Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:24 pm 

Coach Z is racing his way up my favorite character list! I love the mom jokes (I can feel a low-carb joke coming soon..). And marzipan angry. AND Homestar being his usual weird self. Something tells me that this will go down as one of those remembered emails.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:30 pm 

Hamrodrunner wrote:
I can feel a low-carb joke coming soon.

Heck no at all! I don't like those; Anything'll make you fat if you don't excercise. And anyway, that's just not their type of humor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:41 pm 

You know, now that a I realize it, my mom does the gar-bage type thing too XDD
DMurphy wrote:
I think Livin in Da Hood should be a new addition to the store... I would buy it!

I for one think a Senor Cardgage t-shirt should be prioritized though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:18 am 

That was a great email. The gar-bage thing, Homestar's appearances and Coach Z's weirdness...thing. Senor Cardgage made a nice appearance. It was all great. 9/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:45 am 

Everettimmy335 wrote:
I liked the assortment of familiar objects hanging around too, including stuff you wouldn't expect Strong Bad to have owned(Benedetto, Heavy Lourde).
Well, remember that The Cheat stole Benedetto from Homestar's house. He's hiking up the price. Inflation, I said inflation again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:49 am 

Homestar being stolen was hilarious

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:20 am 

I loved it. Yes. I loved it lots. Thought the bit with Homestar in the end "slightly used and mostly confused," was SO FUNNY!

I thought it was one of the better emails of recent pasts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:21 am 

This was a pretty good email...one of the better ones in a while (and by a while, I mean about two or three weeks or so) better than Rampage, if it was a bit short...I liked seeing all of the old stuff from previous emails and such. Coach Z was hilarious this time.

I will say now (and it has probably already been said) that this might mean that Senor Cardgage may become a new main character...seeing as I think that this Garage Sale crap actually happened...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:27 am 

Is it just me, or is Coach Z straying from his "Coach" profession? (Not that that's a bad thing, just weird.) :coachz: :coachz: :coachz:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 2:31 am 

This one was freaking awesome! I liked the easter egg that was attached to the answering machine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 3:24 am 

Location: Somewhere around that one place... you know the one I'm talkin' 'bout
Senor Cardgage is definitely the true image of a garage sale-goer. My mother has, to my knowledge, never used the gar-bage joke but that might be because she is or used to be a fan of garage sales. Bonus points for Coach Z's motherhood. Freaky/funny.
Not bad. I could have sworn Homsar would have appeared but I guess not. Maybe some other time.... :trogdor:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 3:28 am 

as far as senor cardgage becoming a regular character, I think that might happen...anyone know how long it was before Homsar became a regular character? I'd have to say that as far as moving up to main characters, I'd liken Senor Cardgage to Homsar...both are quite similar to an already existing main character, and yet, unlike most of the main characters counterparts, they are indeed different people (I mean, I doubt that Stinkoman or The Homestar Runner would end up as main characters simply because they are the main characters...in different forms)

in regards to this e-mail...surprisingly enough, I didn't laugh as much as I believe I should have...I don't think it was a bad e-mail...but for some reason I wasn't laughing...perhaps I need to be more hyper or something, I dunno...I will say that I agree with PizzaTrophy that Marzipan's "More like Preeow" was just bad...I mean, there are some jokes that leave a bad taste in my ears and this one was one of them. all in all, not a bad e-mail...but I think that my reaction to it (or lack thereof) is my own fault...I need another few viewings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 3:31 am 

It's when Senor Cardgage has a character profile is when he is an official main character.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 4:11 am 

Princess of StrongBadia wrote:
That was the funniest part! And no I'm not just saying that because I like SB :p I actually laughed the most at that part.

I thought he rambled a bit too, but the part with "Da Boyz" and "Da Hood" went too fast - I had to play it three times to get all three Easter eggs!

In all, a great e-mail. It was fun watching all the junk he was selling and remembering where it came from.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 4:15 am 

Everettimmy335 wrote:
I liked the assortment of familiar objects hanging around too, including stuff you wouldn't expect Strong Bad to have owned(Benedetto, Heavy Lourde).

I only saw Frank Benedetto at Homestar's house (the Cheat hadn't put him in the bag, although he had already gotten Homestar and the cow lamp when we arrive). Did I miss it being at the garage sale with Marzipan's answering machine?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:31 am 

Not only was it a great e-mail, it includes my favorite Marzipan face ever, which I have adopted as the Face of Katie 80!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 8:35 am 

Well, this was okay-good. The things that were good were:
-the plot twist that Strong Sad was the lurker (I thought Strong Bad was talking to Senor Cardgage negatively)
-The part with The Cheat ransacking the houses cracked me up. It must have to do with the fact that it was a little sudden with the garage sale as the focus of the email. That's pretty clever of TBCs to use a garage sale like that
-Homestar for sale!
-Marzipan's new face expression
-Another thing that cracked me up was that a keg of Cold Ones (beer) was great for babies.

Well, other than those, I wasn't fond of the email, and for some reason, Senor Cardgage isn't that funny to me, not to offend the Senor Cardgage fans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 10:07 am 

I thought this e-mail was pretty funny. I laugh more the weirder the e-mail is.

I wonder if TBC is now just catering to an established fan base rather than attracting new fans, or alternatively, trying to force new fans to watch the older e-mails to understand references, get attached to the site and buy more merchandise. *laughs* Or maybe, I should stop wondering.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 10:22 am 

I thought SB would have been in awe that Senor Cardgage was there. He practically worships him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 11:03 am 

SURGEAHOLIC wrote:
I thought SB would have been in awe that Senor Cardgage was there. He practically worships him.

That was a one-time joke. TBC make sure not to overuse some jokes that would just get stale.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:45 pm 

Another old character brought back. That makes three in a row. This one actually made me laugh, though. I was just thinking the other day that Senor Cardgage should be in an update. I really liked this email. The jokes about Coach Z were hilarious, and I liked The Cheat robbing people's houses and the Homestar easter egg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 6:42 pm 

Am I the only one who saw "Strong Sad is the real Lurker" coming a mile away?

Anyway, an average e-mail by Strong Bad's standards, which is pretty good. D.A.L.O. rating: "Solid jumble! Crazy beans double the real gold!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:16 pm 

I knew that SS was the lurker...I didn't even consider SC to be the lurker...

..and they used the SB worshiping SC again. It's an egg in flashback, where SC gives SC combolations. At teh end, you can hear SB whisper, "so cool!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:35 pm 

Duck a L'Orange wrote:

You just might be. I didn't even realize it till the second time I watched it. :eek:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 9:42 pm 

kerrek_slaya wrote:
Quote:
It's an egg in flashback, where SC gives SC combolations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 9:48 pm 

I didn't really care much for this email. But, it was probably because I had a headache while I was watching in it. And I usualy don't laugh the second time I watch an email.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 9:58 pm 

Duck a L'Orange wrote:
Well, when I saw Senor Cardgageand Strong Sad, I knew that Strong Sad would b the lurker, because Strong Bad hates him so much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 11:58 pm 

Cheese, I can't beleve I saw one late again!
That was awsome. Coach Z (more like... Mom Z. Jk.) is my favoritest, so having his own category was "da bomb". It would have been funny if The Cheat went into Bubs' Consession stand, and stole all his crazy crap. How can Homestar be at the sale, if he's stolen by The Cheat? Oh well, he's mostly confused.
Woah.. Too many refrences there.
9.999/10. :coachz:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:01 am 

Kutchipatchi wrote:
How can Homestar be at the sale, if he's stolen by The Cheat?

The Cheat was ransacking the house so he could give the stolen items to Strong Bad, who would then sell them a few weeks later at inflated prices. I guess Strong Bad considered Homestar to be an item. :hr:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:01 am 

This email is so funny. The part I laughed most at was the keg of Cold Ones being labelled "Great for Baby!" Coach Z's hinting that he is a mother is definitely creepy. Coach Z is less and less my favorite as time goes by. I hope Homestar Runner isn't heading the direction of Bonus Stage. Plus, my mom doesn't say "garbage" like that. In fact, I've never heard anyone saying that.

But, this email was still great. All of it. 9/10!

(Oh yes, and I knew that Strong Sad was the lurker because my brother told me beforehand. Stupid spoiler.)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next