Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Communication with TBC?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:36 pm 

I know that the admins have been in some communication with TBC. What I've been wondering is, how much? Also have they said in anything important?

Post subject: Re: Communication with TBC?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:17 am 
Admin Styles

Some. Not a lot.

Whatever important things they've said that they want us to release publicly we have already released.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:24 am 

It's dot com, you had a phone interview with TBC a while ago-- Is Homestar Runner over or not? If they didn't come out and say it, what is your impression? Please, tell us- and "thanks" from me and the whole community!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:06 am 
Admin Styles

My strong impression is that the good times are not over. We asked the Chaps directly if Homestar Runner was ending and they said no. They also sketched out an idea for a redesigned main page. (I don't know what's taking so long to implement the idea, so don't ask.) They also said they would definitely not call it quits before delivering Stinkoman level 10 (however long it might take).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:15 pm 

That's a pity. I rather think it would spoil the joke to have Stinkoman 20x6 come to a meaningful "finish" with Level 10. The whole thing is a bunch of anticlimaxes (level 1) and non-sequiturs (level 2), and Stinkoman himself doesn't seem especially invested in the "goal."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:40 pm 

I must say, that was possibly the most hopeful message I've seen in months, dotcom, saying they aren't done yet. Well, I've been around since before sbemails were made, I'll stick around til the end ;).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:10 am 

Thank you It's dot com! You've changed my outlook on this whole thing.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:05 am 

Proud Anselmo wrote:
That's a pity. I rather think it would spoil the joke to have Stinkoman 20x6 come to a meaningful "finish" with Level 10. The whole thing is a bunch of anticlimaxes (level 1) and non-sequiturs (level 2), and Stinkoman himself doesn't seem especially invested in the "goal."

Don't worry about it. I'd be surprised if Level 10's final cutscene wasn't a huge anticlimax.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:23 pm 

I guess it's official now, they're not quitting. We can stop
being depressed now. Anyone?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:53 pm 

That's nice to know, thank you very much Admins!

I would still love to see some new stuff sooner rather than later though!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:41 pm 

I hope they deliver their new stuff soon!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:17 pm 

It's dot com wrote:
They also said they would definitely not call it quits before delivering Stinkoman level 10 (however long it might take).

That cheered me up. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:24 pm 

That's funny, this thread actually made me feel LESS better. So maybe they have actually CONSIDERED quitting, but will try to finish (x) first? They have lost interest in anything new (except a brief re-do of everybody with pointier elbows), but they'll at least get the GAME to a nice-round stopping point? :sad:

Won't it be funny when, months down the line, after they have returned and gone back to updating the site with new content every Monday, we can all go back and read these "is this the end of H*R?" threads and LAUGH! Ha-ha...

ha?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:59 pm 

mytatuo wrote:
That's funny, this thread actually made me feel LESS better. So maybe they have actually CONSIDERED quitting, but will try to finish (x) first? They have lost interest in anything new (except a brief re-do of everybody with pointier elbows), but they'll at least get the GAME to a nice-round stopping point? :sad:

Won't it be funny when, months down the line, after they have returned and gone back to updating the site with new content every Monday, we can all go back and read these "is this the end of H*R?" threads and LAUGH! Ha-ha...

ha?
Considering quitting? When was that ever implied?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:11 pm 

As far as I can tell, it wasn't. That is what I hate about the tone of many of these recent threads: people are reading WAY too much into the scant details available (details that are concrete, anyway). Have a little faith, people. :-|

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:46 pm 

Power Pie wrote:
Considering quitting? When was that ever implied?

JLord wrote:
As far as I can tell, it wasn't. That is what I hate about the tone of many of these recent threads: people are reading WAY too much into the scant details available (details that are concrete, anyway). Have a little faith, people. :-|

Um, actually it was DIRECTLY implied in the quote below:

It's dot com wrote:
...They also said they would definitely not call it quits before delivering Stinkoman level 10 (however long it might take).

Therefore, they *may* quit after Stinkoman level 10 is complete. Or they may never quit. Or they have quit already and don't want to admit it to us, or even themselves.

As far as I can tell, I can't tell. That is what I hate about the scant details available (details that are concrete, anyway): it causes the people in these recent threads to adopt a certain tone, and read WAY too much into EACH OTHER'S comments. "What?! Quitting?! No one said Quitting!! Who said Quitting?! Blasphemer! Have faith!" Ha, see? Get it? I just did the same thing! :-|

Anyway, I have changed my mind about joining this forum. Either you are a troll who says "I will never visit H*R.com again and will return all the merch I bought and will SPIT on a Chap Bro if I ever see him on the street (unless he's on fire) unless they give me a new free toon RIGHT NOW!" or you are of the camp that says "How DARE you speculate or voice an opinion different from my own, since I know for a FACT the site will be updated in June July August September Halloween." Middle-of-the-Road people not welcome, just like in American Politics! :-|

Or, I'm leaving because I'm still ticked that DeFender1031 deleted my Wiki update! Waa!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:46 pm 

JLord wrote:

mytatuo wrote:
As far as I can tell, I can't tell. That is what I hate about the scant details available (details that are concrete, anyway): it causes the people in these recent threads to adopt a certain tone, and read WAY too much into EACH OTHER'S comments. "What?! Quitting?! No one said Quitting!! Who said Quitting?! Blasphemer! Have faith!" Ha, see? Get it? I just did the same thing! :-|

If you think rewording my quote in order to express your own views is clever, let me assure you that it is not. Your implicit sarcasm regarding the matter does absolutely nothing to legitimately advance the dialogue either. I was merely presenting my opinion of the negative overall tone of the threads regarding this matter over the past few months, while you were the one wildly speculating and rabble-rousing (when there are plenty of 'moderates' and 'middle-of-the-road people':
mytatuo wrote:
They have lost interest in anything new (except a brief re-do of everybody with pointier elbows), but they'll at least get the GAME to a nice-round stopping point?

mytatuo wrote:
Middle-of-the-Road people not welcome, just like in American Politics! :-|

Meanwhile, the reason behind the delays in updating the site have been presented (in the associated threads), and an assurance from TBC themselves has been given, so why people are continually persisting in claiming that they are quitting or that they somehow have lost interest in HR is beyond me:
It's dot com wrote:
My strong impression is that the good times are not over. We asked the Chaps directly if Homestar Runner was ending and they said no.

It's dot com wrote:
...They also said they would definitely not call it quits before delivering Stinkoman level 10 (however long it might take).

Saying that they 'definitely will not quit before...' cannot automatically be assumed to also mean that they have seriously considered quitting.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:22 pm 

JLord wrote:
Saying that they 'definitely will not quit before...' cannot automatically be assumed to also mean that they have seriously considered quitting.
Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:14 pm 

well there working on that movie and the poker game maybe they might also be secertly working on sbcg4ap season 2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:08 pm 

Why does it have to be some sort of really convoluted explanation? Why can't it be as simple as one of them had a baby, they took a break, and then they got wrapped up in both making a movie and doing work on the Poker game, and once that settles down they'll be back to H*R? My only beef through all of this has been the lack of communication from them on the site, but otherwise, I don't think there's anything too complex or sinister about the reasons for their absence.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:14 pm 

It's dot com wrote:
My strong impression is that the good times are not over. We asked the Chaps directly if Homestar Runner was ending and they said no. They also sketched out an idea for a redesigned main page. (I don't know what's taking so long to implement the idea, so don't ask.) They also said they would definitely not call it quits before delivering Stinkoman level 10 (however long it might take).

Well its Dot Com Homestar Runner will NOT Quting for Now!
THE GOOD TIMES IS BACK! THE HOMESTAR RUNNER TEAM WILL STAYZ!
:hr: :sb: :sm: :sad: :cheat: :bubs: :coachz: :marzi: :pom: :kot: :poop: :homsar:
H-O-M-E-S-T-A-R I-S B-A-C-K!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:28 am 

It's dot com wrote:

(The words in red are the ones that made me happiest.) Reading this made me happy :-D Homestar going to come back!!! Yay!!! :hr: I wonder what the main page that they are working on is. Dangeresque? Castlefunnies? Cardboard? Teenage? Homestarmecium? We don't know yet! But still, They're PROBABLY not going to be back until a loooong time later. :-( BUT I'm guessing that they will be back sometime this year or next year. I'm just glad the website is not dead, and the website is not over, yes, the good times are not over. Yay for Homestar Team! :hr: :sb: :sm: :sad: :cheatgrin: :bubs: :coachz: :marzi: :pom: :kot: :homsar: :trogdor: :ehsteve:

The website is going to come back!

Last edited by Gfdgsgxgzgdrc on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:36 am 

groovepossum wrote:
:senor:
It's dot com wrote:

(The words in red are the ones that made me happiest.) Reading this made me happy :-D Homestar going to come back!!! Yay!!! :hr: I wonder what the main page that they are working on is. Dangeresque? Castlefunnies? Cardboard? Teenage? Homestarmecium? We don't know yet! But still, They're PROBABLY not going to be back until a loooong time later. :-( BUT I'm guessing that they will be back sometime this year or next year. I'm just glad the website is not dead, and the website is not over, yes, the good times are not over. Yay for Homestar Team! :hr: :sb: :sm: :sad: :cheatgrin: :bubs: :coachz: :marzi: :pom: :kot: :homsar: :trogdor: :ehsteve:

The website is going to come back!

Don't get your hopes up too high. That statement was made back in 2010, and the Chaps have probably gone back on it by now.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:08 am 

I just spoke with a friend of mine who works on Yo Gabba Gabba and said they are just about done with season 4. Yo Gabba Gabba hasn't gotten renewed yet but if it does it will start up again in about four to six months. Therefore, we could potentially recieve new content from TBC during the upcoming hiatus. I've never for a second thought that they were finished with the site for good. If you read the interviews posted on this Wiki you can clearly see that they don't have a master plan for doing things. It's more they take their career one project at a time. So I guess the short answer is we'll get new stuff when we get new stuff. I am very excited about the prospect of a new main page, however. I'm curious if they are going to impletment HTML5 and Javascript or still keep it in flash.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:49 am 

muppetfan1986 wrote:
I just spoke with a friend of mine who works on Yo Gabba Gabba and said they are just about done with season 4. Yo Gabba Gabba hasn't gotten renewed yet but if it does it will start up again in about four to six months. Therefore, we could potentially recieve new content from TBC during the upcoming hiatus. I've never for a second thought that they were finished with the site for good. If you read the interviews posted on this Wiki you can clearly see that they don't have a master plan for doing things. It's more they take their career one project at a time. So I guess the short answer is we'll get new stuff when we get new stuff. I am very excited about the prospect of a new main page, however. I'm curious if they are going to impletment HTML5 and Javascript or still keep it in flash.

Ahh, nice to hear some reassuring news rather than news on where to buy boots here. :rolleyes: Anywho, I'm pretty sure they will still use flash since they were using it for the last 10 years. But I'd rather not think too deeply on the subject.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:59 pm 

I don't think we'll see anything new from the Chapmans again, at least not anything pertaining to Homestar Runner. The silence has been too long and too deafening.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:49 pm 

Terminusvitae wrote:
I don't think we'll see anything new from the Chapmans again, at least not anything pertaining to Homestar Runner. The silence has been too long and too deafening.

Pessimism anyone? Look, even if we never saw an update from them in a little over a year we do not know what the deal is. They could be planning a big comeback or never coming back at all. In my eyes the length of the hiatus doesn't matter. I know that things may look bleak and how we do not really (for lack of a better term) "deserve" new items (referring to other posts that you made.)

What I am trying to get across is that there is no clear message of if they quit or not.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:03 am 

Strong Iron Clad wrote:
I guess it's official now, they're not quitting. We can stop
being depressed now. Anyone?

Here here!

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 2:08 am 

It's dot com wrote:

What is it?

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 4:52 pm 

sbemail206 talked about redesigning the website from its old Flashy-Cartoon Wedside into the "modern era"

And the Jeff Rubin Jeff Rubin interview had Matt Chapman talking about making the website more modern and redesigning it.

What Foreshadowing! :sad: