Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:09 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: How do I repair a broken Kick The Cheat?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:07 pm 

I got a kick the cheat :cheat: plush toy like 6 years ago, and the voice box no longer works the way it should. When it gets hit, it makes a 20 second eerie muffled dial-up noise. I want to know if it's possible to fix it. thanks :cheatgrin:

Post subject: Re: How do I repair a broken Kick The Cheat?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:17 pm 

Sounds like the battery finally died. Those speakers use small batteries and the sound uses almost no power so it lasts a long time. If there is a way to open the plush try to find the box where the speaker is and try to see if there is a battery. Don't rip the plush open and be careful handling the speaker.

I may be dead wrong because I never owned a Kick the Cheat.

Post subject: Re: How do I repair a broken Kick The Cheat?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:59 am 

MagicSwap wrote:
Sounds like the battery finally died. Those speakers use small batteries and the sound uses almost no power so it lasts a long time. If there is a way to open the plush try to find the box where the speaker is and try to see if there is a battery. Don't rip the plush open and be careful handling the speaker.

I may be dead wrong because I never owned a Kick the Cheat.

thanks man, i replaced the batteries and it works perfectly! I just need to sew it back up and hide the stitching. I have no plan on selling it, but what do you think it's worth in its condition? the tag that came with it is also frayed.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]