Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

How did you like the first ever standalone hremail?
5/5 Field, road AND head trip! 25%  25%  [ 32 ]
4/5 Mmmm... sloppy joeseph 39%  39%  [ 49 ]
3/5 May just be a nightstand (a what?) 25%  25%  [ 31 ]
2/5 A bwellow cwown 7%  7%  [ 9 ]
1/5 Dang it, purple wrench! 4%  4%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 126
 Post subject: Re: Hremail 62
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:13 am 

:hr: :hr: :hr: :hr: :hr: FIVE HOMESTARS!

-SgtRufufuEmails

HREMAILS ALL THE WAY!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:20 am 

I thought it was awesome. Even though it was still e-mail based, it was a nice change of pace from the usual Sbemail. In fact, I liked this toon better than Sbemail 200. I just hope it doesn't become another redundant feature on the site. Yeah, I'm one of those that started to grow tired of the way too frequent Sbemails. That's not to say I don't want Sbemail or Hremail to be regular features. Just, a few times a year works. Give other features and random toons some breathing room. You know, no more of this Sbemail, Sbemail, Sbemail, New Short, Sbemail, Sbemail, Teen Girl Squad, Sbemail Sbemail Sbemail Sbemail Sbemail Sbemail Sbemail, Obligatory Holiday Toon w/ Random Short on the Side, Sbemail, Sbemail, etc..

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:23 am 

CaptainPastHisPrime wrote:
Son wrote:
I emailed Homestar Runner. I never got any kind of response, auto or not. Doesn't sbemails (and didn't hremail around the time of sbemail200) have an autoresponse?

Sbemails, yes, but Hremails, no.

The Wiki clearly says that there used to be a Hremail auto-response.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:25 am 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:
The Wiki clearly says that there used to be a Hremail auto-response.

Well, I don't remember that, at least not in EMAIL THUNDER.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:49 am 

There was a reply at first. Homestar sent an automessage that talked about how his inbox was overflowing with emails and now his basement was flooded and her needed some towels, or something.

Re: optimism, TBC have gone in all sorts of different directions in the past, and even the unusual stuff has worked. This is new, so it'll take some time to get used to (recurring feature or no). But I think they've earned the benefit of the doubt.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:51 am 

(I posted this at the same time as Ole97Dan)
Look what I found while rummaging through my email inbox!

Quote:
Re: Checking‏
Sent: Tuesday, 23 September 2008 10:51:12 PM
To: clanker[underscore]the[underscore]discworld[underscore]fanatic[at]hotmail.com

Subject: My Inbox Runneth Ova!

Oh, hello everyone! For some unknown reason I'm getting this big cavalcanche of emails all of the sudden. They're filling up the basement and I'm running out of paper towels!

Just sit tight and hremails will be back to normal before you know it.

And thanks again to everyone who participated in Bacon Pretend Week! Ron Staple you are a GENIUS!

Okay bye,
Homestar Runner
-------- Original Message --------

>
> Hello Homestar
> I noticed that this email address ended in "homestarrunner.com"=2C so I'm c=
> hecking to see if it's a real email address.
> Best of luck in all your fictional endeavours
> Shwoo
>

I don't know how those random letters got there in my original message, but yes, there was an autoreply.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:39 am 

That bit with colonial Homestar probably made up for whatever shortcomings this toon may have had, the entire month going without updates, and at least half of an unsatisfactory sbemail. "And with that, I am done tickling my face! ... Ah, crap."

Also brellow is my new favourite colour.

... wait, brellow is brown and yellow. And I have stated repeatedly that brown-yellow is my least favourite colour.

;_;

Huge props to Micheal for the sweet avatar! B-)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:36 am 

I thought this was pretty hilarious in many places... but I think that, like toons featuring Homsar or Senor Cardgage, it's the sort of thing that's good in small amounts... If this becomes a regular weekly feature, I can see it getting old fast. But if this is a one-off, or rarely-updated series (like TGS), then I can see it being hilarious.

Shwoo wrote:
I don't know how those random letters got there in my original message, but yes, there was an autoreply.

Obscure technical reasons.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:25 am 

It was great! I loved it!
Yeah, OK, whatever...surely nobody really thinks this is the end of SBEmails and the beginning of HREmails!
Although, if that were the case (but there's a 99.9% chance that it's not), I wouldn't mind all that much, but I would expect SB to appear regularly in them, or get another regular segment!
But yeah, it's doubtful.

I wonder what Marzipan would rename the Brellow crown?
"And they're made from 100% pressed bunson, so they double as a healthy snack!"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:51 am 

Shwoo wrote:
I... kind of... spent the whole time wondering when it was going to get entertaining. I'M A BAD FAN. I didn't dislike it, exactly, it just... didn't make me as happy as most updates to the site do.

I felt kind of the same way, though reflecting on it since, it seems funnier than it did when I first saw it.

Incidentally, in the "stupid coincidences" folder, I just visited the Hong Kong Heritage Museum on Thursday, and it's chock full of culture and stuff. Maybe Homestar should go there to learn how to do a real cultural museum.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:56 am 

Location: I was in the washer. But I washed up,I guess.......
i agree and disagree. hremails are awesome, but they could go in order.
SidGarcia wrote:
Proud Anselmo wrote:
But what happened to his XO-1 laptop? And--wait a minute--Homestar has _two_ rooms that are television show sets?

I don't see that there would be more hremails of two reasons: You couldn't click to email Homestar (though it could be because Arturo is not a computer) and the hremails didn't start from #1 (or has not been made public).

"it probably could...."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:41 pm 

I sent Homestar an email. I wonder if it will actually work. :mrgreen:

This cartoon was pretty funny! :cheatgrin: :cheatgrin: :cheatgrin: :cheatgrin: :cheat: (4/5)

-Bubs, MAM 15.2 (a quote that pretty much expresses how desperate I am with you know what!)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:11 pm 

miyomiyo wrote:
I have to agree with what Strong Bad said in "the facts" that a show about Homestar would be terrible.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that one was about Strong Mad, not Homestar.

Also, I'm pretty sure the show is already about Homestar: http://www.hrwiki.org/index.php/Homestar_Runner_%28body_of_work%29

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:19 pm 

/\
_
/
/
/
This guy
LOL

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:39 pm 

A good idea, but wasted. HREmails have more potential as specials, but this one almost disproved it. Just a bit too boring.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:20 pm 

I went in thinking this could be pretty good, but it wasn't.
Wishin' there was a "0 - This was sloppy, Joseph" or "0 - Bechieve to Alieve they could do better"
-gkc2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:00 pm 

just watch it a few times it'll start to grow on you little by little.
And lets just wait and see guys, it's tbc's choise. If they do go for hremails, just give it some time.
Also maybe they just wanna represent Homestars random personality by picking a number like 62...the next one (if that happends) might be something completly diffirent.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:12 pm 

I can't believe you guys liked this crap, this was a more emberassing show by The Brothers Chaps than the time they decided to do puppet stuff, 0/5, they really need to do one of two things, make better toons, or retire, I'm good either way

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:39 pm 

Man, High Skool Artist, which toons do you like?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:48 pm 

Is Strong Bad dead or something?! I mean, he's in EVERY cartoon except the KOT one! OMG!!!! A 'toon without him is insane!

Okay, that is what a devoted fan of SBmails would say. Now, a devoted fan to what-should-be-done, like me, would say this: I really liked it! No more SBmails would be fine for me! I'd rather this go on AND SBmails to conclude, but that may not happen. Look at all the signs TBC are pointing out! :coachz:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:03 pm 

I can't believe that some of you seriously think they're going to continue Hremails. Can't you take a joke?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:56 pm 

Personally, I don't think this was a good hremail. Sure, it was spot-on Homestar humor (including the "bwellow" crayon, one of the few parts that made me lol), but at the same time, it just doesn't have the same quality as sbemails do. Not to mention, I couldn't understand half the stuff Homestar was saying. Seriously. If they expect hremails to continue, Homestar's speech needs to either be better understandable or subtitled.
At least this means that TBC have not just vanished into Hammerspace, never to return. They DO intend to keep adding new things. I just hope they resume sbemails soon.

My rating: :hr: :hr: (?) / :homsar: (about two and someteen-hundredths Homestars out of a Homsar, or 2-pernt-someteen out of 5.)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:03 pm 

I actually really enjoyed this one. Huh.
But yeah, I wouldn't worry about later ones, guys.
Maybe 1 or 2 other ones for like a special or something. I doubt it'll
be a series.
3/5

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:29 pm 

Well, it looks like I'm going to be one of those people who finally signed up so that I could comment in this thread. ;)

I loved HRemail 62! It's not the best toon ever, but it's worth a good 4 out of 5 bejazzled stars. Homestar is easily my favorite character, and, personally, I've always thought that he doesn't appear often enough. For me, a toon without Homestar is like pizza without sauce (except for Teen Girl Squad, of course). So I'd like to see more HRemails, and I hope TBC have some in store.

Of course, Homestar is at his best when he's flummoxing Strong Bad. So I like the idea that others have mentioned of a SBemail/HRemail showdown. Seriously, everything Homestar says is comedic gold.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:36 pm 

Heh, heh, brellow....

I think they should make more and do sbmails, so some people that don't like hrmails can watch sbmails and people that don't like sbmails can watch hrmails and people who hate both should be roundhouse kicked by Chuck Norris or just leave the freakin' site.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:42 pm 

High Skool Artist wrote:
I can't believe you guys liked this crap, this was a more emberassing show by The Brothers Chaps than the time they decided to do puppet stuff, 0/5, they really need to do one of two things, make better toons, or retire, I'm good either way

If you don't like it stop watching the site and visiting the HRWIKI Forum. It's obviously a waste of your time.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:57 pm 

High Skool Artist wrote:
I can't believe you guys liked this crap, this was a more embarrassing show by The Brothers Chaps than the time they decided to do puppet stuff, 0/5, they really need to do one of two things, make better toons, or retire, I'm good either way

What's wrong with Puppet Stuff? They don't do it often and you're having a go at someone for doing something different. To be honest, if people didn't try new things, we wouldn't be where we are today. Fair enough homestarrunner.com isn't a living tangible thing, but it evolves, and who knows if it's a step in a new direction, a special, something to antagonise part of the fanbase or just generally to follow up on an idea.

That's not to say that this was "bad" as many of you have said, and I'm pretty sure that The Brothers Chaps didn't intend for the content to be considered as such. They're just some guys, doing something that they enjoy, and they're pretty hilarious. I think it's good that they tried something new, and as I've said, I'll continue watching no matter what they do, because it's entertaining!

(Apologies for any errors or anything, I'm a bit tired.)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:02 am 

I thought this was pretty good. Unlike all you whiners, I understood Homestar perfectly. 4/5!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:18 am 

NOOOOOO!!!

The end of sbemails is coming!!! :-(

And... hremails... while funny... okay, I gotta admit, it is a nice refresher to see stupid replacing smart-aleck, but I REALLY hope hremails and sbemails can coexist.

And, just once, I'd like to see a single ssemail, or :sad:email.

C'mon, TBC! Aknowlege :sad:'s existance again!

Or at least promise no more than 20 :hr:emails.

BTW, does anyone else find :sad:'s comment "...You're the only one who knows what really happened..." suspicious?

Fav. quote: Like everybody, everybody else: :bubs: "Dang it, purple wrench!"

"Wait a second... This isn't Heaven!!! AUUUUGGGGGGGGGHH!!!"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:33 am 

Groovy Dudette wrote:
High Skool Artist wrote:

If you don't like it stop watching the site and visiting the HRWIKI Forum. It's obviously a waste of your time.

EXACTLY. I AGREE LOTS. (Sorry for all caps, that post REALLY made no sense.)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next