Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Help Bring Back Sbmails!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:45 am 

The only way to get good ol' Strong Bad to answer emails again is to *gulp* follow :sad: 's example & bombard :sb: with emails & leave :hr: 's inbox empty (a very small price to pay). That way, they'll have to bring sbmails back.

Post subject: Re: Help Bring Back Sbmails!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:51 am 

Not everybody wants sbemails back right now. Just because Strong bad gets a bunch of emails doesn't mean he'll suddenly come back. The Brothers Chaps will do whatever they like.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:58 am 

I'm just worried that sbemails might not return, & hremails isn't exactly filling my need for more email-answering.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:41 pm 

Frankly, I think they're just trying to keep things fresh for the fans. After 200 e-mails (not counting the bonus ones on the DVD's) I think they need a break from Strong Bad, I can relate. I'm good with Homestar's e-mail checking for awhile. The previous one (62) got a chuckle out of me, the current one (2000) had me smiling all the way through, and laughing several times.

hremail = teh good. Let's see where this goes.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:18 pm 

What's wrong with Homestar on his own site?
They're wearing SB out. Give it a couple months, maybe it'll return.
But for now, I wanna see where these HRemails go.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:48 pm 

Yeah, maybe I'm being a little hard on Homestar. I'll give him 2 more chances to make me laugh. Should he fail, I'll never like hremails ever again.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:13 am 

What I think would be nice is if, after maybe five or so hremails, TBC start alternating between hremails and sbemails. Like next week, Homestar uploads a new hremail. The following week, Strong Bad comes back from his email hiatus and does sbemail 201. Then Homestar does another hremail, and so on. Just because Strong Bad has done 200 sbemails doesn't mean that we should have only hremails. Personally, I'd prefer to have both. Strong Bad and Homestar are both funny, but they have their own styles of doing emails. Not to mention, Strong Bad is way more easy to understand than Homestar. And I'm not talking about bwellow crayons and Size Strong Mad shoes, either. In at least two parts of Hremail 62, I had to alt-tab to the Transcript just to find out what the crap Homestar just said.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:58 am 

The fact the navbar still includes a "sb emails" button disproves any fears I had/have about the end of Strong Bad Email.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:25 pm 

Neoxon312 wrote:
Yeah, maybe I'm being a little hard on Homestar. I'll give him 2 more chances to make me laugh. Should he fail, I'll never like hremails ever again.

Wow, harsh man. O.o

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:51 pm 

i agree with Queen on this one "Any way the wind blows, doesn't really matter to me" cuz i don't care if they do both or do one and stop the other or stop everything

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:08 pm 

Groovy Dudette wrote:
Neoxon312 wrote:

Wow, harsh man. O.o

Fine, 5 chances

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:40 pm 

Neoxon312 wrote:
Groovy Dudette wrote:
Neoxon312 wrote:

Wow, harsh man. O.o

Fine, 5 chances

Unless this becomes a regular feature, I doubt there will be 5 more HRemails.
(I hope it does become one though!)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:38 pm 

I love SBemails as much as the next guy, but Homestar's HRemails are pretty funny too. I don't mind seeing another 2 or 3 of those. I just hope the Brothers Chap don't forget that Strong Bad Email was, is, and probably always will be the most watched item on H*R. I also hope they use this SBemail break to make more "Big Toons" & Teen Girl Squad. They haven't made one of those for months. Let's just hope HRemails can fill the void.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:12 pm 

Anything that allows TBC to take a fresh approach and keep their stuff funny and new is good with me. I'm looking forward to monday's toon, when they post the first Poopsmith Email (poomail1).

Okay, yeah, that wouldn't go so well. I'll be glad for another hremail, or a sbemail, or a cheat commandos, or really, anything that makes me chuckle and breaks up my monday routine.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:46 pm 

I hope in his next email, he admits defeat and retires, and Homestar replaces the microfilm machine with a computer with a projector hooked up to it. That would make for great humor, especially if the computer's last email is where :sb: gets revenge on :hr: by smashing it to bits. That would make Homestar cry like he did in Lil' Brudder. Man, that was funny.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:39 pm 

HstrRnr wrote:
I hope in his next email, he admits defeat and retires, and Homestar replaces the microfilm machine with a computer with a projector hooked up to it. That would make for great humor, especially if the computer's last email is where :sb: gets revenge on :hr: by smashing it to bits. That would make Homestar cry like he did in Lil' Brudder. Man, that was funny.

It depends, who admits defeat, :sb: or :hr: (please be :hr: )?

Last edited by Neoxon312 on Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:35 am 

I think we should prevent the back...coming of SBEmails and start a new fad of SMEmails. Or SSEmails. Or TCEmails. The Cheat is awesome.

HREMAILS ALL THE WAY!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:07 pm 

Neoxon312 wrote:
HstrRnr wrote:

It's going to be :sb: who admits defeat. And maybe you for not being an Anti-Deletehead.

Not to mention HREmails will reign over SBEmails. In fact, I'll start a thread to KEEP DOWN SBEmails.

HREMAILS ALL THE WAY!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:06 pm 

SgtRufufuEmails wrote:
Neoxon312 wrote:
HstrRnr wrote:

It's going to be :sb: who admits defeat. And maybe you for not being an Anti-Deletehead.

Not to mention HREmails will reign over SBEmails. In fact, I'll start a thread to KEEP DOWN SBEmails.

Correct me if I'm wrong but are you asking for a challeeeeeeenge?! {assumes fighting stance}

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:13 am 

Neoxon312 wrote:
SgtRufufuEmails wrote:
Neoxon312 wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but are you asking for a challeeeeeeenge?! {assumes fighting stance}

No, it is YOU who are asking for a challeeeeeeenge!

HREMAILS ALL THE WAY!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:35 pm 

hremails seem to approach my style of humor better than sbemails so I must say I would rather have hremails although Sbemails still make me laugh something about hremails just makes me giggle inside :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:01 pm 

waytogo24 wrote:
hremails seem to approach my style of humor better than sbemails so I must say I would rather have hremails although Sbemails still make me laugh something about hremails just makes me giggle inside :)

So, do you want sbemails back, or not?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:07 am 

Neoxon312 wrote:
waytogo24 wrote:

So, do you want sbemails back, or not?

They don't, correct?

HREMAILS ALL THE WAY!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:56 am 

It's serious now. We rise to the ocassion because we enjoy comedy, & we have a job to do.

The world needs sbemails.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:39 am 

Neoxon312 wrote:
It's serious now. We rise to the ocassion because we enjoy comedy, & we have a job to do.

Not really. The world needs homestarrunner.com, but not sbemails.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:47 am 

I think all the toons are good, but I have to admit I prefer sbemails to hremails. I don't see why they can't do both, though - I mean, it's not as if we'd notice less updates...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:23 am 

20X6 GEM wrote:
Neoxon312 wrote:

Not really. The world needs homestarrunner.com, but not sbemails.

The above statement is true.

HREMAILS ALL THE WAY!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:14 pm 

Wow. I'm surprised how divided people are about the emails. I personally am cool with both, though I admit I'm starting to have sbemail withdrawals. :(

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:25 pm 

Like I said on the other thread, let's just enjoy what homestarrunner.com has to offer. I quit the stupid war.