Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:19 pm

All times are UTC

Another Spinoff, perhaps?
5 - It is Strong Sad and Strong Unfortunate what happened to your face, OOH! 67%  67%  [ 52 ]
4 - You sound all fat, depressing and Allan Poe. 23%  23%  [ 18 ]
3 - Things are moving along just as planned. Hit a snag with step two though. 8%  8%  [ 6 ]
2 - Wait, what? I wasn't prepared for this. 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
1 - Let's pretend that never happened. 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 78
 Post subject: Re: (Kinda) Marzipan's Answering Machine 16
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:00 am 

Oh, Homestar, will your relationship with Marzipan ever stop sinking lower? Thinking Marzi sounded "fine" when she was in fact none other than Strong Sad, and then insulting him whom you took for Marzipan. Great stuff.

Was it ever made clear what the KoT's plot against SS was?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:20 am 

Props to the bro chaps for keeping it fresh and allowing the restriction of the sbemails hiatus/termination to let them expand in other directions creatively...hilarious...and just when I thought Coach Z couldn't get any creepier 5/5!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:08 am 

I loved everything about it.
Especially Homestar was hilarious. And the other characters' reactions to Strong Sad were great. I could have watched it go on for hours. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:10 pm 

That's a nice twist on this. Very funny. I especially liked Bubs's message at the end.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:00 pm 

I don't understand all the people who say "I was so close to closing this tab" or "I've watched parts of other answering machines but not the whole thing". You don't have the 3 1/2 minutes to spare in your day to give the whole thing a chance? Even if you thought the intro to this one was drawn out an boring, you couldn't possibly be bothered to stick it out for another minute to see if there was a funny part? That makes as much sense as seeing that a new sbemail is called 'secret recipes' and saying to yourself "Ugh, well I don't like cooking shows so I'm not even going to waste my time watching this one!"

Say you got to the end and you thought the whole thing was boring, how much worse off would you have been? You could have then said 'wow, didn't find that funny at all' and then moved on to something else. That's exactly what happened when I watched the 'old comics' email. Do I hate the site now or resent TBC? Not at all, but you're right, maybe I would have been better if I had stomped my feet and said 'this didn't cater exactly to me and now I'm mad and never coming back'. (I know that last part doesn't relate exactly to the problem I addressed in the beginning, but more to the general attitude of so many who whine about not liking something, or saying what the site has to do to keep them happy)

Sometimes this forum makes my head hurt.

On the bright side, as I said earlier, this toon was genius.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:37 pm 

:marzi: :marzi: :marzi: :marzi: :marzi: / :marzi: :marzi: :marzi: :marzi: :marzi:

This...was....AWESOME! I thought they'd killed the Answering Machines, and I was pleasantly proven wrong! This was the highlight of my day! Hilarious!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:45 pm 

Danimo wrote:
I don't understand all the people who say "I was so close to closing this tab" or "I've watched parts of other answering machines but not the whole thing". You don't have the 3 1/2 minutes to spare in your day to give the whole thing a chance? Even if you thought the intro to this one was drawn out an boring, you couldn't possibly be bothered to stick it out for another minute to see if there was a funny part? That makes as much sense as seeing that a new sbemail is called 'secret recipes' and saying to yourself "Ugh, well I don't like cooking shows so I'm not even going to waste my time watching this one!"

Say you got to the end and you thought the whole thing was boring, how much worse off would you have been? You could have then said 'wow, didn't find that funny at all' and then moved on to something else. That's exactly what happened when I watched the 'old comics' email. Do I hate the site now or resent TBC? Not at all, but you're right, maybe I would have been better if I had stomped my feet and said 'this didn't cater exactly to me and now I'm mad and never coming back'. (I know that last part doesn't relate exactly to the problem I addressed in the beginning, but more to the general attitude of so many who whine about not liking something, or saying what the site has to do to keep them happy)

Sometimes this forum makes my head hurt.

On the bright side, as I said earlier, this toon was genius.
You clearly do not understand what a busy man I am and how much I hate Strong Sad being even remotely happy.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:06 am 

"I'm gonna.... knee you in the face..... for breakfast...." That's one of those lines that's just so random, it's hillarious! Anyone ever see the movie Good Burger? Yeah, that movie's filled with them! But I digress.

I also loved the roman candles part!

-Bubs, MAM 15.2 (a quote that pretty much expresses how desperate I am with you know what!)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:28 pm 

Ingiald wrote:
You clearly do not understand what a busy man I am and how much I hate Strong Sad being even remotely happy.

Touché :-D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:22 am 

I think I've watched just Homestar's message everyday for the last four days, and it still cracks me up. That's hard to achieve for any H*R toon in normal circumstances. Fantastic! :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:32 pm 

This certainly was a nice change of pace. It was interesting to see how all the other characters reacted to Strong Sad being in charge of the answering machine.

Strong Bad scrambling to make a new prank call, Homestar being dumb, Coach Z being creepy and the King of Town... plotting? And towards the end, that bit with the 'Roman candle valve' gets me laughing every time.

And the easter egg message was, okay, I guess. Not bad, but not great either.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:59 am 

I now actually watch (er...listen) to :marzi:'s Answering Machine now. This is truly one of the best "toons" to date! Or at least it earns a pizza trophy. TBC is really pulling out all stops for the latest toons! Hooway for unexpected spin-offs!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:17 am 

I love the two circular marks left on the floor by Strong Sad.

I also loved "And you're gonna be real po' if you don't pay that late fee!"