Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 pm

All times are UTC

On a scale from one to amazing, how life-changing is the return of the bros chos and the hostosros?
The singular most important event in the history of human existence 56%  56%  [ 9 ]
The greatest thing to happen in your own limited experience 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
One of the best things happening recently 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Apprehensive to declare the return of Homestar Runner as lasting or sustaining 25%  25%  [ 4 ]
I am not excited for the glory that lies resplendent before us, because I like to read forums about things I have no particular interest in 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 16
 Post subject: Halloween Safety
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:48 pm 

w00t! a monday update promising another update within the month, too sweet, my mind is having a hard time letting me believe that homestar isn't dead forever. Plus 2 outta 3 easter eggs were solid gold. Left me needing new pants, 5 stars

Post subject: Re: Halloween Safety
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:23 pm 

:sm: as Earthworm Jim
:marzi: as Lois
:poop: as Yoshi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:44 pm 

Strong Mad is definitely Earthworm Jim. That's the only one that seems obvious to me. Although I can see the spaceman spiff/cheat resemblance.
I can see the Lois thing with the hair, but that hair could just as easily be murderface from dethclock. Plus she's got some kinda setup in front of her with a box, cable and some kinda hockey stick?, which makes me lean away from Lois.
But poopsmith as yoshi? What? You're gonna have to explain that one to me, I don't see it at all.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:27 am 

Calling it right now: The Cheat is Spaceman Spiff.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:09 am 

King of Town is Ram Man from Masters of the Universe. Especially if you pushed the action figure's legs in.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:35 pm 

My favorite part was the one with the "Construction Zone" sign. I'll never get tired of the bulky Homestar shape rising and that low-pitched music note!

As for the costumes, I'd say we're in for quite a challenge. Even after a long hiatus, the Brothers Chaps are still able to dress up their characters as something we rarely/never think about. I could not recognize any one of them until Tork_110 pointed out the King of Town's costume.

And I'm pretty sure Strong Mad is something else. If you look very closely in the .swf version by zooming in, the portion on his head is actually hair. And his costume apparently consists of a rounder body, spread and curled fingers, and bare feet.

It's rather odd how Strong Sad's and the Poopsmith's arms aren't visible. They're probably folded in as part of their costumes.

And it looks like Homsar is either a dog or a balding man with long hair.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:56 pm 

I'm fairly certain that Marzi is Anton Chigurh from No Country For Old Men. He carried an air-pressure tank hooked up to a tank which I believe is what we can see in front of her. Also, the hair is perfect.

I also think Homsar might be Riff Raff from the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

An outside bet... Homestar appears to be wearing denim cutoffs and has a bald head. Is it too much to ask that he be noted never-nude Tobias from Arrested Development?!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:18 pm 

Charlie Jr. wrote:
And I'm pretty sure Strong Mad is something else. If you look very closely in the .swf version by zooming in, the portion on his head is actually hair. And his costume apparently consists of a rounder body, spread and curled fingers, and bare feet.

I don't know, man, looks a lot like earthworm jim. It could be a ponytail or something, but as for the body, I'm not sure how much of that is costume and how much is just strong mad. I mean look at the guy :sm: He's a giant square, he can't help it. He's just as God(Matt, Mike, and the Homestar Spirit) made him. Cut the guy a break.

Homsar as riff raff would be amazing, as would tobias Homestar. But marizpan's no country for old men costume seems dead on, that's gotta be it.

I also kinda thought strong sad looked like Dr. Robotnik. But maybe not, the more i look at it, his moustache would have to be especially pointy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:38 am 

It was SO good to have another Homestar cartoon, especially near a holiday. Loved the 3 easter eggs, especially since I've really been missing Cheat Commandos & Marzipan's Answering Machine, though the biggest lol was the storybook.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:45 am 

I personally don't think Homestar is going to last for a long time this time around, but it is pretty exciting to have another Halloween toon come along after all these years. This was a complete surprise to me, since I thought that the Fish Eye Lens thing was just a passing fancy.

Anyway...

Charlie Jr. wrote:

The only thing I can guess is that Strong Mad looks like Divine as Babs Johnson from the movie "Pink Flamingos". That definitely looks like a ponytail he has.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:37 pm 

When this toon was released I instantly checked the quote, weekly fan stuff, sketchbook half-expecting them to be the same old things, so it was no surprise when indeed they hadn't been updated. After several successive posts with no change in these features, I was prepared to lose them forever. Who needs weekly fan stuff when they're giving us toons again?

But today I see they were just waiting two days for the 5 year anniversary. Those hopeless romantics, the Chaps...

Could this be a sign that updates will be a little more frequent, maybe not weekly, but *fingers crossed* monthly-ish? maybe, hopefully, pretty please, I'll give you five dollars. A Quote of the Month? Bi-quarterly Fan Stuff? Anything, whatever you got on ya. Even 2 updates a year feels like a bounty after the desert we've crawled through.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:51 pm 

NEW TOON!!

It wouldn't be halloween without Homestar Runner.

I really like how they have easter eggs on the youtube version

:sad: looks like he might be the (fat) Predator

rhcpaul wrote:
An outside bet... Homestar appears to be wearing denim cutoffs and has a bald head. Is it too much to ask that he be noted never-nude Tobias from Arrested Development?!

That would be hilarious!

Hopefully this means more updates. There have been 3 in a row now!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:23 pm 

I'm pretty sure that this is the real return of Homestar Runner. I say this because I had a dream one time that HR would return in October, and my dreams have a strange habit of coming true.

Anyways, wouldn't it be neat if someday Strong Bad actually ended up dressing up as the ridiculous costume from the teaser? That would throw people for a loop!

All work and no play makes homestar a dull boy.
All work and no play makes homestar a dull boy.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:43 am 

I guess it's safe to say that Homsar has not died, as it seems like it may been at the end of "A Decemberween Mackerel".

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:08 am 

CaptainPastHisPrime wrote:
I guess it's safe to say that Homsar has not died, as it seems like it may been at the end of "A Decemberween Mackerel".

You never know, it is a halloween cartoon, maybe he's your death's door neighbor reanimated to spread jibblies from beyond the grave! Or maybe homsar exists in a realm of nonsense where death has no meaning. I mean he was literally created to be killed at the whim of Vinny C. Immediately following his first words he is fatally crushed by heavy lourde, much to the delight of all his lady fans.

So I wouldn't put too much stock in his death, on any occasion. I don't think homsar lives by the same laws of mortality as the rest of us. Or laws of gravity, or acoustics, or syntax. Or any laws for that matter. He's a wildman, and he must be stopped... or elected.

:homsar: Homsar/Cartgage - 2016 :senor:
:senor: The Municipality Needs You! :homsar:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:40 pm 

I'm mostly glad that Homsar seems to be alive and well.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:51 am 

Doesn't if feel good to see these updates after all these years of waiting?! I'm very excited for the Halloween toon, and I hope they continue to update regularly.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:16 pm 

I'm new here, so I dunno if I'm doing this right, but I think Strong Sad might be the Pale Man from Pan's Labyrinth. Also, Strong Mad looks like he could maybe be Fat Bastard from Austin Powers, maybe? And I doubt this, but Pom Pom is either in a dress, or he's Bluto from Animal House in his toga.

The Cheat as Spiff, Marzi as Anton, Homestar as Tobias, and the KOT as Ram Man all seem like pretty spot-on guesses to me

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:17 pm 

I have no idea. Even if I was good at guessing things by silhouettes, they usually dress up as people I've never heard of. I think Strong Sad and The Poopsmith don't have arms because they hold their arms behind their backs or something like that.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:24 am 

My thoroughly uneducated guesses:

Strong Mad: Earthworm Jim.
The Cheat: Space Ace.
Homestar: Darth Helmet
Marzipan: A tapeworm.
Pom Pom: Either M Bison or Chef from South Park.
Strong Sad: Sauron.
King of Town: Dalek.

Can't put my finger on the crab monster. I'm having flashbacks of games from the late 90s.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:17 pm 

likalaruku wrote:
My thoroughly uneducated guesses:

Strong Mad: Earthworm Jim.
The Cheat: Space Ace.
Homestar: Darth Helmet
Marzipan: A tapeworm.
Pom Pom: Either M Bison or Chef from South Park.
Strong Sad: Sauron.
King of Town: Dalek.

Can't put my finger on the crab monster. I'm having flashbacks of games from the late 90s.

The Poopsmith already dressed as M. Bison in 2003.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:10 am 

Location: In the bountiful Blue Laser Thanksgiving action playset
AAAAHHH!
Twice Style! Purrentice! The spam can guy! You're all here and back and no more spam posts! AAACK! EEEEK! OOO OO EEE EEE AAH AHH

Oh crap... having one of those gorilla attacks again... hang on. *shoots self with tranquilizer gun * Much better.

Just watched this and Fish Eye Lens for the first time. I.intentionally waitied because I figured I'd let the anticipation of a new video set and it would be the only video for another year or two. I was pleasantly suprised and have finally accepted that this is not a flash in the pan.

They haven't lost their touch, either. Mikezipan's answering machine? Pure gold.

WELCOME BACK, FORUM GOERS NEW AND OLD!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:21 am 

Tomorrow's the big day, although it's already monday in server time. Fingers crossed we get a regular monday update, new fanstuff, new sketch book, new Halloween toon :eekdance:

That would be a good sign they're sticking around for a while this time. I might die a little inside if there's no toon tomorrow. Who am I kidding, I'll die a lot inside.

C'mon, big money, big money, monday update...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:26 pm 

I wonder if anything will be referenced from 1984 and/or 1985 again, just as they always had been in the past. Here's a list of all the costumes that show you what I mean:

HOMESTARLOWEEN PARTY:
-Pom Pom as the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man from "Ghostbusters" (1984)

THE HOUSE THAT GAVE SUCKY TREATS:
-Strong Bad as Carmen Sandiego (who originated in the computer game "Where In the World Is Carmen Sandiego" in 1985, six years before the game show came out on PBS)

PUMPKIN CARVE-NIVAL:
-The King of Town as Mario (the original "Super Mario Bros." came out in 1985)

3 TIMES HALLOWEEN FUNJOB:
-Strong Bad as Ozone from "Breakin'" (1984)

HALLOWEEN FAIRSTIVAL:
-The Poopsmith as Lion-O from "Thundercats" (1985)

HALLOWEEN POTION-MA-JIG:
-Coach Z as Theo Huxtable from "The Cosby Show" (1984)

HAPPY HALLOW-DAY:
-Homestar as Scott Howard from "Teen Wolf" (1985)
-The Cheat as Gizmo from "Gremlins" (1984)

JIBBLIES 2:
-Marzipan as Prince as seen in "Purple Rain" (1984)
-The Poopsmith as Doc Brown from "Back To the Future" (1985)

MOST IN THE GRAVEYARD:
-Strong Sad as Sam Kinison as seen in his debut on "The Ninth Annual Young Comedians Special" (1984)

DOOMY TALES OF THE MACABRE:
-Strong Mad as Sal in the music video of Dire Straits' "Money For Nothing" (1985)
-The King of Town as Colonel Mustard from "Clue" (which was made into a movie in 1985)

So I hope that the unofficial tradition of using something from 1984 and/or 1985 is kept alive in this new toon coming up.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:45 pm 

Well, it's already almost 7 Georgia time. It's beginning to look more and more like we won't be getting our toon today. To be fair, the teaser said "sometime" before halloween, so they have a few more days before I lose all hope and fashion a noose. Obviously it isn't done yet, or it would've been up earlier today. And one of the chaps, I can't remember which, said in an interview a while ago that they weren't going to stay up all night just to get an update out. So I'm thinking we're gonna have to wait till later in the week. But that won't stop me from checking the site all night, just in case.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:40 am 

I don't really have anything to say about this cute toon, but I can't believe this is really happening! Like seriously, pinch me! The thought of Homestar being back for real makes me so, so happy. (And the fact that there are still people who log in to this board!)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:51 am 

Tomorrow's the day, right? Gotta be. If the "before" in the teaser is to be believed than it's gotta come out tomorrow. Unless they count Halloween sunset as the real start of Halloween. They did kind of imply that in "Happy Hallow-day."

Or maybe they forgot about us and we'll never hear from them again. Or they've been Lappynapped, er, Chappynapped.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:43 am 

Am I the only one who thinks that Graw Mad might be the shrunken head guy from Beetlejuice?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:22 am 

dripingyellowmadness wrote:
Tomorrow's the day, right? Gotta be. If the "before" in the teaser is to be believed than it's gotta come out tomorrow. Unless they count Halloween sunset as the real start of Halloween. They did kind of imply that in "Happy Hallow-day."

When they did Halloween Potion-ma-jig, it was released at about 1:30 a.m. on November 1, 2005, Atlanta time. All day the previous day, the button on the main page read, "workin' as fast as we can!". When the toon was finally released, the button read: "it's still halloween!" (moving one's pointer over the button revealed: "in certain timezones!").

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:05 pm 

Unlike the other teasers, this one came pretty early. The others came out in late October just a few days before their corresponding Halloween toons did. This the longest wait between teaser and toon so far.