Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:30 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Everything Else, Vol. 4 DVD
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:18 pm 

Mariofan1000 wrote:
Yeah but the warnings are usually quicker than that.Who knows how long it could take?

I don't think it would take any longer than the warning seen on Everything Else Volume 2, in which Coach Z performs a rap about the warning.

Also, I don't know why, really, but for some reason, I would like to have one of the commentaries have Mike calling Matt, "Matty Chappy, boy sibling", to which Matt replies, "Thank you, Batman."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:37 am 

I decided that the Toons list should be divided up again between "Toons" and "Shorts". Technically, "The Next Epi-snowed" is a short, but it's four minutes in length, a bit lengthy for a short, so it's part of the Toons list, comprised otherwise of Big Toons. I figured that any non-email, non-holiday toon that is above four minutes in length should be considered a Big Toon. That goes for another Cheat Commandos toon, "Commandos In the Classroom".

Anyway, the lists now will be thus:

Toons
  • The Next Epi-snowed
  • Career Day
  • Kick-a-Ball

Shorts
  • Blubb-O's Commercial
  • Limozeen Live!
  • The Homestar Runner Gets Something Stuck In His Craw
  • Play Date
  • Somber Vacation
  • The Baloneyman
  • Coach Z's 110%
  • Best Caper Ever

Next time, I will arrange my themes thus (I still say it should be themed to Saturday morning TV shows of the 1970s and '80s).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:30 am 

Will Big Toons be "Limozeen in Space" or something else?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:28 am 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:
Will Big Toons be "Limozeen in Space" or something else?

The Limozeen one will be on the Shorts page. Here's what the menu sections should be:

• Toons: "Free Country Babies": featuring the "middle school" versions of the Homestar characters from the HIGHSCHOOL email. Music: an extended version of the music at the start of "Homestar vs. Very, Very Little Girl"
  • Shorts: "Limozeen: 'but they're in space!'": featuring the cartoon versions of the band like always, plus the conspicuous additions of Harry and Terry Paloroncini. Music: an instrumental of the show's theme
  • Holidays: "The Homestar Runner Mysfit-steries": featuring the teen versions of the Homestar characters, with the conspicuous addition of The Cheat in this style, known as Cheaty-Dee. Music: an instrumental of "Having Fun With My Friends"
  • Other Features: "The Perfectly Baffling World of H.R. Hurricanesnstuf": featuring the puppet versions of Homestar resembling H.R. Pufnstuf (a la the UNNATURAL email) and Strong Bad (who is wearing a witch's hat). Music: unknown
  • Mini-Serieses: "Videlectrix Saturday Mornideo Games": featuring a group shot of most of the characters from the shows therein, such as ''Secret Collect'' and ''Thy Dungeonman'', as well as characters from new shows like "Math Kickers" and "Space Circus Catastrophe", with Vector Strong Bad in the background. Music: the synthesized drum tune from Main Page 21
  • Bonus: "Strong Badd Video": featuring Strong Bad performing against a psychedelic background, wearing the blond wig he wore in ROCK OPERA. Music: an instrumental of "Stop Handling My Style"

As this DVD parodies 1970s and '80s Saturday morning TV shows, here's exactly what they're parodying:
  • Free Country Babies: Shows featuring child versions of classic cartoon characters, such as ''Muppet Babies'' and ''The Flintstone Kids''
  • Limozeen: "but they're in space!": Different shows putting classic characters in outer space, such as "The Partridge Family, 2200 A.D.", "Gilligan's Planet" and "Josie and the Pussycats In Outer Space"
  • The Homestar Runner Mysfit-steries: The various Hanna-Barbera cartoons featuring teenagers and young adults solving mysteries and occasionally playing together in bands, especially "Scooby-Doo", "Jabberjaw" and "Josie and the Pussycats"
  • The Perfectly Baffling World of H.R. Hurricanesnstuf: H.R. Pufnstuf, with the puppet version of Homestar in the titular role and the puppet version of Strong Bad wearing a witch's hat, suggesting that he assumed the role of the show's antagonist, Wilhelmina W. Witchiepoo
  • Videlectrix Saturday Mornideo Games: Different shows featuring cartoon adaptations of video games, especially "Saturday Supercade" and "Captain N: The Game Master"
  • Strong Badd Video: The cartoons produced by Filmation during the 1970s, such as "The Archie Show" and "The Brady Kids". The title "Strong Badd Video" is a spoof on "Kidd Video", which aired for a short time in the 1980s on NBC

What do you think here?

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:33 am 

Man, I hope they put the DVD up soon; there is quite enough content here to merit one now! Here is the full list now (from September 2007 to today):

Toons
  • The Next Epi-snowed
  • Career Day
  • Kick-a-Ball

Shorts
  • Blubb-O's Commercial
  • Limozeen Live!
  • Play Date
  • Somber Vacation
  • The Baloneyman
  • Coach Z's 110%
  • Best Caper Ever
  • Donut Unto Others
  • Where U Goin' 2?
  • Pistols For Pandas

Holidays
  • Jibblies 2
  • Fan Costumes '07
  • Toikey TV
  • Happy Dethemberween
  • Trogday 08
  • Sloshybowl
  • Sickly Sam's Big Outing
  • Rotten Eggs
  • Costume Commercial
  • Most In the Graveyard
  • Fan Costumes '08
  • Twenty THANXty Six
  • A Death-Defying Decemberween

Mini-Serieses
  • Behind the Bad, Chapter 1: The New Hire
  • Behind the Bad, Chapter 2: The Heist
  • Behind the Bad, Chapter 3: The Last Straw
  • Hremail 7
  • Hremail 62
  • Hremail 2000

Other Features
  • Marshie vs. Little Girl
  • Dangeresque: Puppet Squad
  • Rap Song
  • Trudgemank
  • Marzipan's Answering Machine Version 15.2
  • Marzipan's Answering Machine Version 16.2
  • Teen Girl Squad Issue 14
  • 4 Gregs
  • Teen Girl Squad Issue 15

Bonus
  • These Peoples Try To Fade Me (the very same music video which was found only on Podstar Runner and the Strong Bad Sings CD)
  • 20X6 vs. 1936, Too (a "sequel" to "20X6 vs. 1936", this time featuring 1-Up winding up in the Old-Timey world and meeting Old-Timey Strong Bad)
  • Here's How We Choose 'em (a humorous but true look at how The Brothers Chaps pick and choose the Halloween costumes for the characters to wear in the toons)
  • Fanstuff Gallery (a TBC-hosted look at just a few of the many, MANY pieces of Homestar items made by fans)

Easter Eggs
  • Limozeen vs. Sloshy quickie (where Limozeen, in their spaceship, fires on Sloshy's ship) (on the Toons menu)
  • Non-Sequitur Championship (on the Toons menu)
  • "The Homestar Runner Gets Something Stuck In His Craw" alternate take (featuring Pom Pom) (on the Shorts menu)
  • "If I Don't Get Video Games" music video (on the Holidays menu)
  • Puppets, Little Girls & Outtakes (different outtakes from "Homestar vs. Other Little Girl", "Homestar vs. Very, Very Little Girl" and "Marshie vs. Little Girl") (on the Other Features menu)

Now you tell me: do you think it's time for them to put a DVD of this already?

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:45 pm 

I doubt Behind the Bad will be included since Telltale Games is already releasing it to DVD.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:57 pm 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:
I doubt Behind the Bad will be included since Telltale Games is already releasing it to DVD.

Well, I guess the Hremail episodes can be relocated to the Other Features section, and the Limozeen-themed menu would be replaced by Saturday Mornideo Games (the current theme of the Mini-Serieses section).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:20 am 

This has been bugging me for a while: now I live in China and the postage costs are tremendous, so I don't want to order the other DVDs and merchandise I want and then a week later this comes out... I emailed the store, but of course, no reply.

There are over 40 toons now waiting on the release of this DVD.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:04 am 

Maybe they'll release it in July. Disc 4 of the emails was released in July of 2005.

But yeah, it's really starting to bug me that the fourth EE DVD is being ignored in favor of DVDs of the best of SB's emails and the SBCG4AP series.

Matt and Mike, if you're reading this, please do all your fans a favor and release all the post-September-2007 non-email stuff onto DVD already!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:34 am 

With the connection between Hremails and Sbemails all the more realized, I figure we should update the list again:

TOONS
  • The Next Epi-snowed
  • Career Day
  • Kick-a-Ball
  • 2-Part Episode, Part 1
  • 2-Part Episode, Part 2

SHORTS
  • Blubb-O's Commercial
  • Limozeen Live!
  • Play Date
  • Somber Vacation
  • The Baloneyman
  • Coach Z's 110%
  • Best Caper Ever
  • Where U Goin' 2?
  • Pistols For Pandas
  • 79 Seconds Left

HOLIDAYS
  • Jibblies 2
  • Fan Costumes '07
  • Toikey TV
  • Happy Dethemberween
  • Trogday 08
  • Sloshybowl
  • Sickly Sam's Big Outing
  • Rotten Eggs
  • Costume Commercial
  • Most In the Graveyard
  • Fan Costumes '08
  • Twenty THANXty Six
  • A Death-Defying Decemberween

MISCELLANEOUS
  • Marshie vs. Little Girl
  • Dangeresque: Puppet Squad
  • Rap Song
  • Trudgemank
  • Marzipan's Answering Machine Version 15.2
  • Marzipan's Answering Machine Version 16.2
  • Teen Girl Squad Issue 14
  • Teen Girl Squad Issue 15
  • Four Gregs

BONUS
  • These Peoples Try To Fade Me (the music video that was previously available only on the SB Sings CD and Podstar Runner)
  • 20X6 vs. 1936, Too! (a sequel to 20X6 vs. 1936, pitting Old-Timey Strong Bad against 1-Up)
  • Here's How We Choose 'em (a TBC-hosted look at how the costumes for the annual Halloween toons are chosen)
  • Sketchbook Gallery (a gallery featuring artwork for this DVD's contents, some featured on the website, others not)

EASTER EGGS
  • Limozeen vs. Sloshy quickie (Toons)
  • Non-Sequitur Champion (Toons)
  • "The Homestar Runner Gets Something Stuck In His Craw" Deleted Scene (Shorts)
  • If I Don't Get Video Games (Holidays)
  • Puppets, Little Girls and Outtakes (Miscellaneous)

TBC, hear your fans out: please release Everything Else, Volume 4 already!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:47 am 

There is definitely enough content now. Oh, and you might want to add Loading Screens to your list!

Team Kneepads #8

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:10 pm 

Jagger88 wrote:
There is definitely enough content now. Oh, and you might want to add Loading Screens to your list!

What for? They never actually included the loading screens in the DVDs. I know, I've seen a small handful of them, both by owning for myself and renting them via Netflix (yes, Netflix does have the Homestar DVDs readily available, too!).

Besides, any more may become too much for one DVD.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:49 am 

CaptainPastHisPrime wrote:
Jagger88 wrote:

What for? They never actually included the loading screens in the DVDs. I know, I've seen a small handful of them, both by owning for myself and renting them via Netflix (yes, Netflix does have the Homestar DVDs readily available, too!).

Besides, any more may become too much for one DVD.

It's funny because he doesn't understand...

Oh heck, I'll point out the obvious anyway. Jagger means the new short "Loading Screens."

EDIT: I'd also like to add that back in April, TBC replied to an email I sent inquiring about a second Strong Bad Sings, saying: We don't know if Strong Bad will ever release another CD, but we will have another Everything Else DVD available later this year. Thanks for being a Homestar fan!

So don't worry guys.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:30 am 

Omnisweater wrote:
Jagger means the new short "Loading Screens."

I knew that.

Quote:
I'd also like to add that back in April, TBC replied to an email I sent inquiring about a second Strong Bad Sings, saying: We don't know if Strong Bad will ever release another CD, but we will have another Everything Else DVD available later this year. Thanks for being a Homestar fan!

So don't worry guys.

Well, I'm really hoping against hope that it will come out in the summer, though it's more likely that it will come out either in late October or mid-November. One way or another, however, there needs to be a sort of "cutoff" point for what is featured, like when they released EE2 in October but nothing from after Happy Trogday was released on that DVD. Or when Quality Day was the last recent feature on EE3. Maybe the cutoff point for EE4 will be the 2-Part Episode.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:17 pm 

I wouldn't mind seeing all the stuff from the bonus dvd of the game on an EE dvd. I won't be getting the collector's edition dvd because I already have all the episodes on my Wii and I don't even have a PC so I wouldn't even be able to play it. I'm sure there are plenty of other people that aren't getting it either. But I wouldn't mind having the dvd with all the extra toons. I kind of wish the dvd was sold separately. Here's what's on that dvd:

SBCG4AP Advertisement
SBCG4AP Gameplay Trailer
Baddest of The Bands Promo Spot
Behind The Bad
Strong Bad Gameways
Dangeresque Puppet Squad
Workin' on The Game
Make A Scene With TellTale: Strong Bad Edition
Dangeresque: THREE in 3D

There's also an MP3 soundtrack sampler, some wallpapers, the baddest of the bands flyer and the Dangeresque Roomisode.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:24 pm 

Marty wrote:
I wouldn't mind seeing all the stuff from the bonus dvd of the game on an EE dvd. I won't be getting the collector's edition dvd because I already have all the episodes on my Wii and I don't even have a PC so I wouldn't even be able to play it. I'm sure there are plenty of other people that aren't getting it either. But I wouldn't mind having the dvd with all the extra toons. I kind of wish the dvd was sold separately. Here's what's on that dvd:

SBCG4AP Advertisement
SBCG4AP Gameplay Trailer
Baddest of The Bands Promo Spot
Behind The Bad
Strong Bad Gameways
Dangeresque Puppet Squad
Workin' on The Game
Make A Scene With TellTale: Strong Bad Edition
Dangeresque: THREE in 3D

There's also an MP3 soundtrack sampler, some wallpapers, the baddest of the bands flyer and the Dangeresque Roomisode.

The only things I can see from the SBCG4AP DVD being added to EE4 are the Dangeresque Puppet Squad toon and, less likely, given the subject matter, the Behind the Bad series. The SBCG4AP Advertisement and SB Gameways were released as bonuses on SBEmails Disc 6.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:51 am 

Having seen the Where My Hat Is At toon, I've been thinking, maybe instead of having the original story correspond to the toon in sequence, why not completely redo it so that you can access the story itself as an Easter egg (the story as seen in EE2), like how the Strongest Man In the World story was accessed liked an Easter egg in EE3?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:39 am 

This is still driving me crazy! I don't want to have to keep going to the site to watch my favourites when I could be doing it on my iPod on the way to work!

Arrgh! I'm totally against the free downloading of H*R stuff from the interwebs as TBC's only revenue stream is from store sales, but if you're listening guys:

I'M SITTING ON A HUGE PILE OF MONEY GUYS, AND I WANT TO GIVE IT TO YOU!

But I'm not going to make an order until the new DVD is out!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:58 am 

Well, I hear they are going to be doing it before the year is over. If past DVD releases are any indication, it will probably come out either in October or November.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:45 am 

Captain, I admire your hard work, but buddy, you're putting WAAAY to much effort into this. Simmer down.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:53 am 

TheMac04 wrote:
Captain, I admire your hard work, but buddy, you're putting WAAAY to much effort into this. Simmer down.

I haven't put anything up in a while. Besides, after seeing things in the past, I've been trying to contemplate how things would go this time around. Same went with SBEmails Disc 6 before that one actually did get released.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:09 pm 

or mabey they they colud do a game show theme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:06 pm 

m622 wrote:
or mabey they they colud do a game show theme

Well, I don't know what kinds of shows they could do.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:44 am 

How about this for a theme: the "countries" of Free Country USA (from Strong Badia The Free).

MAIN MENU: Overhead map of the countries, like so:

TOONS: Strong Badia/The Cheat and Tirerea
SHORTS: Country
HOLIDAYS: Pompomerania
OTHER FEATURES: Marzistar/Homezipan
BONUS: Bleak House

While we're on the subject, I think the DVD is more or less complete now, so here's what I think the final listing content should be:

TOONS
The Next Epi-snowed
Career Day
Kick-a-Ball
2-Part Episode, Part 1
2-Part Episode, Part 2

SHORTS
Blubb-O's Commercial
Limozeen Live!
The Homestar Runner Gets Something Stuck In His Craw
Play Date
The Baloneyman
Somber Vacation
Coach Z's 110%
Best Caper Ever
Donut Unto Others
Where U Goin' 2?
Pistols For Pandas
79 Seconds Left
Where My Hat Is At?

HOLIDAYS
Jibblies 2
Fan Costumes '07
Toikey TV
Happy Dethemberween
Trogday 08
Sloshybowl
Sickly Sam's Big Outing
Rotten Eggs
Costume Commercial
Most In the Graveyard
Fan Costumes '08
Twenty THANXty Six
A Death-Defying Decemberween

OTHER FEATURES
Marshie vs. Little Girl
Dangeresque: Puppet Squad
Rap Song
Trudgemank
Marzipan's Answering Machine Version 15.2
Marzipan's Answering Machine Version 16.2
Teen Girl Squad Issue 14
4 Gregs
Teen Girl Squad Issue 15

BONUS
These People Try To Fade Me
Here's How We Choose 'em
SBCG4AP Gameplay Trailer
Workin' On the Game
Behind the Bad, Chapter 1: The New Hire
Behind the Bad, Chapter 2: The Heist
Behind the Bad, Chapter 3: The Last Straw
Sketchbook Gallery

EASTER EGGS
Limozeen vs. Sloshy toon (on the Shorts menu)
Non-Sequitur Championship (on the Shorts menu)
"Where My Hat Is At?" book (on the Shorts menu; same as on EE2)
"If I Don't Get Video Games" music video (on the Holidays menu)
Puppets, Little Girls and Outtakes (on the Other Features menu)

Now, if only they'd actually get it released already! I've got other DVD ideas in mind already...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:15 pm 

naw i knik a tran sation theme wold be geat the tran sation wold be callded :ehsteve: train staion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:18 pm 

and i think there are not enoght toons

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:31 pm 

m622 wrote:
and i think there are not enoght toons

No, I think there's plenty now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:42 am 

Well, I hope the DVD gets released soon, since TBC promised it would be released this year. Time is running out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:32 am 

CaptainPastHisPrime wrote:
Well, I hope the DVD gets released soon, since TBC promised it would be released this year. Time is running out.

If I read correctly, they weren't promising anything. They took the time to say that they would have a new Everything Else, and that it would be released later on, but they could just as well have just an approximation of when is it gonna come out, and it could or could not be released this month or in December (it could make a nice D'ween present on my warm homestary home :mrgreen:).

Though you'll probably read over this minirant and disregard it completely. I get your point anyway!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:38 pm 

Homsar Jean wrote:
If I read correctly, they weren't promising anything. They took the time to say that they would have a new Everything Else, and that it would be released later on, but they could just as well have just an approximation of when is it gonna come out, and it could or could not be released this month or in December (it could make a nice D'ween present on my warm homestary home :mrgreen:).

Though you'll probably read over this minirant and disregard it completely. I get your point anyway!

According to Omnisweater, they did say they would be releasing this DVD later this year. That was back in April. So I'm just waiting for them to deliver. So technically, they were promising something...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next