Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:08 pm

All times are UTC

How did you like the first ever standalone hremail?
5/5 Field, road AND head trip! 25%  25%  [ 32 ]
4/5 Mmmm... sloppy joeseph 39%  39%  [ 49 ]
3/5 May just be a nightstand (a what?) 25%  25%  [ 31 ]
2/5 A bwellow cwown 7%  7%  [ 9 ]
1/5 Dang it, purple wrench! 4%  4%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 126
 Post subject: Hremail 62
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:01 am 

Wow, a whole cartoon without Strong Bad! And what a doozie. Pretty dang halarious.
"Is that the plural of 'student'? Studentia?"
(Man, Homestar's such an idiot.)

"It dates all the way back to this one time"

"And with that, I am done tickeling my face!"

But the question remains: will there be more hremails? Is the age of sbemail at an end? And what about people e-mailing the KoT? Well, OK, no one would e-mail the KoT.

I can't believe I'm the first to post about this. I guess that's what I get for living on the West Coast and checking H* around 11PM Sunday Night. Ah, just like the old days. Oh, and I'm kind of a newbie at this forum, but I was on this other H* forum one time back around when Trog Dor first came out.

Post subject: Hremail 62
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:43 am 

Thoughts? Comments?

Post subject: Re: Hremail 62
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:53 am 

That was kwazy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:56 am 

I agree. I'm hoping they become a regular feature.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:03 am 

See! TBC always come back.

Yay HRemails!!! Now, I wonder if there really will be any more SBemails. Hmmm....

Post subject: Re: Hremail 62!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:21 am 

It's a hremail! :hr:
(first post btw, making the hiiiiiii sign)

edit:
I'm glad they went with a slightly diffirent formulla instead of the usual sit behind desk thing.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:29 am 

While Homestar's got more grace in answering emails (with a talking computer and his own talk-show-esque studio), Strongbad has better, more thought out answers (Not made up in the last minute like Homestar did). Still craving for Sbemails tho. Also, Arturo is the coolest computer in the Homestariverse.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:33 am 

Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is just dumb. Sadly, this was the case. Too much Homestar is not a good thing. Bubs, Strong Sad and Brellow saved this debarkle.
It was OK, but no heart stopper. At least TBC are back to woik!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:02 am 

I liked it. It wasn't as great as some sbemails, but if they should keep it up, hremails will have plenty of time to improve.
Also, the brellow crayon made me laugh. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:08 am 

I liked it ... it'll be interesting to see how HRemail pans out as far as making it a regular feature.

I think we'll still see sbemails in the future ... but it's good to see TBC back and trying something different to keep things fresh.

(btw, frist pots)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:49 am 

I rather enjoyed it, I think saying that it's not as good as sbemails, and saying there are better sbemails, well you're comparing something essentially brand new to something that's been around for a long time. I think time will tell, but it's a very promising start. That said, I kind of hope they aren't completely retiring sbemails.. but if they are, this is a more than acceptable replacement.

Also:
20X6_chairscoot wrote:
Also, Arturo is the coolest computer in the Homestariverse.

Really (and strangely) Arturo appears to be a Microfiche viewer, not a computer. Very odd stuff indeed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:21 am 

I... kind of... spent the whole time wondering when it was going to get entertaining. I'M A BAD FAN. I didn't dislike it, exactly, it just... didn't make me as happy as most updates to the site do.

I don't think hremails will become a regular feature like Strong Bad Email, just because the name of this toon was Hremail 62 instead of something meaningful.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:13 pm 

In the middle for me. I still miss Strong Bad though. I really hope TBC was kidding when they gave thie ominous hint in the SBMail 200 commentary.

(I am NOT the actual "Weird Al" Yankovic, though I wouldn't complain if I were!)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:31 pm 

Shwoo wrote:
I... kind of... spent the whole time wondering when it was going to get entertaining.
I was doing the same thing, to be honest.

I'm going to come out and say it: I don't think Homestar should be doing emails. This isn't based on the two cartoons we've seen him do them, this is based on five and a half years of watching Homestar Runner. To me, the funniest thing about him has always been "[his] unbelievably loose grasp on the world around [him]", as Strong Bad put it. It just doesn't seem like his emails can capture that. But I really doubt they're going to make this a regular feature and I don't think they meant for this to be a stellar cartoon so much as a "we're not dead yet!", so I guess it served its purpose.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:47 pm 

When I saw this in the Wiki updates, I burst out laughing.

Then I watched it, and I laughed some more.

5/5. ^_^

EDIT: Okay, I'll add a favorite.

Bubs. With his purple wrench. That was pure genius.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:37 pm 

Whoa, that was crazy. I wouldn't mind some more hremails though. I just hope that they feature a few other characters, because it's nearly impossible to keep up with what Homestar is thinking. I liked when Homestar was "tickling his face".

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:07 pm 

I thought it was cute. I especially like the Dinoland thing at the end.

I happen to live near Rochester, actually... Or rather A Rochester, if there's more then one.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:31 pm 

Not gonna lie--I found it hit-or-miss. Not too amused by H*R's word-manglings like "studentia," "ad-vahnce-mon'," and "foundache." However, hits include the little crown on the side of the crayon, and "and with that, I am done tickling my face."

I gave it a 3. I am cautiously optimistic for the future.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:48 pm 

I liked the "brellow crown" part, but that is about all. I may have to start using the line "It dates all the way back to this one time."

Also my first thought when I saw "hremail" was NO Way! I guess I went in not liking it.

Dare frame thy fearful symmetry?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:50 pm 

But what happened to his XO-1 laptop? And--wait a minute--Homestar has _two_ rooms that are television show sets?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:59 pm 

Anyone else notice his mouth has four available positions now, instead of the three mentioned in the Georgia Tech talk? (New one is half-open) I think this is the first time it's been like that, although I'd have to check. I guess they did that because the limitations of three were more noticeable in closeups... maybe this is a sign they plan to do more of these.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:29 pm 

Octan wrote:
Anyone else notice his mouth has four available positions now, instead of the three mentioned in the Georgia Tech talk? (New one is half-open) I think this is the first time it's been like that, although I'd have to check. I guess they did that because the limitations of three were more noticeable in closeups... maybe this is a sign they plan to do more of these.

It first appeared in Coach Z's Hustle For Sports. I think I pointed it out on the forum thread for that toon.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:36 pm 

Proud Anselmo wrote:
But what happened to his XO-1 laptop? And--wait a minute--Homestar has _two_ rooms that are television show sets?

I doubt Homestar would be able to use that one again after Strong Bad poured Mountain Dew on it in sbemail 200.
And it could be the same room, just that they have different props for "The Show", "Homestar Runner's Decemberween Special" and hremails.

Now to the short toon.
I hate to say it, but I didn't like it. When I saw the update on the Wiki, I thought "No way. This must be a joke of some sort.", but it wasn't. And then I was uncomfortable with the change that Homestar read from a printed out paper instead of the computer. That would also mean that he didn't send his response. Well, he could've done it before or afterwards, but it just seemed wrong with me.

But it had it's good moments.
- Bubs and his purple wrench
- Seeing "Congress" Homestar again
- The end with "Homestar Dinoland"

I don't see that there would be more hremails of two reasons: You couldn't click to email Homestar (though it could be because Arturo is not a computer) and the hremails didn't start from #1 (or has not been made public).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:46 pm 

I lol'd pretty hard at Homestar's pronunciation of "cultural advancement", hehe. As a whole, it wasn't drop-dead hilarious, but it was very cute. Honestly I was just glad to be watching -something- after so many weeks without any update.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:57 pm 

I gave it a :trogdor: :trogdor: :trogdor: / :trogdor: :trogdor: :trogdor: :trogdor: :trogdor: .
I don't think the TBC will go on with hremails, if they've already started with 62.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:22 pm 

it was dissapointing, but its kinda what i expected when in saw that the new update is a hremail
Homestar is better at messing up strong bads emails then he is doing his own

I hope Strong Bad steals the Arturo and replaces the Lappy with it (sorry lappy) That think is freggin sweet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:40 pm 

What the pfargtl?! You mean they actually updated the website after so dang long?!?!?!? Well, it's about time!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:03 pm 

Meh, i didn't really like it that much 2/5. Also i find it interesting that so many people signed up just to post here.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:09 pm 

Kirbythebanshee wrote:
it was dissapointing, but its kinda what i expected when in saw that the new update is a hremail
Homestar is better at messing up strong bads emails then he is doing his own

I hope Strong Bad steals the Arturo and replaces the Lappy with it (sorry lappy) That think is freggin sweet

Random thought, but I wonder if the TBC will use hremail as a story arc to bring back sbemail. Do the hremail thing for a couple weeks until Strong Bad plots to get his spotlight back.

EDIT: And someone should email Homestar and ask him how he types with no hands.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:17 pm 

It was pretty much what I expected from a hremail. It was just about the amount of nonsense and randomness that you would think would come from an email by Homestarrunner. There were a few funny parts, like the bubs part, and the "Brellow Crown" drawings, but I still would rather these didnt become a common thing, and that sbemails will return soon. I see some kind of a sbemail hremail mega-confrontation in the future, perhaps resulting in the death of the of the sbemail as we know it...
:hr: :hr: :hr: / :hr: :hr: :hr: :hr: :hr:

edit: now after thinking about it a little more, I realize that if tbc WANTED to show their viewers that they were not dead yet, then they could have come straight out with a sbemail. but, instead they did a hremail, and i can pretty much guarantee that hremails won't last, because of all of the points made previously by everyone else, so we can conclude that this hremail thing WILL probably arc into a big sbemail hremail plot (similar, perhaps to dna evidence?). though, im not sure if i can manage several more hremails. not that this was horrible, but sbemails are oh so much more entertaining.