Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:30 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hr Fan Film!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:02 pm 

Grab your bags of awesomesauce, 'cause it's time to do this like Brutus!
Becsause of the site's lackingness these days, I've come to my decision: We make a collaborative fan film! You juys can discuss this on this thread, and contact me at this email
evan@nork.com
I think that I'll be the co-producer and character designer. Because this baby's still being born, let's all discuss it here!
If you want to, send me your videos via my email and I'll post them here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/HrFanFilm
Hr Fans, UNITE!

Post subject: Re: Hr Fan Film!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:33 pm 

Woohooo! Holy Crap Awesome! I can make the voice of homestar

im homestaw wunnaw (WTF)

EDIT: LOL there is a sonic homestar there and a guitar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:03 am 

I can do a good Coach Z impression pretty well; if this gets more people onboard I'll contribute.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:50 pm 

I've been seriously anticipating this. FORUM, Y U NO POST TO THREAD?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:04 pm 

Would it be like Starwars Uncut Director's Cut?! This sounds like an awesome project! I do a great The Cheat and TGS. If this moves forward, I want in. :cheatgrin:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:12 pm 

purrrentice wrote:
Would it be like Starwars Uncut Director's Cut?! This sounds like an awesome project! I do a great The Cheat and TGS. If this moves forward, I want in. :cheatgrin:

Absolutely positively definitely giggidy marshmallowy! (yes.)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:26 am 

Wow, it's like all of a sudden all of the old members of the forum are coming back!

Anyway, I think the reason the information is so simple is because TwiceStyle here wants to keep this as open-ended as possible. Sort of make it up as we go... improvisational! I guess once we get some more voices for the main characters in, there will be more unveiling on this.

At least, that's how I understand all of this.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:49 am 

You got it exactly right. In my opinion, we should animate it in 3-d to give it a bit more depth. I would help, but model making and animating are not my strong points. I'm probably going to post part 1 of the script when I'm finished. Also, we should keep the original cast, but maybe add at least one new character and one or two rejected characters. I'm hoping to make this a collaborative group effort.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:55 pm 

I think it would be cool if this was some kinda crossover where the main character of some other website or show ends up in Free Country USA and has to help its residence fight against a new enemy that's trying to take the town and add it to their extensive internet empire.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:15 am 

Sweet mother gravy train! I just published my ideas website for this:
http://www.hrfanfilmstuff.webs.com/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:13 am 

Hrfanfilmstuff wrote:
The movie may revolve around the second generation, ie, the offspring, of the current characters.

Now THAT is a solid idea! If this film is done correctly, it may be one of the greatest achievements of this forum!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:42 pm 

Hrfanfilmstuff wrote:
The movie may revolve around the second generation, ie, the offspring, of the current characters.

I read a fan fiction movie script on some H*R fan fiction site a while back that did exactly that, though it was more serious then a H*R movie should be.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:10 pm 

Senor_Cardgage wrote:
Hrfanfilmstuff wrote:

I read a fan fiction movie script on some H*R fan fiction site a while back that did exactly that, though it was more serious then a H*R movie should be.

I printed out that script the other day and I've been reading over it.True, way too serious. There's like, death.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:00 pm 

I subscribed about a week ago, I've been lurking in the forum for the while but haven't posted for SO LONG.

While I cannot voice act, lack of a microphone and all, and my animation skills are amatuer, I could help write the script, I've always enjoyed writing (I'm against Fan-Fiction, but seeing as this is a fan-film, I will stretch my hate a bit to contribute.)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:02 am 

So, uh, anybody for the crossover idea?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:13 am 

HomsarTheGravyTrain wrote:
I subscribed about a week ago, I've been lurking in the forum for the while but haven't posted for SO LONG.

While I cannot voice act, lack of a microphone and all, and my animation skills are amatuer, I could help write the script, I've always enjoyed writing (I'm against Fan-Fiction, but seeing as this is a fan-film, I will stretch my hate a bit to contribute.)

Yeah. We're not gonna smother it in syrup and hugs. Or spikes. Or Marshies. I want it to be the most stright-to-cartoon production. I've begun writing the script, but keep in mind, this is a really long process because I'm wishing for the best. Oh, and Mr Senor Sir, maybe we could make that as a short before the movie. Y'know, how Pixar puts those shorts before the actual movie. Definitely a creative idea, but I'd have to leave it to you guys to write that part. (Crossovers and me don't mix.) Still, that would be a supercalifragilisticexpialidociously awesome! (Did I spell it right?) :mrgreen: Fanfics ain't gonna cut it. If you want this movie to be like a fan fiction, here's why not:
http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail188.html
I'm going to be in Montreal for the next week, but I'll try to keep in touch.
*shamelessly brings laptop that runs on outdated OS*
I'm so on the go, my first part of the script is on my telluar cellaphone.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:53 am 

Here's a sneak peek:
hrfanfilm unofficial script
cut to a blue sky. A sound like a large piece of paper being waved is made as the sky warps a bit. This continues until a dark, 5-point star shaped object appears in the sky. Zoom into it to reveal the universe. Camera rotates until it settles on earth. The camera quickly dives down to reveal an array of bushes in the shape of a star. This star fades to a star drawn on notebook paper. Pan to a drawing of Trogdor, Eh! Steve!, Stinkoman, Sterrance and The Cheat fighting, and a loaf of bread in that order on the same sheet. Zoom out to reveal that Strong Bad is working on a Teen Girl Squad issue in his room. Cut to close up of pencil. As it hits the paper, it snaps.
SB: Aw, crap!
SB: walks to pencil sharpener, as he hears a yelp.
SB: Is that The Cheat using the toilet again without my permission! He knows that's rule number 500...teendy..two.
The pencil sharpener is missing as he walks to table.
SB: WAS THERE A PURPOSE OF TAKING THIS? Eh, the majority of the people here are too stupid to know what it does, anyway.
Zoom out window. Homestar Runner is running, of course, holding sb's pencil sharpener.
HR Ooh, this looks like a tasty burger! He puts it in his mouth, tries to chew, and spits it out.
HR Ugh, WAY too well done.
Cue A Tribute To Homestar Runner.
Homestar runs after the track, the spooky woods, Bub's Concession Stand, off a cliff, but is still running, pst the bright lights that say "Homestar Runner" from the intro. Cut to closeup of hr
HR Hey Bubs, when did you install this?
Bubs: (Offscreen) Just a minute ago in time for the intro!
HR Way past cool.
Cut to an aerial map of Free Country, USA
Homestar is a red dot, and he moves quickly

Good grammar is not part of my mission plan, soldier!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:06 am 

^ Awesome.
I guess now I'll just start pitching out random scenes for the movie, as it's what I do best.
I was thinking that if there is a big finale battle against good and evil there should be a scene where the good peoples of Free Country, USA are falling back on all fronts and all seems lost. Then the first part of the Trogdor theme song plays in the arcade style and the fighting stops as both factions try to figure out what the heck that was. The first part then plays agian, exept a electric guitar is playing it instead of the arcade style. Then a second guitar joins in. Then a third. Suddenly the rest of the song plays through, every Trogdor variation yet seen charges out and the fighting recomenses.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:18 am 

Falls back in awe, not just because of how truly epic that was, but how quick you were to respond.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:31 am 

Well, there is still the problem of animation....what will we use?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:05 am 

MagicSwap wrote:
Well, there is still the problem of animation....what will we use?

While I'm no animator, I'd suggest something such as Toon Boom, yet it is quite pricey, so some free animation softwear such as Pencil could work.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:11 am 

Huh. It turns out that I DO have something to animate with, I'll try to post a sample later on.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:19 pm 

Note to forum: I'm real, real busy this week. I'm really trying to write more of the script, but it may be a while until the next installment. Let's come up with some story ideas while I'm at it!

I'm going to say that the movie starts out with the characters doing what they do. When The Cheat steals a machine from (some society) that allows you to travel to alternate universes, Strong Bad, in hope of fame, fortune, and ladies, travels to another universe. In this universe, he finds out that life is not what it is expected to be. When Homestar travels to the alternate universe, he meets his future children. Each character travels through their future lives, until they realize that there's no way to get back. Dunn dunn duuunnn!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:20 pm 

TwiceStyle wrote:
Note to forum: I'm real, real busy this week. I'm really trying to write more of the script, but it may be a while until the next installment. Let's come up with some story ideas while I'm at it!

I'm going to say that the movie starts out with the characters doing what they do. When The Cheat steals a machine from (some society) that allows you to travel to alternate universes, Strong Bad, in hope of fame, fortune, and ladies, travels to another universe. In this universe, he finds out that life is not what it is expected to be. When Homestar travels to the alternate universe, he meets his future children. Each character travels through their future lives, until they realize that there's no way to get back. Dunn dunn duuunnn!!!!

Then an Ancient Psychic Tandem War Elephant comes flying out of the sky and- oh, wait, no. That seem like a legit movie idea. I say the (some society) sould be a pack of uber moles. Or the rejected characters that wanted some payback by letting the Cheat steal the machine while knowing what will happen. Either ones fine by me.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:42 pm 

Part 2 of the script will be up this weekend if I can do it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:28 pm 

Dear goodness I haven't posted in a long time...

Anyway just poppin' in to say that this has been tried before. The project was started back during the beginning of the drought, and it was going good until interest started to dwayne. I can't help ya work on it, but maybe contact some of the other people from it and see if they wanna try and work on it again?

http://groups.google.com/group/make-a-homestarrunner-cartoon?pli=1

Also, be careful, the first couple of links are spam, the most recent legit one is entitled "By The Way"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:22 am 

Aussieguy wrote:
Dear goodness I haven't posted in a long time...

Anyway just poppin' in to say that this has been tried before. The project was started back during the beginning of the drought, and it was going good until interest started to dwayne. I can't help ya work on it, but maybe contact some of the other people from it and see if they wanna try and work on it again?

http://groups.google.com/group/make-a-homestarrunner-cartoon?pli=1

Also, be careful, the first couple of links are spam, the most recent legit one is entitled "By The Way"

Not surprised, I had a feeling someone somewhere would've made this.
But, hey, It's still worth a shot!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:40 pm 

So, you guys want me to do the script? I really can't animate, but I have possibly the best Poopsmith voice ever.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:20 am 

Alright so since it seems that no one has said that they have that great of animation skills on this thread I have come to say that I do have skills in 3D animation and Modeling skills. I took two 3D computer animation classes that taught me modeling and animation. Not much for texturing sadly but I do have experience in that I'm just not good at making my own textures. I can also do 2D animation if we need it. Here are some examples of my animation skills:

3D animation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq91nyTz ... JgbsUAU%3D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfPBbQ7K ... B7NV_zskg=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH5zmxUp ... Ht8yxiE%3D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2yhICNY ... mYwBfXvP4=

2D animation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM67wHp- ... Paa-DbKyg=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqX16p0_ ... xg3NyxBlY=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8hN4v3J ... 9rraHhI%3D
(Note: this one could have been done MUCH better. It was just a little something quick I threw together for a friend so the animation isn't that great and I used sprites made by other people.)

I am also the same guy who ported the main characters from the game SBCG4AP to Garry's Mod as ragdolls if that counts for something too. The programs I use for modeling and animating are Lightwave and 3ds max. For 2D animation I use Flash. I really like the idea of this project and I like the first part of the script already. I can also do the voices of the Homestar Runner characters pretty well.

Here are some samples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo7A3GEy ... R1Ht8yxiE=

(I can actually do a much better Strong Sad voice now. Back then I hadn't quite crafted it. I think I'll do a new fandub just so you can hear my new Strong Sad voice and I think I can make my Coach Z voice a lot better now too. The only character I can't get myself to do is Bubs. I find it to be way too hard for me to pull off. But that one guy you linked to on the hr fan film site did a great Bubs so we should have him do it if he wants to. I just noticed that I didn't do The Cheat screaming for the first part. I guess I couldn't do the scream sound he made.)
I've tried to do Stinkoman's voice but I fail at it. That voice and Bubs and maybe Strong Mad, because it is kind of hard to get his right, are the only ones I can't do. My best ones are Homestar, Coach Z and Strong Bad.

I think we should hold auditions though! Because considering how many Homestar Runner fans there are I'm sure there are people that are much better at the voices that I am. So maybe people should post either voice clips or video clips to show how good they are at voicing the characters. OH yea, you said that whoever wants to animate this film should animate the first few parts of the script and you would see if you liked it or not. Well if you want me to I'll get started on that when I have the time. I'll be sure to make everything from scratch and not use the ripped models since that seems to be the attitude here is to make it completely fan made. So give me a reply back to what you think of the contributions I could make to this project. Thank you and sorry for the long post.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:08 pm 

Alright, YOU are awesome. So.. how should we hold auditions? \

Note to forumgoers:
(I'm still writing the script :P)