Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:30 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 12:41 am 

Here are the guesses I would hazard:

:hr: 24 (c. 1983)
:sb: 26 (c. 1981)
:cheat: 24 (46 in The Cheat years) (c. 1983)
:sm: 29 (c. 1978)
:sad: 23 (c. 1984)
:pom: 25 (c. 1982)
:marzi: 24 (c. 1983)
:coachz: 38 (c. 1969)
:bubs: 41 (c. 1966)
:kot: 65 (c. 1942)
:poop: 47 (c. 1960)
:homsar: 44 (c. 1963)

And just for good measure...
:senor: 59 (c. 1948)

Those are my ideas, anyway. I just couldn't resist guessing what years they would've been born in, based on my calculations.

Post subject: Lemme think...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:57 pm 

Uhm... In my opinion, as old as you make them, really. I make them:
:hr: about 19 or 20. Mental age of 11.
:sb: around 25?
:sm: 27?
:sad: Pfff... really about 17 or 18, but his mental age is like, 314.
:cheat: 5, but in The Cheat years, about 16.
:bubs: 39?
:coachz: 35?
:marzi: 20.
:pom: 20ish. I always think he's an eensy bit older than Homestar.
:kot: Like, 60 or 70.
:poop: Eternal. If he spoke, there would be a rip in the space-time continum(? me bad speller sometimes) and the almighty truth shall be revealed too early, so it'll be oozing everywhere and sticky. He knows everything.
:homsar: Probably 19 or 20. Come on! He's not that old!
:trogdor: Uhm... 3554. Give or take.
:senor: Ew. Retired-supply teacher age.
But remember, it's all up to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:04 am 

Homestar Runner: 19.
Marzipan: 18.
Coach Z: 45.
Bubs: 41.
Strong Bad: 29.
Strong Mad: 32.
Strong Sad: 16.
Teh C.: 10.
Pom-Pom: 20.
The King of Town: 69.
The Poopsmith: 40.
Homsar: 29.
Trogdor: Over 9,000.
Senor Cardgage: Fuerty-fine (45 or 49).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:08 am 

Homsar - eleventeen past cabbage
^this we can all agree on

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:20 am 

:poop: older than time itself
:trogdor: would be 2000 today, except that he stopped aging after he met the Poopsmith (you know, cause, the poopsmith killed him.)
:kot: 78
:homsar: and :senor: are actually the same person, wo just shapeshifts into a copy of any character he chooses and defies time and space.
:coachz: :bubs: both, like, 52
:sad: 24
:sm: 29
Everybody else: 27
:pom: 28
:ehsteve: 4
X-( 54
:p 32

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:29 pm 

Homestar has to be older than Strong Bad.

Though somewhat unsettling and..gross, he plays a mother figure whilst strong bad was still a "melon-headed baby"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:32 pm 

Im not sure about any of them,
But i do know that the :kot: is in his 60's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:17 am 

TrendyTotebag wrote:
Homestar has to be older than Strong Bad.

Though somewhat unsettling and..gross, he plays a mother figure whilst strong bad was still a "melon-headed baby"
Wasn't that in Strong Bad's "doodle memory"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:25 pm 

Why do any of them have to have ages? Considering that none of them are exactly human (remember, :sb: 's face IS a mask), they don't really have to adhere to the laws of time and space.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:30 pm 

WHAT, HOW HAVE I NEVRE POSTED HERE? D: I'm so ashamed of myself.
My ideas for their ages are insanely weird, oh well.

Homestar: 15-21
I don't know, I used to think Homestar was insanely young for some reason. But now I'm leaning towards the older option...but it could go either way, really. :V

Strong Bad: 30
Okay, my reason for thinking this is horrendously long and boring and reading into things way too much, so I shan't bore you with it. <:

Strong Sad: 15-17
Whiney emo kid, 15 seems like obvious choice. He's one of those intelligent teenagers, I hear they're making some of those nowadays.

Strong Mad: 31
Meh, he doesn't need to be much older than Strong Bad. I haven't thought very much about his age, I confess. )':

Marzipan: Late Teens-Early 20's
Homestar likes them olda women. :B Marzi seems like a college student to me. A weird, hippie, arty college student.

Coach Z: Late 30's
He's old, but he's not ancient. I've never been able to see him as 40, he just doesn't seem old enough. Or rather, mature/wise enough. He's close, but he doesn't wanna get there yet. D:

Bubs: 42
Bubs is old and wise. C: THAT'S MY REASON.

The Cheat: 7
I figure he's like a dog. 7 in human yars, but 20-something in Cheat years. Which is why he needs a fake ID, bars prolly don't care about Cheat years.

Pom-Pom: Early 20's
I dunno, Pom Pom' not important. :/

The King of Town: 63
He's in his sixties, it's canon, stfu.

The Poopsmith: 44
Not nearly as old as the K.O.T., but he's up there. He's old and wise but not, like...a senior. I'M SURE HE'D HAVE MANY GREAT STORIES TO TELL...if he ever spoke. ]:

Homsar: 40-something
It could go either way with Homsar, he could be a weird little kid, or a weird old man. My money's on weird old man, though, something about him tells me he's been around a long time.

There, I'm done for now.
FOR NOW. >:C

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:27 am 

Bubs has to be something ending in 9. He was born in 19?8.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:58 am 

The characters are exactly as old as they need to be for a particular joke, and ageless when age is irrelevant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:29 pm 

Location: living in the sunling, loving in the moonlight, having a wonderful time.
DorianGray wrote:
The characters are exactly as old as they need to be for a particular joke, and ageless when age is irrelevant.

I think that's pretty much the best answer I've seen so far, psychoanalysis aside. Grand jorb there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:17 am 

If you remember, Strong Bad says himself that Strong Sad is 18 to 24 years old. :cheatgrin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:55 pm 

Hmm, welp, it's suggested that :coachz: :bubs: & :poop: were already in their 20s or 30s in the 70s, so I'm gessing they're all about 50 or so. :kot: & :senor: are pro'lly late 60s/early 70s.

:sb: is a Jock Geek & :sad: is a Goth Geek. (Geeklike activity includes playing video games, reading comics, watching anime, attending conventions, in cosplay, & living with mom well into adulthood). I think they're in their late 20s, along with :hr: :homsar: :sm: :pom: & :marzi:. The Strongs are too cheap & lazy for college, hippies aren't down with the whole schooling system, & Homestar & Homsar are too dumb.

That's what I thought until the Highschool ep. came out, suggesting that all those mentioned in Paragraph 2 were in highschool in the 70s. But when I first started watching this series, I thought everyone but KOT/Bubs/Poopsmith/Z were IN highschool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:13 am 

:hr: 19
:sb: 22
:sm: 24
:sad: 19
:cheatgrin: 6
:bubs: 51
:coachz: 53
:kot: 61
:poop: 46
:marzi: 20 (yea, older than Homestar)
:pom: 22
:senor: 44
:homsar: 19

and just for fun

:trogdor: 3 or 4 or 2 (or cant remeber his create-date. i'd have to watch the toon again)
:ehsteve: still, i'd have to watch the toon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:31 am 

Strong_Glad wrote:
If you remember, Strong Bad says himself that Strong Sad is 18 to 24 years old. :cheatgrin:

I'd say Gron Sad is about 23. I'd also say that SB is 26 and SM is 29.

Post subject: Re: Lemme think...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:06 am 

Location: Dunedin, New Zealand (Not Australia, the one next to it!)
:hr: 21
:marzi: 20
:pom: 23?
:kot: Probably about 67 or so-ish
:bubs: 52
:coachz: 52
:poop: ...56?
:homsar: Homsar has no age... he just is
:senor: 64
:trogdor: 100,000
:sb: 31
:sm: 34
:cheat: 8 in The Cheat years
:stinko: How should I know? Uh... 23?...
And last (but in no way least),
:ehsteve: 78,000,000. Hey, why not?
Also,
Pazoink wrote:
:hr: about 19 or 20. Mental age of 11.

Mental age of 11? That's offensive to 11-year olds!

Post subject: Re: How old do you think the characters are?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:21 pm 

ThatGoblin wrote:
Post your ideas on how old all of them are.

As far as we know, Coach Z and Bubs are older than the rest. King of Town is probably younger than them, but older than the others. So I say that:

Coach Z: 42
Bubs: 47
Pom Pom: 23
King of Town: 61
Homestar: 18
Strong Bad: 21
Strong Sad: 18
Strong Mad: 26
Marzipan: 17
Poopsmith: 57
The Cheat: 8

I agree with those estimates, give or take maybe two years.

Although for :cheat:, I agree with Stinkobubsarman.... that number could very well be in "The Cheat years"!
Multiply it by PI...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:01 am 

:hr:: 18
:sb:: 20
:sm:: 23
:sad:: 19
:cheat:: 10
:bubs:: 34
:coachz:: 44
:marzi:: 18
:pom:: 19
:kot:: 64
:poop:: 30
:homsar:: 29
:senor:: 46

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:21 pm 

Location: My computer sending 21 emails a day to strong bad and homestar
:hr: 21
:sb: 25
:sm: 26
:sad: 18
:cheat: 23 (cheat years)
:bubs: 45
:coachz: 54
:marzi: 20
:pom: 22
:kot: 60's or 70's
:poop: 35 ( he sang the 200th email song and he seemed young)
:homsar: um 10000?
:trogdor: 5
:senor: 67

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:30 am 

DorianGray wrote:

Equals very true. For instance Homestar goes to the senior prom, but also goes on business trips. Due to the variety of situations the characters find themselves in, (More especially the variety of situations people ask about in SBemails) all the characters are portrayed doing many things appropriate for different age groups. However, it is clear that some are older than others: i.e. Coach Z has to be older, because he's the coach. Strong Sad will always be younger than Strong Bad. But really they are "as old as they need to be" (DorianGray 8).

Post subject: Character's Ages and Past
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:26 pm 

I've always noticed that the ages and pasts of the characters are never confirmed in any of the episodes, so I made my own for fun.

:hr: 23-Just out of high school as track and baseball star and moves into town to find an old girlfriend

:marzi: 23-Also just out of high school, but was the greenie of her class. Tried College to be a teacher but found it to eco-unfriendly and moved to an eco-friendly town her dad rules.

:pom: 23-Exchange student since freshman year from Pom Island at HSR and Marzipan's high school. Lived at the Runner's residence and became best buds with Homestar

:bubs: 29-Childhood unknown, but probably from the Detroit Ghettos. Started drug dealing as a teenager with gangs and landed in jail with his jail mate Zeke. Zeke annd Bubs bail out with some "friends" and escape to Freecountry.

:coachz: 27- From the Midwest Detroit Ghettos, Zeke gets involved with gangs and starts making money from "coaching" his gang friends in fighting (hence his street name Coach Z). Multiple troubles and trials with the gang life had left him mentally ill as he lands into jail with prison mate, Bubs.

:cheat: Unknown-Found in an egg by Strong Bad and Homestar.

:sm: 25-Once a very strong and smart wrestler from the same high school and HSR, Marzipan, and Pom Pom, a house fire caused him severe brain damage as a wooden beam gave Manolo severe cerebral hemmorage, and nearly died, now taken care of by his younger brothers.

:sb: 23-Once a very good looking guy in the same high school and partner wrestler with his older brother, a house fire left half of Raymundo's face charred, and now wears a mask so conceal his blemish.

:sad: 19-The youngest and happiest of all the family, the house fire killed the oldest sister (Strong Glad) and parents, leaving him perpetually depressed due to the fact Simon accidentally started the house fire.

:kot: 57-Marzipan's Dad is a mentally ill man who is the mayor of his town, although he believes himself to be the king. Samuel also believes he has "special powers" and needs to keep eating in order to keep them.

:poop: 42-Unemployed and used to working with pigs on a farm, the King of Town hired Shane since the K.O.T. realized the toilets no more were gonna do any good.

:homsar: 24- Raised by a cup of coffee, he has an extremely high IQ and no one can understand him due to his overintelligence.

The Girls and Gregs are all 17.

The other characters haven't been made up yet.

.....Ok, anyone want to change or add????? It's all free game

Post subject: Re: Character's Ages and Past
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:35 pm 

Artisan wrote:
I've always noticed that the ages and pasts of the characters are never confirmed in any of the episodes, so I made my own for fun.

:hr: 23-Just out of high school as track and baseball star and moves into town to find an old girlfriend

:marzi: 23-Also just out of high school, but was the greenie of her class. Tried College to be a teacher but found it to eco-unfriendly and moved to an eco-friendly town her dad rules.

:pom: 23-Exchange student since freshman year from Pom Island at HSR and Marzipan's high school. Lived at the Runner's residence and became best buds with Homestar

:bubs: 29-Childhood unknown, but probably from the Detroit Ghettos. Started drug dealing as a teenager with gangs and landed in jail with his jail mate Zeke. Zeke annd Bubs bail out with some "friends" and escape to Freecountry.

:coachz: 27- From the Midwest Detroit Ghettos, Zeke gets involved with gangs and starts making money from "coaching" his gang friends in fighting (hence his street name Coach Z). Multiple troubles and trials with the gang life had left him mentally ill as he lands into jail with prison mate, Bubs.

:cheat: Unknown-Found in an egg by Strong Bad and Homestar.

:sm: 25-Once a very strong and smart wrestler from the same high school and HSR, Marzipan, and Pom Pom, a house fire caused him severe brain damage as a wooden beam gave Manolo severe cerebral hemmorage, and nearly died, now taken care of by his younger brothers.

:sb: 23-Once a very good looking guy in the same high school and partner wrestler with his older brother, a house fire left half of Raymundo's face charred, and now wears a mask so conceal his blemish.

:sad: 19-The youngest and happiest of all the family, the house fire killed the oldest sister (Strong Glad) and parents, leaving him perpetually depressed due to the fact Simon accidentally started the house fire.

:kot: 57-Marzipan's Dad is a mentally ill man who is the mayor of his town, although he believes himself to be the king. Samuel also believes he has "special powers" and needs to keep eating in order to keep them.

:poop: 42-Unemployed and used to working with pigs on a farm, the King of Town hired Shane since the K.O.T. realized the toilets no more were gonna do any good.

:homsar: 24- Raised by a cup of coffee, he has an extremely high IQ and no one can understand him due to his overintelligence.

The Girls and Gregs are all 17.

The other characters haven't been made up yet.

.....Ok, anyone want to change or add????? It's all free game

Well the KOT said he was in his 60s. That was back in 2005, though.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:01 am 

:hr: 18
:sb: 23
:sm: 25
:sad: 17
:cheatgrin: 11
:bubs: 32
:coachz: 28
:marzi: 19
:pom: 21?
:kot: 56
:poop: 45 or something
:homsar: Negative fish?
:senor: mid 50's

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:11 pm 

Hey, I totaled some of these up, from both the two threads I found about character ages. It took too long to do them all, but I will later maybe. Anyway, here's the averages of all of the other thread about this, and the first two pages of this thread:

:poop: 199
:kot: 62
:bubs: 44
:coachz: 40
:homsar: 32
:sm: 27
:sb: 24
:pom: 23
:hr: :marzi: 22
:cheat: 12 (Most people seemed to mention something about him being older in Cheatyears)

So, yeah, the averages so far. I think a few of the characters are younger than they should be, but it's about right.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:47 am 

:hr: - 20
:sb: - 23
:sm: - 24
:sad: - 22
:cheat: - 3 (In Cheat Years)
:bubs: - 38
:coachz: - 40
:marzi: - 19
:pom: - 22
:kot: - 65
:poop: - 53
:homsar: - 30

Just my guess.

Last edited by ameister12 on Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:01 pm 

C'mon people! :homsar: isn't that old! If he's a "blue midget Homestar" shouldn't he acutally be homestar's age or even younger? He is almost definitely not 30 or 40. If he is at all older than :hr: then he should be like 500 years old becuase if any of you have played "Strong Badia: The Free" when :sb: could understand :homsar: he sounded pretty wise......

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:35 pm 

I say :homsar: is Ω years old.

The financial aid office
is closed on Tuesdays
and steer clear of the beef stroganov at the dining hall.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:07 am 

:hr::17-19
:sb::20-25
:sm::20-27
:sad::16-19
:cheatgrin::4 in human years
:bubs::43-50
:coachz::45-51
:marzi::17-20
:pom::20-22
:kot::60's
:poop::30-38
:homsar::60-65
:senor::52-60
:stinko::15-18

Last edited by turkishvan2 on Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next