Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:38 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: strongbad_email.exe Disc Six DVD
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:14 am 

High School Strongbad should definitely be on the cover. And Powered by the Cheat Strong Bad seems like a better choice than Il Cartographer.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:18 pm 

Hey! Check out what's in stores today!

http://homestarrunner.stores.yahoo.net/stbademdv.html

Does this call for a new page?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:18 pm 

Charlie Jr. wrote:
Hey! Check out what's in stores today!

http://homestarrunner.stores.yahoo.net/stbademdv.html

Does this call for a new page?

HOORAY!!!!!! And just in time for Decemberween - I mean, Christmas, no less, too!

No, I don't think it calls for another page; this one will do just fine.

Last edited by CaptainPastHisPrime on Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:18 pm 

To paraphrase Charlie Brown and Sally, we've got another DVD to worry about and we haven't even finished transcribing all the Sbemail Disc 5 commentaries!

The big question for me is which SBCG4AP videos were included? Did they include the individual previews for each episode? Did they include any that simply replay clips from the games we've probably finished already?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:34 pm 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:
To paraphrase Charlie Brown and Sally, we've got another DVD to worry about and we haven't even finished transcribing all the Sbemail Disc 5 commentaries!

(imitating Sally) We haven't finished the Everything Else Volume 3 commentaries!

To borrow a line from Linus (in response to Sally's inviting him to come to Thanksgiving dinner with them and they can hold hands under the table: "Blaaahh!!"

I would try and finish off the commentaries, but I kept getting delayed for it. I have an account with Netflix and I've been trying to get the fifth disc up, but I've been forced to delay it because the people who live with me don't care about SB and they want other things on the queue. I can't do it right now, because we're having company over for Thanksgiving. But maybe after that...

In the meantime, can someone maybe try and wrap them up, so that hopefully I don't have to?

Also, what SBCG4AP cartoons are we talking about?

And I'm still hoping for DVD releases of the 169th email's deleted scene and also the bet-placing quickie for the 200th email.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:48 pm 

CaptainPastHisPrime wrote:
Also, what SBCG4AP cartoons are we talking about?

If necessary, I can say which cartoons I was talking about:
I wrote:
Did they include the individual previews for each episode?

After the end credits of each game, they play an "in the next episode of SBCG4AP" video featuring clips that do not appear in the game itself, but still bear some relevance to the subject. Most notably, the Dangeresque 3 preview includes videos of Dangeresque on the run.
I also wrote:
Did they include any that simply replay clips from the games we've probably finished already?

At least two weeks before a new episode comes out, Telltale releases a cutscene of the game as a sneak preview. This actually happened twice for Homestar Ruiner, and the Dangeresque sneak preview actually comprised of multiple short clips.
And I'm still hoping for DVD releases of the 169th email's deleted scene and also the bet-placing quickie for the 200th email.

What reason is there not to release them on DVD?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:10 am 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:

What reason is there not to release them on DVD?

Well, I guess you're right, but there is only so much space they can use, especially if the content on the first disc was any indication. But it has not been released on the EE DVDs (and neither has "SBEmail 150?!?"), so who knows?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:08 pm 

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the Bros. Chaps made an FBI segment and an introduction closely identical to your versions. And by "wouldn't be a bit surprised," I mean "would be pleased." They might have come up with a bonus email of their own, though.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:35 pm 

Charlie Jr. wrote:
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the Bros. Chaps made an FBI segment and an introduction closely identical to your versions. And by "wouldn't be a bit surprised," I mean "would be pleased." They might have come up with a bonus email of their own, though.

I'd be pleased, too. I'd also be impressed if they used my email idea.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:29 pm 

I think someday they should make a DVD Bonus Email that pokes fun at BD-Live (the seemingly pointless feature that enables people to instant message while watching such movies as WALL-E and Walt Disney's Sleeping Beauty)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:25 pm 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:
I think someday they should make a DVD Bonus Email that pokes fun at BD-Live (the seemingly pointless feature that enables people to instant message while watching such movies as WALL-E and Walt Disney's Sleeping Beauty)

Since we are still unsure as to what will be the bonus email, maybe that will be the email they do. I doubt it, though.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:42 pm 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:

Or one on stupid DVD features or braggings (like interactive menus). I can imagine what Strong Bad'll say for the BD-Live.

:sb: : Oh, and who could forget the BD-Live? Yes, because they know their movie is so boring, that you want to do something else besides watch the movie while having the movie playing. Maybe they'll make another feature with the same function, like playing video games, surfing the internet, or watching an actually good movie.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:56 am 

Maybe the bonus email will be a hremail...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:12 am 

Omnisweater wrote:

Maybe it'll be email 200 from the perspective of Homestar.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:31 am 

Young Roy wrote:
Omnisweater wrote:

Or it may be something else altogether!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:48 pm 

Young Roy wrote:
Omnisweater wrote:

Or it may be something else altogether!

Yeah, totally! Totally yeah!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:35 am 

Does anybody have this yet?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:44 am 

HomsarYAY wrote:
Does anybody have this yet?

Only the people who can't wait until December 25th do. But do you suppose the Thanksgiving break was temporarily halting the deliveries that take at least two days?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:39 pm 

I have it! It's so neat and coolio! And I'm also, apparently, the first person on the HRwiki Forums to have it!!! WHEE!!!!! But, I hate giving spoilers, so I won't tell ANYONE about the DVD except it DOES feature the SBCG4AP Trailer, SB Gameways, that video with the "candy bars" in them, and all that mess! So coolio...gotta go pop it in and watch it again...be right back. [zips away to his DVD player and pulls out a bowl of popcorn with a Strong Bad sticker on it, as you can tell, true and blue Homestar fan...]

For you people that don't have it and have to wait for it "under your Decemberween tree", pray that you will enjoy it as much as I do!

Also, the reason I got it so fast, is because I live in deep west Alabama, and since The Bro. Chaps live in Georgia, I think that there was an easier way to ship it to me instead of having to ship it from Point A to Point Z...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:50 pm 

Mr. Daniel Goss wrote:
I have it! It's so neat and coolio! And I'm also, apparently, the first person on the HRwiki Forums to have it!!! WHEE!!!!! But, I hate giving spoilers, so I won't tell ANYONE about the DVD except it DOES feature the SBCG4AP Trailer, SB Gameways, that video with the "candy bars" in them, and all that mess! So coolio...gotta go pop it in and watch it again...be right back. [zips away to his DVD player and pulls out a bowl of popcorn with a Strong Bad sticker on it, as you can tell, true and blue Homestar fan...]

For you people that don't have it and have to wait for it "under your Decemberween tree", pray that you will enjoy it as much as I do!

Also, the reason I got it so fast, is because I live in deep west Alabama, and since The Bro. Chaps live in Georgia, I think that there was an easier way to ship it to me instead of having to ship it from Point A to Point Z...

It is your duty to tell us who's on the backside.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:58 pm 

Mr. Daniel Goss wrote:

But if you don't tell us what's on there, how can we know what to put on?

Can you at least tell us who is on the back of the cover?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:37 pm 

Mr. Daniel Goss wrote:

Can you tell us what the email is?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:13 pm 

Better yet, can you say that the Bonus Stuff scene is the same one used in the previous five discs? The Cheat in the crisper drawer, Strong Mad saying, "Did you just say bonus stuff?", and all that and all that.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:55 pm 

Look, I know you said that you don't want to give anything away, but can you please do that just this once?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:04 pm 

"All that mess"? Does that include those "in the next episode of SBCG4AP" videos that everyone who hasn't deleted the games probably already has?

The other Strong Bad Game video I think might not be included is Dangeresque Puppet Squad. Sure, they tell you to buy Dangeresque 3 at the end, but unlike the Advertisement and the Videlectrix Guys' video, Dangeresque Puppet Squad does appear elsewhere in the Toon menu. To me, this implies inclusion in the "Everything Else" collection.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:17 am 

Mr. Daniel Goss wrote:

Yeah, and it only took five days.

Post subject: Re: Holy crap!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:39 am 

Crap...all these people want me to go ahead and give them the whole DVD...well, um, I'm going back to JibJab for a while until this clears up... :coachz: :coachz: :coachz: :coachz: :coachz: :coachz: :coachz: :coachz: :coachz: :coachz: :coachz:

Edit by Mr. Daniel Goss: Well, I guess I could take a snapshot of the backside with my digital camera, put the pic on my computer, then upload the image to HRwiki...but, that'll take a while.

Last edited by Mr. Daniel Goss on Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:42 am 

Charlie Jr. wrote:
Better yet, can you say that the Bonus Stuff scene is the same one used in the previous five discs? The Cheat in the crisper drawer, Strong Mad saying, "Did you just say bonus stuff?", and all that and all that.

Yes.

And sorry about the double posting. I noticed the question and had to answer. Um, now back to JibJab...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:59 am 

I doubt that anybody has that DVD yet. Looks pretty much like trolling to me.
Anyway, mine got shipped today. If it takes as long/short as the shirts, I should receive it in two to three weeks. Not living in America is so annoying. :((

Post subject: Re: Holy crap!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:01 am 

Mr. Daniel Goss wrote:
Crap...all these people want me to go ahead and give them the whole DVD...well, um, I'm going back to JibJab for a while until this clears up... :coachz: :coachz: :coachz: :coachz: :coachz: :coachz: :coachz: :coachz: :coachz: :coachz: :coachz:

Edit by Mr. Daniel Goss: Well, I guess I could take a snapshot of the backside with my digital camera, put the pic on my computer, then upload the image to HRwiki...but, that'll take a while.

words now, proof slightly later

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next