Post subject: Trudgemank
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:12 pm 

New toon.

Wiki Link.
Toon Link.

Thought it was ok.

Post subject: Re: Trudgemank
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:25 pm 

All I can say is... I feel sorry for whoever's going to try to transcribe this on the Wiki...

I'll have a more coherent opinion after sleep.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:11 pm 

Kind of odd for these guys...almost feel like I'd see this on SomethingAwful...

http://www.crashnklein.com - The current and future, low-mortgage, 3-bedroom-1.5-bath-with-three-acres home of the Denim Avenger and other assorted hero types

http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Denim_Avenger/index.php

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:27 pm 

Phlip wrote:
All I can say is... I feel sorry for whoever's going to try to transcribe this on the Wiki...

I second that emotion.

This looks like it's the single weirdest thing on the whole site now. I honestly can't think of anything that compares.

The Cheat was so cute at the end though. ^^

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:35 pm 

I, for one, can't get enough of Peacey P. Y'all gravy brained biscuitheads.
Pretty sure I'll have to watch it another 3 or 4 times to figure out what they were actually saying though :-| Taranchula, Peacey P and The Cheat aren't exactly the group I'd choose to recite Shakespeare.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:42 pm 

OK, that freakin' RULED!! That song was like...Made of awesome. I loved the Anthrax/P.E. reference, and Peacey's "early '90s" style... yeah, A++

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:44 pm 

Linkin park? Woooooooah. I <3'd the end with Teh C. though.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:58 pm 

I lol'd at "Anthrax and PE"

Poor the Cheat. I guess Strong Bad was busy doing something else and couldn't critique his flash like he usually does.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:10 pm 

Too bad you can't download the song. That was awesome. The Cheat's working with some talented people.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:56 pm 

I can't understand it at all, but I still feel like giving it a 4 just for The Cheat's ending scene.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:17 pm 

That was complete garbage. I really feel like I wasted my time watching that. Not only are the lyrics are unintelligible, but reading them on the wiki just makes me shake my head in shame. Doesn't match up with the humor in the rest of the site. It really turns me off when they make something that is completely made up of in-jokes that only the chaps themselves will get.

I don't understand why anyone would rate this higher than a 1/5. And I'm not trying to be a troll, honestly. Usually 'Powered By the Cheat' things are O.K. but this was just awful. Please tell me what is so funny about pointless random things flying by.. They are really wearing out the 'early flash animator' joke too.

Also, I'd like to point out that although Taranchula came out WAY WAY WAY before dethklok, I have a feeling that a lot of people are going to make that connection and think that the Bros Chaps are ripping them off.

I'd rather they spend their time making a cartoon with coherant jokes than spouting out something like this just to have a consistent weekly update.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:24 pm 

:cheat: was the cutest thing ever. >_<

The toon was also pretty cool. Peacey P and Taranchula are a great combination. I can't wait to see him with Limozeen and Sloshy...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:37 pm 

I want a PbTC that isn't a music video. I wanna hear more Mike voices!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:40 pm 

It was bizarre. Good to see Taranchula do a rap-rock song, but the video was weird. It also wasn't much of a song. Interesting on the return of the rust-and-meat. The Cheat getting himself a pizza trophy was cute, possibly the best thing in the toon.

3/5

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:51 pm 

Best PBTC yet! Peacey P's "Y'all stank" line at the end made me smile so did The Cheat's pizza trophy.

"The next worst word you can couple with the word fan is, you guessed it, the word FICTION."-Strong Bad, "fan club"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:53 pm 

Weird. Very , very weird. It still made me laugh for some reason. And The Cheat's self-awarded trophy was pretty cute.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:09 pm 

Wait, how much? Daaaang!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:13 pm 

I wish I could've given The Cheat some sympathy. Maybe he could've given me some of his Cheatcakes.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:56 pm 

I'm usually into the musical numbers, but this one was a bit lacking on the jokes. 2/5

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:03 pm 

nickshorts wrote:
That was complete garbage. I really feel like I wasted my time watching that. Not only are the lyrics are unintelligible, but reading them on the wiki just makes me shake my head in shame. Doesn't match up with the humor in the rest of the site. It really turns me off when they make something that is completely made up of in-jokes that only the chaps themselves will get.

I don't understand why anyone would rate this higher than a 1/5. And I'm not trying to be a troll, honestly. Usually 'Powered By the Cheat' things are O.K. but this was just awful. Please tell me what is so funny about pointless random things flying by.. They are really wearing out the 'early flash animator' joke too.

Also, I'd like to point out that although Taranchula came out WAY WAY WAY before dethklok, I have a feeling that a lot of people are going to make that connection and think that the Bros Chaps are ripping them off.

I'd rather they spend their time making a cartoon with coherant jokes than spouting out something like this just to have a consistent weekly update.

Ouch.

I'm guessing the reason this exists is because TBC recorded a bad parody of bad rap/metal, and decided to make some PbTC video to go with it. I'd have just put the song up to download instead of make an entire video.

2/5

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:01 pm 

It was kind of meh. It seems like they're just trying to capitalize on their preexisting gimmicks and not make anything new up. PBTC, Taranchula, AND Peacy P were all used here, and this video has almost no humor for people who aren't familiar with them. And even for those who are, it's just a bunch of in-jokes. Self reference was much funnier when it was rare. Such as when Trogdor or Stinkoman would pop up in unexpected places, but now they're getting a little too formulaic. I mostly blame the multitasking with SBCG4AP.

I must admit, though, The Cheat at the end was so adorable! =3

2/5.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:35 pm 

I hate death metal and PBTC. Though, I like Peacy P, so :cheat: :cheat: :cheat: / :cheat: :cheat: :cheat: :cheat: :cheat:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:47 pm 

Good...gravy...what the heck was that?!

:stinko: :stinko: :stinko: / :stinko: :stinko: :stinko: :stinko: :stinko: It did make me laugh though.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:04 pm 

meh.

would have preferred Sbemail 199.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:17 pm 

The Cheat's self-congratulation was great, especially his clapping for the trophy. So cute. As for the rest of it: As usual, I couldn't understand a word Taranchula said (and I've tried, as I transcribed both death metal and your funeral on the wiki), but Peacey P was pretty cool. I always find him funny, even when I have a hard time understanding him.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:40 pm 

I wasn't terribly impressed until The Cheat at the end. The whole sequence. Makes you want to cry, then cheer along with him.

The Cheat's videos have certainly improved, there weren't really weird colors or glitchy artifacts in this video. But overall, I didn't find it terribly appealing. Eh, Peacey P was funny.

SnowyFox wrote:
It seems like they're just trying to capitalize on their preexisting gimmicks and not make anything new up. PBTC, Taranchula, AND Peacy P were all used here, and this video has almost no humor for people who aren't familiar with them.

I think Homestar Runner is reaching a critical point where they've got so much old stuff that they're worried the franchise is already becoming impenetrable. It's a bit of a trap. Either they keep adding to it, and risk alienating their existing fanbase, or they keep rehashing the same old thing, and one again, bore their fanbase away. It's easy to complain, but difficult to suggest a good course of action. The longer something goes on, the more difficult it is to keep it from being self-referential. Anything they could do they've either already done before, or is different from what they've done before in a way that can be paralleled with their old material. It's hard to pass up on self-referential humor. If you do something that has that potential, but don't make the connection, then it seems like you don't even know your own material and gives the impression that you don't even care; you're just trying to make money off of it or whatever. The trick is making it so that it's funny without knowing the reference.

I agree that things have been a little shaky lately. Your Edge in particular is a theme they've covered time and time again. I guess that reflects how much people constantly worry about how things change though...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:37 pm 

Location: In the bountiful Blue Laser Thanksgiving action playset
It deserves a 3/5 if only for the Cheat's ending scene. How adorable can you get? :cheatgrin:

As for the rest of the video, it was much too random to be funny. I think that they couldn't figure out what to do this week, so they dug up an old scrapped song and added some graphics to it. Perhaps that's a bit harsh, but I've never been a fan of Homestar Runner music anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:57 pm 

Even though I'm about the tenth person to say this, The Cheat was sooo cute at the end! As for the rest, I agree it really wasn't exactly anything special.

As for if HSR is going down, I disagree. They've hit some lows before and gotten back on track. I thought hiding was simply hysterical, and then your edge and all the ones since were all somewhat mediocre. However, none of it has been awful, and would get me interested in the site if it were the first thing I saw. Also keep in mind that a lot of their attention is focused on SBCG4AP so they can't be expected to do too much. I think after not too long the hilarity will be restored.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:09 am 

I didn't like the music video, but The Cheat was just... is there a word that hasn't been used here already? Well, just made me go "aaw!". But I'm still a little disappointed that they didn't make a sbemail instead. I mean, they get how many mails a day for those? How can they _not_ have any ideas when the fans keep sending them in? I mean, I know how hard it can be to create a functionating story, but they made it this far. :-(
I hope they'll make a good sbemail or toon next week.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:09 am 

I think a 3 outta 5 is average. I didn't want to vote mediocre because I didn't think it was that bad. Besides I like the weirder stuff on Homestar, it gives the universe more depth.

BTW Telltale needs to put the Cheat's Computer in SBCG4AP.