Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:18 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Crossovergame revealed- Poker night at the Inventory
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:07 am 

Location: Umm.. Look behind you a three headed CHALLENGE!!!!!
Telltale have revealed thier mysterious crossover game.

Link http://www.telltalegames.com/store/pokernight

Wow that's two forums I've made a topic announcing this.

:stinko: Oh man! Those first 400 bites of dirt were not that good! Maybe the next one will be better!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDHMJ20J5OI-Parsnips-a-Plenty in Spore: Galactic Adventures.

Post subject: Re: Crossovergame revealed- Poker night at the Inventory
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:54 am 

Wow. Amazing. How wonderfully awesome. So glad that I waited for this one. My prayers have been answered. What manna from Heaven.

/sarcasm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:48 pm 

This could logically be the reason of their absence from the site. TellTale Texas Hold'Em was fun because of the interaction between the characters. The ONLY way this game could be fun and lasting is if it has like twice as much interaction and dialogue. That means a LOT of line recording and possibly scripting on the Chaps's part.

This seals the deal for me.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:49 pm 

This is seriously what we've been waiting for over half a year? Some silly crossover game?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:09 pm 

tymime wrote:
This is seriously what we've been waiting for over half a year? Some silly crossover game?

Say what you want, if it's H*R related, it's bound to be awesome (I wonder if we will get more characters, Sam, Homestar, and the Scout?)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:58 am 

I hope this is awesome, but I seriously doubt this is the reason that TBC have been absent from the site all this time. I think it's pretty clear at this point that work on the Henson movie, coupled with a newborn baby and perhaps a bit of creative burnout on H*R, is the reason they have been absent. This could have added to the business in their lives, but I seriously doubt it's the underlying cause of the hiatus.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:42 pm 

Shump wrote:
I hope this is awesome, but I seriously doubt this is the reason that TBC have been absent from the site all this time. I think it's pretty clear at this point that work on the Henson movie, coupled with a newborn baby and perhaps a bit of creative burnout on H*R, is the reason they have been absent. This could have added to the business in their lives, but I seriously doubt it's the underlying cause of the hiatus.

Hey, games do take a lot of work. A baby and a movie don't seem on their own like enough reason for this long a hiatus - maybe sporadic updates, not just two in 9 months - but add this game and it makes a lot more sense.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:34 am 

flicky1991 wrote:
Hey, games do take a lot of work. A baby and a movie don't seem on their own like enough reason for this long a hiatus - maybe sporadic updates, not just two in 9 months - but add this game and it makes a lot more sense.
Man, I had no idea about the movie, and of course none of us knew about the game until recently. I kind of just wish they'd keep us updated on their situation, even if it was just "we gotta work on some projects for a while." That way we would stop ragging on them so much too! Understanding facilitates ~EMPATHY~.

Charmy wrote:
I... I cannot figure out whether they got lazy about animating, or whether they decided this was the most awesome way of going about it. Or both.

EDIT! - Man I am going crazy trying to imagine Tycho speaking with an American accent. I can't do it. It keeps going British. In the comic I swear I read him as American or maybe I'm just reading it in my own accent and I don't realise.
CURSE INTERNATIONALISM AND ALL THESE ACCENTS THAT EXIST.

Huge props to Micheal for the sweet avatar! B-)