to wait for those episodes to become available. Correct me if I'm wrong, but are the episodes coming to the PC also monthly?

The episodes come out monthly for both platforms. If you buy the season bundle on the PC, it just means that you are paying for all five episodes up front (for a slight discount) -- That way, you only need to pay once, and then when the new episodes come out on Wii and PC once a month, your TelltaleGames.com user account will already have the game listed as purchased, and you can download it straight off of the site instantly. It's not actually buying and getting all five episodes right away, it's more like "subscribing" to the series, where you pay for the subscription on day one, and we send you a new episode a month.

The Wii Shop doesn't have subscriptions like that, unfortunately, or we would be offering that service there as well, so on the Wii you can buy them one at a time as they're released.

Of course, if you own a PC but don't want the bundle, you can also buy them one at a time on the PC as well.

Coach Z Fangirl wrote:
I have a dilemma as regards this game. I don't want to risk interfering with my fragile internet connection by using WiiWare to buy episodes monthly, but I don't think the PC version of this game will come out in the UK, and the USA version might not work here.

The PC version of the game is downloadable, too, so you may be risking your fragile internet either way :) Since it is downloadable, you can purchase Telltale games online from nearly any country in the world instantly. (Definitely including the UK -- we have many many many Sam & Max subscribers and customers in the UK!) We take credit cards from most nations, as well as PayPal.

Charlie Jr. wrote:
I would also buy Sam & Max: Season One for Wii once it comes out - that looks fascinating. :-D

Coach Z Fangirl wrote:
I still plan to get Sam and Max for Wii tho'.

Everyone should buy Sam & Max for Wii! :bubs:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:21 pm 

Wait,...so, is this coming out next week? It would be the first Monday of July.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:51 pm 

When the game is close to release we'll let you know. As another Telltale employee said on our blog, regarding when the game comes out and when we annouce a date...

Quote:
The fact that the game has to go through a submission process with Nintendo has something to do with it. Once we announce a date, we obviously want to meet it, so of course we're going to wait to announce anything until we know for sure that it's THE date.

Everyone can relax, though. The game looks great, and we're all working hard to get it out to you guys.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:03 pm 

So, still no Idea when it's coming out? :sad:

Edit: just read post above, Sorry.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:19 pm 

Bubsfan wrote:
So, still no Idea when it's coming out?

Uh, does this answer your question?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:34 pm 

Charlie Jr. wrote:
Bubsfan wrote:
So, still no Idea when it's coming out?

Uh, does this answer your question?

That shouldn't answer anyone's question, because it's not a real date. I think that IGN just picked the middle of the month. Sites like IGN and Amazon have a tendency to just list a release date for the sake of having one. The game won't be out on July 15th, though. On July 15th, it'll probably be floating around Nintendo, going through final probing and poking to make sure it's ready to be launched. When it's actually going to launch is still being determined (weird, I know, but there you go).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:02 am 

Will you be able to go to the movie theaters?

It'd be like the best thing ever if you could watch "Peasants Quest" "Dangesque 3" or like find a certain costume and see all three RRR-Rated movies.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:30 pm 

Any news yet on an actual release date?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:52 pm 

It'll be released when Nintendo wants it to be released.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:08 pm 

bake76 wrote:
Any news yet on an actual release date?

Never

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:26 pm 

Now IGN is reporting it's being released on July 21. Is there any truth to this?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:28 pm 

Location: living in the sunling, loving in the moonlight, having a wonderful time.
I do believe that when the good folks know when their game is coming out, they'll let us know. They've already said that IGN dates are pretty arbitrary, so I wouldn't go by those until I hear something from Nintendo and/or Telltale.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:31 pm 

All WiiWare release dates on websites such as IGN are tentative and simply placeholders; they've been doing this for quite some time. Since they have no idea when games are being released, they just bump the release dates to unreleased games back another week until they're released. This can also apply to any game that hasn't been given an official release date--they guess.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:27 pm 

There has not been a release date announced, so anything you see online at this point is speculation. When there is an official release date, we will announce it, and the announcement will come from Telltale and/or Nintendo - no one else. :poop:

In the meantime, Strong Bad posted a great dev blog today. :bubs:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:55 am 

Noice! But I thought that stong bad would've made himself surrounded by women or something than chopping his own head off... and Strong Mad's shoulders and stuff should've come off with his head since he doesn't have a neck. But either way AWESOME!!!

And on the release date, please release it soon!!! I don't want to wait till *shudder shudder* August, cause I'll have Marching band camp then so I wont be able to play it as much :-(

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:03 pm 

I have come up with 3 possible outcomes of this game:
1.It's going to be hillarious, like the cartoon.
2.It will be much like Zach and Wiki, where you use the Wii Remote as a mouse and as many other things to complete objectives.
3.All of the above

-Bubs, MAM 15.2 (a quote that pretty much expresses how desperate I am with you know what!)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:57 pm 

Poptire82 wrote:
2.It will be much like Zach and Wiki, where you use the Wii Remote as a mouse and as many other things to complete objectives.
3.All of the above

The answer is 3.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:31 pm 

gino wrote:
Poptire82 wrote:
3.All of the above

The answer is 3.

How can you be sure?

-Bubs, MAM 15.2 (a quote that pretty much expresses how desperate I am with you know what!)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:52 pm 

Poptire82 wrote:
gino wrote:
Poptire82 wrote:
3.All of the above

The answer is 3.

How can you be sure?

Well it has to be 2. Because Telltale is making it, and all the games they make are point and click, and that is what they advertised. I'm making an educated guess on 1, because, you know The BC are funny (If you didn't think that, why would you be here?), and Telltale is funny, at least from the games I've played. So I would say that there is about a 90-99% chance that it will be 3.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:55 pm 

gino wrote:
Well it has to be 2. Because Telltale is making it, and all the games they make are point and click, and that is what they advertised. I'm making an educated guess on 1, because, you know The BC are funny (If you didn't think that, why would you be here?), and Telltale is funny, at least from the games I've played. So I would say that there is about a 90-99% chance that it will be 3.

Oh, way to do the math. Personally, I'm going for #2. Gross lol. The sneak peeks Telltale gave us weren't that funny (with the acception of "Yes, yes, yes, NO!"). But hopefully, it will be fun at least.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:14 pm 

Well, the middle of July is practically here, and I'd like to ask one question so we all know for sure the game is coming out that same month: Is the game already finished or almost finished?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:31 pm 

Charlie Jr. wrote:
Well, the middle of July is practically here, and I'd like to ask one question so we all know for sure the game is coming out that same month: Is the game already finished or almost finished?
ja2ke wrote:
On July 15th, it'll probably be floating around Nintendo, going through final probing and poking to make sure it's ready to be launched. When it's actually going to launch is still being determined (weird, I know, but there you go).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:38 pm 

We still don't have a release date to announce, but we want to make sure people who are waiting for SBCG4AP get notified when the game comes out, so we're doing a "sign up for our newsletter, get a free game" promotion through the end of the month. Just sign up for either the Monthly Newsletter or the Big News Updates, and we'll 1) send you an email when SBCG4AP launches, and 2) send you a gift code for a free Sam & Max episode! Hopefully that will tide you over until Strong Bad's Cool Game launches. :mrgreen:

And of course, when we DO know the release date, we'll be shouting about it to everyone who will listen!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:56 pm 

I signed up for the newsletter a while ago, but I haven't gotten a single email from TellTale. Is there something wrong with my account (Which is under the same name)?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:46 pm 

16_BIT_MARIO1 wrote:
I signed up for the newsletter a while ago, but I haven't gotten a single email from TellTale. Is there something wrong with my account (Which is under the same name)?

Yeah, that's been happening to me too.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:01 pm 

gino wrote:
16_BIT_MARIO1 wrote:

Yeah, that's been happening to me too.

Me three. :-(

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:08 pm 

Well the game was released in Europe and Australia yesterday, I just finished the episode, it was incredibly funny, a very good point & click adventure game so far. There are a couple of framerate problems whenever a cutscene starts it seems, and one or two glitches like you'll be holding something in a cutscene, but its invisible when it shouldn't be, still, its very awexome.

Strong Bad: Awesome,awesome,fancy danish! Professionly funky totallydiggity-underdrawers. Oh tonight,— Homestar: Cooool. Maripan: Healthy. Strong Bad: Ones, eh? Whatever action baby actually went jibblie.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 347 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next