Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

How old are your shoes good was this toon?
5/5 Impenetrable wall of defence 38%  38%  [ 43 ]
4/5 Rubber bands for laces 44%  44%  [ 49 ]
3/5 Paperclips keeping the tongue from falling apart 12%  12%  [ 13 ]
2/5 Cow clips? 4%  4%  [ 5 ]
1/5 You mean the whole last season was a dream? 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 112
 Post subject: Re: Hremail 2000!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:10 pm 

Stormcrow wrote:
There's a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why we're seeing these hremails, and I'm surprised no one has suggested it yet. Matt's throat got so sore doing Strong Bad for SBCGAP that he needed to do some easier characters for a while.

I think if his throat was going to get sore for an extended period of time from doing too much Strong Bad, it would have happened a long time ago. I mean... eight years, guys.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:13 pm 

mr_josh wrote:

It said:

Homestar Runner wrote:
Oh dango Josh! I answered your email on some website! Here it goes now!

http://www.homestarrunner.com/hremail2000.html

-H*R

After the dry spell last month, I haven't been checking in on Mondays like I used to, who knows how long it would have been before I saw it (probably not long, actually...)

Wow mr_josh. That is way awesome. Just think, you're one out of, what, 3 people in the world to have their email answered by Homestar? Seriously, not everyone can say that. :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:02 pm 

I kinda liked this one better then the previous Hremail, since it was more amusing. My favorite parts were:

-The Cowclips
-Homestar's puppet show (especially with the third "puppet" coming out from behind the couch)
-The easter eggs (Homestar VS Shadow Homestar and Strong Bad's *ahem!* new boots)

I doubt this will be a whole series, though it's nice to see them doing more toons after a long hiatus.

(well, it felt long to me, anyway.)

:hr: :hr: :hr: :hr: out of :hr: :hr: :hr: :hr: :hr:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:04 pm 

Once again, I loved this! At first I thought HRemail 62 was better, but after a couple more viewings of HRemail 2000, I like them both the same. I give this one 4 cow clips out of 5.

I loved the little voice Homestar uses to read the email, like he's doing his own version of making fun of the writer. And the words "This Guy" on the desk seemed even funnier this week, for some reason.

Oh, and of course, the video game Easter egg was priceless.

Like someone else already commented, I think The Brothers Chaps are building up to something. I can hardly wait! In the meantime, I'm enjoying seeing more of my favorite character.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:05 pm 

Location: Somewhere, Far Away From The Rainbow... A.K.A. England
Better than last weeks!
The 'My Girlfriend thinks' bit had me in stitches (I fell off my chair and cracked my head open, you see) (not really)
The 'Shodow Homestar' thing reminded me of what an annoying character 'Shadow Link' is in Zelda.
I think hremails are really finding their footing now, and I hope they become a proper series.

'I still don't understand women, but I think when they yell 'HAAIII' it means they like the dress they're wearing.'

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:44 pm 

Location: In the bountiful Blue Laser Thanksgiving action playset
I wasn't a big fan of Hremail 69, but this one was dramatically imporved. The old guy witha blue Miata bit made me laugh out loud- that's exactly what my dad's friend did!

Am I the only one who thinks that Homestar has adopted Strong Bad's sense of humor? The "my girlfriend thinks" bit totally sounds like something he would say...

4/5'd!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:48 pm 

I was pleasantly surprised; this week's Hremail has moved a full two points up from last week's, going from a 2/5 to a 4/5 in 40 seconds flat or your money back!

Anyway, I'm under the impression that Homestar's coffee mug is his version of the floppy disk container, but that could just be me. It was quite an enjoyable toon.

Favorite quote from latest toon: What latest toon?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:03 pm 

It sure was funny. But those guys have guts... I bet they'll be swimming in complain emails about that "my girlfriend thinks" joke (which was the best part of it). You know, because of that false emancipation that ate sitcoms and ungendered writing.
And that part with Strong Sad's feet will probably shock some kids. :mrgreen:
4/5

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:07 pm 

Interesting angle, Stormcrow. I might even agree with you on that. It's no secret that Matt's SB-voice is hard on the throat!
There was a ton of dialogue spoken by SB in SBCG4AP...a ton. Especially if you kept the hints on "High!" - which I did, so's not to miss any o' them words that people say, like, in the game!

I completely agree that Matt and Mike are building up to something...no use to even speculate what yet...they obviously proved us wrong this week!
I dig the HREmails. This one had me cracking up the whole time...

It must be fun for them, reading our pathetic little theories on this and that...and then blowing them out of the water (or not...)!
I know I would do it, if the shoe (Strong Mad size) was on the other foot.

Bye, y'all!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:35 pm 

Location: Some country nobody cares about near Belgium. Aka Many countries near Belgium
Better'n 62, but not their best work. Loved the easter egg with the street fighter thing, but I never liked the way SB runs with boots like the soolnds or those flashy ones back in the compy era. Also, I really would prefer it if homestar would read the Hremails from Arturo, instead of from little sheets of paper.
Ne'er mind, eh?

"Sid Hoffmann, or Sid Frenchman?" "Homestar, this is the dumbest game i've ever played" "Oh, come on! You're just bein' sore 'cause you're losin'" "Ok, i'll go with Sid Hoffmann." "Sid HoffFrenchman. Sorry, you lose, I said Sid Frenchman."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:40 pm 

Way better than last week's. 4 out of 5.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:55 pm 

I just sent e-mails to both Homestar and Strong Bad, you know, just in case. Different of course. The one for Strong bad was my fail attempt at suggesting a scenario which pretty much all of you will have done and therefore I'll have no chance as mine is nothing special.

The one for Homestar is a more serious question, but I still believe he could get some laughs out of it as well as helping me out.

Either way I'm not going to get on the site. Back to my fail fanart. *sigh*

(Unrelated: does anyone know if editing a picture so it maintains the feel of something but only using the bare bones and then making it my own is a breach of copyright? I've been working really hard on a picture, which I'll probably have as my desktop for around 5 seconds and then just leave it. Sigh. I'm really lacking energy lately :sad:)

Hope everyone's well.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:11 pm 

That was much funnier than Hremail 62. The way they're trying to lead their fans on makes it even funnier. In case some of you can't catch the obvious, it's extremely unlikely Hremails are actually going to be a feature. Next to impossible.

"You mean the whole last season was a dream?! Gimme a break! They shoulda just had babies, and then the babies shoulda gotten married." and the giant shoe parts were really funny.

Also, I too will call them cow clips.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:24 pm 

I hate to play strong sad here, but they are called Banker's clips, irronically I had this exact conversation with a friend on saturday and looked it up.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:35 pm 

captainpizza wrote:
I hate to play strong sad here, but they are called Banker's clips, irronically I had this exact conversation with a friend on saturday and looked it up.

I always thought they were called Bulldog clips.

Nevermind.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:38 pm 

I miss Strong Bad...
Another hremail makes me miss him more. He's way funnier than Homestar!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:56 pm 

I dunno bout you guys... but I found it laugh out loud funny! haha. The next one should be hremail -21. haha.

Like homestar is answering hremails before he even has begun answering hremails. Don't ask me how that'd work. lol. Maybe in his sleep?

I see this winding up back at Strong Bad... one day.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:57 pm 

Phlip wrote:
I would totally play that Homestar fighting game if Videlectrix were to make it for reals...
Homestar Fighter VII? :-D

Well, this was a slightly better hremail than the last one. It doesn't seem like it'll become an actual feature, but even as a side toons series, it's pretty cool. I give it three Homestars, a Homsar, and a Size Strong Mad smilie. :hr: :hr: :hr: :homsar: :sm: / :hr: :hr: :hr: :hr: :hr: Which rounds up to four out of five Homestars.

As for the random hremail number... Homestar probably can't even count to purple. Or bwellow, as shown in hremail 62. What makes you think he can count in consecutive hremail numbers?

You know, I am sewiously ;) thinking of sending an email to Homestar. Let me try and think of what to say in it...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:12 pm 

WackoMcGoose wrote:
Homestar Fighter VII? :-D

More like Street Masher III. Am I right?

Anyway, it seems Homestar likes to answer longer, more gramatically correct e-mails, so you'd be in better luck if you send one of those.

Favorite quote from latest toon: What latest toon?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:17 pm 

mr_josh wrote:

So imagine my surprise when I found my question addressed today! There's nothing stranger than seeing an email from Homestar Runner in your inbox.

Anyway, I was kind of disheartened at the apparent discontinuation of the SBEmail empire, but over the last week or two I've had a chance to watch the first HREmail episode a few times and came to like it a lot. And now that my email has been answered, of course, I think it's the greatest thing ever and the entire site should revolve around it. :) jk jk

But anyway, cool community here, I look forward to reading more HREmail discussion.

Congrats, Mr. almost-equivalent-of-Abdi Larue, or however you spell that

---

I think we're gonna get a couple hremails, and in a pseudo-DNA Evidence thing, SB is gonna challenge Homestar to a duel to the email death. Whoever loses has to cancel their email show. And we, the viewer, get to vote on who should stay and who should go.

Y'know, that would be pretty awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:18 pm 

Yeah, this one was definitely better than the previous installments. Though the whole "read the email in a strange version of your own voice" thing is kind of... odd. Then there was the "size Strong Mad" shoes. That was cute.
The part with the puppets was pretty funny.

"They shoulda just had babies, and then the babies shoulda gotten married." Thanks to that line, I'm starting to wonder if Marzipan watches Soaps.

The Easter eggs were pretty funny, too. I liked Strong Bad trying to walk in soolnds(I think I spelled that right).

Overall, it was a 4/5. It might be a while before these things get a 5/5 from me.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:44 pm 

mr_josh wrote:
Draygone wrote:
Hey Josh, you said you actually got a response in your Inbox? What did it say? Was it like a "hey, click this link to see my answer" or was it something else?

It said:

Homestar Runner wrote:
Oh dango Josh! I answered your email on some website! Here it goes now!

http://www.homestarrunner.com/hremail2000.html

-H*R

After the dry spell last month, I haven't been checking in on Mondays like I used to, who knows how long it would have been before I saw it (probably not long, actually...)

Could you take a screenshot of that email to prove that you got it? Because that's awesome if it's true.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:46 pm 

Funny stuff, especially the Easter Eggs!

I can relate to hating having characters fight their identical twin in fighting games.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:35 pm 

Isn't it weird how the Hremails aren't being listed with the other toons? They're in New Stuff right now, but after they're knocked off the charts, people will have to rely on the Wiki to find them...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:43 pm 

There is a God. :hr: :hr: :hr: :hr: :hr: / :hr: :hr: :hr: :hr: :hr:

But still no guest appearance by Homsar :((

Also, for you nonbelievers who keep saying this will never be regular, you're just afraid to deal with, much less admit, the truth:

HOMESTAR HAS IT NOW.

Last edited by hrjcm on Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:42 pm 

Omnisweater wrote:
Could you take a screenshot of that email to prove that you got it? Because that's awesome if it's true.

Fiiiiiiiiiiine...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:09 am 

Icemask wrote:
mr_josh wrote:

So imagine my surprise when I found my question addressed today! There's nothing stranger than seeing an email from Homestar Runner in your inbox.

Anyway, I was kind of disheartened at the apparent discontinuation of the SBEmail empire, but over the last week or two I've had a chance to watch the first HREmail episode a few times and came to like it a lot. And now that my email has been answered, of course, I think it's the greatest thing ever and the entire site should revolve around it. :) jk jk

But anyway, cool community here, I look forward to reading more HREmail discussion.

Congrats, Mr. almost-equivalent-of-Abdi Larue, or however you spell that

---

I think we're gonna get a couple hremails, and in a pseudo-DNA Evidence thing, SB is gonna challenge Homestar to a duel to the email death. Whoever loses has to cancel their email show. And we, the viewer, get to vote on who should stay and who should go.

Y'know, that would be pretty awesome.

If that happened, Strong bad would be back, baby.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:12 am 

mr_josh wrote:
Omnisweater wrote:

Fiiiiiiiiiiine...
(a couple images)

Thanks! I wanted to believe you and now I do. I added you to the wiki article.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:25 am 

O.K., SB's in it, so I'm alright now.

Plus - Mortal Kombat Vs. Homestar Universe! :p

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:40 am 

I don't like hremails very much. I just want sbemails back, NOW.

Hremails 2000:

:hr: :hr: :hr: / :hr: :hr: :hr: :hr: :hr:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next