Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

How did you like the first ever standalone hremail?
5/5 Field, road AND head trip! 25%  25%  [ 32 ]
4/5 Mmmm... sloppy joeseph 39%  39%  [ 49 ]
3/5 May just be a nightstand (a what?) 25%  25%  [ 31 ]
2/5 A bwellow cwown 7%  7%  [ 9 ]
1/5 Dang it, purple wrench! 4%  4%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 126
 Post subject: Re: Hremail 62
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:58 am 

Now, I realize I'm going to catch much heck for this, but I wouldn't mind if the SBEmails came to an end. I think that one ran its course pretty much.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:27 am 

CaptainPastHisPrime wrote:
Now, I realize I'm going to catch much heck for this, but I wouldn't mind if the SBEmails came to an end. I think that one ran its course pretty much.

Nah, I won't give ya heck for that. But that doesn't necessarily mean I agree either. :p :sb:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:11 pm 

Strongstar Runbad’s Rate-It-Don’t-Hate-It-O-Tron™ 3000: Image

"Hremail 62" had its moments. While they were too spread out to make something fantastic, they were still good moments.

And when I saw the name of the microfiche reader I got a laugh: My friend's name is Arturo. We just call him Art.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:41 pm 

Woot! I like Strong Bad tons, but I've been waiting for Homestar to take back his site for years.

I loved the "supreme emperor" bit.

Doesn't sound like he's calling a crayon a crown. Sounds more like Cwa'on.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:51 pm 

Well... it was lame.

I think that TBC were really showing us WHY hremails just wouldn't work.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:50 pm 

Regardless of where they take the series next, I've got to admit that this one was very funny. Homestar's absurdist humor falls a little flat sometimes, but I loved Hremail 62. It was great new take on the fan mail cartoon, and I was impressed. Who knows whether it will work as a long-term cartoon? I guess we'll have to see.

I do, however, miss Strong Bad and the Lappy. The intro song, the name/grammar bashing. Good stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:50 pm 

Hremails would be funny if they were just random toons every now and then and not in any order. Like Hremail 122... then Hremail 475... lol

This one was pretty good, but not great. I did laugh pretty hard though at the end.

... and yeah I can see this leading up, over a period of weeks/months to strong bad taking back his e-mail show. After a long break.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:00 pm 

You know, I didn't mind this all that much. As it's probably been said before, I see it as a way of TBC saying "We're here, we're here, we're here, we're here!!"

I do hope SB returns and takes back his email-checking throne, though. I miss his brusque-yet-absotively-hilarious methodology!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:00 pm 

The Brellow crayon cracked me up.

Five Senor Cardgage out of five.

:senor: :senor: :senor: :senor: :senor: / :senor: :senor: :senor: :senor: :senor:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:12 am 

Has anyone sent Homestar an e-mail? I already sent him 2. :p

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:28 am 

I'm calling it now!

Next season of Tellgame's Espoidic games will be focused on Homestar Runner's Hrmails.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:15 am 

Silent wrote:
I'm calling it now!

Next season of Tellgame's Espoidic games will be focused on Homestar Runner's Hrmails.

Then I'll go ahead and call this now: You'll be proven wrong. Sorry, but they've made all of two-and-a-quarter of the things, and not even successive installments at that—they made 24 and 49 and then 62. It's just a nice little random dealie-o.

Sometimes I do like raining on the parade. ;) Mi dispiace.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:28 pm 

Y'know, When I first saw this notice on the site, I wanted to smack myself silly but soon watched it. However, when I found out this was a short and not another email show, I was relieved.

That being said, it was a good hremail. While Homestar does an okay jorb, Strong Bad has more potential. I'm still really upset that they're getting rid of sbemails. I rather want this to be a special rather than a weekly thing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:34 pm 

To be honest, I don't mind if it's been more than four months since the 200th sbemail came out. And furthermore, I believe Strong Bad's voice has been heard waaaaaaay more than every other character's has been. In other words, his voice has been the most provided of all. Just something I thought I'd mention.

You gotta admit, Homestar's 3rd "A WHAT?" is a riot - the tone is both humorous and serious.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:51 pm 

Wow, I haven't posted in a long, long time...I don't recognize anybody's names!

CaptainPastHisPrime wrote:

I did feel they were on a bit of a downhill. I was sorta hoping they'd just slow down to like once a month (sort of were) and concentrate on more of the original jokes, rather than the ones that refer to other stuff.

As with the HREmail, kinda meh in my opinion, I rate it 2/5. My favorite part was seeing the broellow crayon. Then again this is also on par with some of the recent SBemails. Quite honestly while they haven't been as funny in recent times, I still loyally come back to homestarrunner.com to watch stuff less so because of it being funny and more so for it being fun. Where I come from it's all snowy and cold, all this personal drama and crap...I just enjoy seeing it in a nice sunny surreal cartoon world where familiar characters can do random things.
I trust TBC to come up with fun stuff no matter what, and I'm a Homestarrunner.com fan for life!

Side note...did anybody else notice the changed "new stuff" button? I've been learning to use my mouse left-handed and thus am not so precise, so an irritation was struggling to move it over, wanting to click on "new SBEmail" and then the button switching to SBCG4AP right before I clicked. Now I left the pointer over the button for at least 5 seconds, and the text didn't change. I moved it off, waited for it to change, and tried again. Methink it's a nice feature.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:11 pm 

yellowkirby wrote:
Well... it was lame.

I think that TBC were really showing us WHY hremails just wouldn't work.

That may be so, but I'll admit it wasn't quite as bad as I thought it was when I first saw it. I was able to appreciate the stuff like the arrow on his desk, and Bubs's "Dangit, purple wrench!" And admittedly, two hundred sbemails really does seem like a good place to stop. My question is, what will they do now that there aren't regular updates? Maybe a couple more Answering Machines? Some Cheat Commandos? Heck, even a Strong Bad rant in place of an email ("what the crap happened to all my cartoons?!") ... My bet is, though, that they're putting all their work into SBCG4AP. Which I haven't played yet, and may need to if I really need a H*R fix sometime this month or the next.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:25 pm 

How can they do Cheat Commandos when Gunhaver had to go on a secret mission to the moon for an undisclosed period of time? I don't hate A. Chimendez, but I fear overexposure will render him bland like it has the Drive-Thru Whale.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:54 pm 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:
How can they do Cheat Commandos when Gunhaver had to go on a secret mission to the moon for an undisclosed period of time? I don't hate A. Chimendez, but I fear overexposure will render him bland like it has the Drive-Thru Whale.

Wrong thread, man. ^_^

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:02 pm 

Well, it was in reply to this post:
theBrynn wrote:
My question is, what will they do now that there aren't regular updates? Maybe a couple more Answering Machines? Some Cheat Commandos? Heck, even a Strong Bad rant in place of an email

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:03 pm 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:
How can they do Cheat Commandos when Gunhaver had to go on a secret mission to the moon for an undisclosed period of time?
Man, remember how back in 2007 Homestar got stuck in the Horrible Painting for all of eternity? It sure does suck that the title character of the site hasn't appeared for over a year. I wish
Quote:
I don't hate A. Chimendez, but I fear overexposure will render him bland like it has the Drive-Thru Whale.
Personally I agree with you here, but considering all the people here going "MOAR HOMSAR" I don't think that argument's going to convince a lot of people.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:22 am 

I think TBC are just trying to keep things fresh. People often complain when they do something new or different, but I'd rather see them mix it up a bit than try to do the same thing over and over until they get totally burned out.

I really don't know if it's the end of sbemails, and I don't know if they will do another hremail. I definitely think they've considered putting the sbemails aside and doing something different for awhile, but who knows. I thinkt he fact that the e-mail address at the end is not clickable is a good indicator that they are not planning to do it on a super regular basis.

The hiatus, I'm sure, was because of the sbcg4ap thing, that and they always take a vacation after decemberween. I'm looking forward to monday, and hopefully they'll have something then.

I have to say I actually enjoyed this hremail more than I did sbemail200, which I was disappointed by. People will probably go "wha-HUH???" at that, but sbemail200 bothered me for a couple of reasons:

1 - It wasn't actually a sbemail. It was a "misdelivered" hremail. Yes, it focused on Strong Bad interfering with Homestar's email, but it was still not an e-mail written to Strong Bad.

2 - It (and you're going to have to give me some leeway on this one) didn't make sense. Yeah, yeah, I know, it's a cartoon, etc etc... But (a) the poopsmith sings? wtf? (b) the old paper came back?? And the whole thing just sort of felt like an alternate reality sbemail, where nothing was quite right. Eh, I dunno. Maybe I'm over thinking it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:33 am 

You know, no matter what The Brothers Chaps do, there will be those who love it and those who hate it. I don't think there has ever been a Homestar Runner cartoon that everybody loved. However, I don't think there has ever been a Homestar Runner cartoon that everybody hates either. Feel free to prove me wrong, though.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:16 am 

Charlie Jr. wrote:
You gotta admit, Homestar's 3rd "A WHAT?" is a riot - the tone is both humorous and serious.

Not here. I thought it was dragging on.

In any case, I see some people saying that they should dump hremail and jump back onto sbemail because sbemail is better than hremail. I'd rather see different toons. I could take lots more Cheat Commandos (though the Agent Chimendez thing makes it a little odd). Maybe a Made by The Cheat series.

I've been watching Homestarrunner.com since 2002.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:02 pm 

HomestarWinner wrote:
You know, no matter what The Brothers Chaps do, there will be those who love it and those who hate it.

I was getting ready to post a message saying exactly that. There are lots of toons on H*R that fall flat for me, but there are tons that make me laugh hysterically and which I watch over and over. Arguing over whether a particular toon was good or not is stupid because it's all subjective. The reason I finally signed up on the forum was to defend HRemails against all the haters.

It would be more interesting and productive to discuss individual gags that we enjoyed about a specific toon. In this one, the mug labeled "Soup, not coffee" cracks me up more and more each time I watch it. The collision of Homestar and Strong Sad with their respective crayons brings to mind the old Reese's Peanut Butter Cups commercials. Even though the joke is telegraphed, it's still priceless. And "the sun with a 'fro" makes me laugh just thinking about it.

"Variety is the spice of life", as they say, and I'm happy to see The Brothers Chaps mixing it up. None of us will like every single toon, but obviously we're all fans because there are a lot more hits than misses.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:19 am 

Have you noticed that Hremail 62 is only in the "new stuff" list, but hasn't made it onto either "Big Toons" or "Shorts?" Perhaps TBC are planning on making it a regular feature eventually, worthy of its own menu? Or maybe an oversight?

What you think?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:00 am 

(After a while not even checking the forum, what can I say, about a month is a long time to go without a release)

It was good, but not great, I doubt it will actually replace the SBemails, but it could be something that will make it where TBC can take a break from the repetitive nature of the SBemails and focus more on the other characters. That and they can wait longer (in terms of time, not toons) to replace the Lappy.

I'm overall pleased with the first toon of this year...but miss Strong Bad.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:01 pm 

What if this is just the start of something new: EVERY character answering fan e-mails?
:sad: Ssemails, :sm: Smemails, :kot: Kotmails, :cheat: tehc-mails, :coachz: Coach-z-mails, :marzi: marzipan's totally organic 100% recycled paper printed with soy ink... mails, the list goes on.

I would like to see some cartoons featuring more of the other characters. Like maybe Bubs, that guy's got stuff goin' on. :bubs:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:12 am 

B0Boman wrote:
What if this is just the start of something new: EVERY character answering fan e-mails?
:sad: Ssemails, :sm: Smemails, :kot: Kotmails, :cheat: tehc-mails, :coachz: Coach-z-mails, :marzi: marzipan's totally organic 100% recycled paper printed with soy ink... mails, the list goes on.

I would like to see some cartoons featuring more of the other characters. Like maybe Bubs, that guy's got stuff goin' on. :bubs:

No one e-mails the King of Town, besides, his computer is busted. And Marzipan doesn't need e-mails, she's got her answering machine.

Bubs can't have his own e-mail show, or at least I don't think he should, seeing as he's the lone Internet supplier of the place. Sending him e-mails is like willingly giving them a reason to Spamvertise you!

Last edited by Phlip on Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Removed inappropriate language

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:17 am 

B0Boman wrote:

RE: KOTmails
It's been said before (jokingly) that nobody wants to e-mail the King of Town.
EDIT: :sad: Someone beat me to this joke. BUT, he had that toaster lappy in SBCG4AP, so not technically busted...

I know that my girlfriend would love more toons involving him, as she really likes him. I wouldn't mind more KOT, or the Cheat, or SM or SS, or Homsar toons (or toons featuring them at least) but not e-mails answered by them.

The Cheat already has Powered By The Cheat and Marzipan has her answering machine thing, so something new by them would be not so much unlikely, more improbable.

P.S. Hope everyone is well. Happy February!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:07 am 

Location: In the bountiful Blue Laser Thanksgiving action playset
At first, I thought this hremail was trying too hard to be funny and fell flat, but after five views or so its strange sense of humor is beginning to grow on me. (Either that, or I'm becoming slaphappy from being tired :p ).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next