Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:30 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Off-Topic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:39 pm 

Okay, I'm sure there's a reasonable reason that the Off-Topic forums have been closed since 2008. But I think it's time we reopen it. Since there's been very little H*R stuff to discuss lately, we can go and talk about whatever we want. Even with all the spam, we have a very close-knit community here all linked by a common interest, and I'd to to see all this go to waste.

Post subject: Re: Off-Topic
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:38 pm 

I completely agree with this. It would bring a needed boost of energy to this forum. Every forum I've seen has an Off-Topic section and they've been going strong, so why can't we have our own?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:48 am 

I came by to see what's going on with what was my absolute favorite forum. Speaking as someone from before the locking of Off-Topic ages ago, I would really love to have it open up again. I probably won't stick around, but I know that I met some of the best people I've ever known in Off-Topic, and we became such a close-knit group that we made our own forum after The Purge, called SIBHoD (which has since been taken down). I think it only makes sense to have an off-topic board here, not only because homestarrunner.com has greatly slowed down, but because I think that this fandom has plenty of great people who should interact beyond talking about the same cartoons.
Just my two cents. Glad to see there's still people hanging around here.

Best Regards,

Cole (AFAC)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:24 pm 

Location: In the bountiful Blue Laser Thanksgiving action playset
I mentioned this in one of the many "Repent, for the Kingdom of Heaven is Near" threads. I can't be the only one still lurking here. We could have our own little tight-knit community of people who are strangely obsessed with an old website of Flash cartoons.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:34 pm 

I still come back and check every once in a while to see if the Off-Subject has been unlocked, even though it's been years. I spent half of my teenage years in there, and I miss it sometimes, and the awesome people that frequented the boards. I would probably come back if they were opened again.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:36 pm 

Same here, man. Would be interesting if we could get most of the old gang back.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:55 pm 

Location: Accepting CHAAALLLEEENGEEESSS! with the Kool-Aid Man.
I spent a good portion of time on the old Off-subject forums. Nothing would warm my heart more than to see it reopen.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:03 pm 

The administration team seems pretty inactive, although Tom appears have visited on the 9th. This forum seems dead in the water - and H*R seems pretty unlikely to make a comeback. I would think the only way to breathe some life into this place would be to re-open the Off-Subject boards. Any chance of a response from a higher power about this?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:41 pm 

It's still so sad for me to come back to this place and the desolation. I spent so much of my time on this website from '04-08, and when the Off-Subject boards went down, it was almost like I lost a part of me when it all came down. It's hard to believe it's been over four years since that happened, even stranger to think that I've been a member of this forum for close to a decade.

I still peek in occasionally to see if anything has happened, but with the state of Homestar being what it is, I don't see changes coming anytime soon. I wish it would. Though I probably wouldn't be around for it at all, it would just make me happy to know that it was running again.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:31 pm 

There are some admins who are still lurking around the website... someone had to design that new homepage format, and the spam factor has decreased drastically. But I don't know how to contact them besides using threads like these. Anyone who is more wiki-savvy have an idea?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:01 pm 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who comes back every once in a while to see the off-topic stuff again. I wasn't there for long but I enjoyed my time there, and I'd love to see it open again.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:20 am 

I hate to be that person but... pretty pretty please, Mr. Homestarun Laufer? Since you deleted all the spam six months ago, can you come back and perform one more little thing?

There is a Persistence Prize, right? There was one in Super Kingio Brothers. There should be one here.