Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2026 5:01 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Jumping Jack Contest.
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 6:46 pm
Posts: 130
Location: Holland
Via Wiki I saw the Homestar Runner Jumping Jack Contest thats no longer on H*R.

And I was wondering... why isn't it on H*R?

Did it get lost in a big site overhaul? I can't really see any other reason to remove it. Its well done graphically, everyone is completely in character and its very funny...

Or do the TBC hate it for some reason? If so why?

I mean... I can see why they'd take that old Marshmellow's Last Stand thing away (it has its moments, but its not that good compared to other H*R material, and a little out of char I think for Strong Bad.) But the Jumping Jack Contest?

Anyone know why its gone?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 2:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 11:59 am
Posts: 612
Location: Uck
http://www.homestarrunner.com/faq.html


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 1:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 5:47 pm
Posts: 311
Location: Houston Tx
I think because they didn't want to many contests on the site. (it is a overused idea) and the scene with Homestar's bladder was disgusting. :-S

_________________
H*R Rules
Another Fan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 2:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 6:46 pm
Posts: 130
Location: Holland
Upsilon wrote:


I knew that one, it just said THAT they were gone, not WHY they were gone.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 2:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 6:46 pm
Posts: 130
Location: Holland
Another Fan wrote:
I think because they didn't want to many contests on the site. (it is a overused idea) and the scene with Homestar's bladder was disgusting. :-S


Did the TBC say that, about the contests, or is that speculation on your part?

Also, uhm... If its that bit with Homestar's bladder they might as well remove the Luau too. (Which has pretty clear references about him taking a leak over that wood Strong Bad stole) Or heck.. remove the Poopsmith for that matter. Or that little game on the KoT pagee where Strong Bad gets lowered into the pile of whats-it. So uhm.. if thats their reason, I guess so. But I wouldn't see it myself. I mean there are more jokes like that on H*R.

Again, though, speculation on your part or actual information?

Because what I was curious about was the TBC's reason for removing it. I just wondered if anyone here knew.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 10:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 10:36 pm
Posts: 4328
Location: The island. Where and when that is I cannot say...
It's proably just because it's old and they don't like the crappy animation. Maybe they are planning on giving it a Yello Dello style DVD treatment.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 11:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 4:50 am
Posts: 886
Location: somewhere in the crowd of people in stus backyard...
hey that would be cool!comentary!hmm maybee it would also have baleted scenes!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 2:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 1:19 pm
Posts: 146
I think if you search around Google for the cartoon, there's a link where some guy saved the file for the cartoon and uploaded it on his website. Same with "Marshmello's Last Stand"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 10:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 10:35 pm
Posts: 1281
Location: Locked in my zombie defense fortress.
Maybe they are going to put them in the museum.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:37 pm
Posts: 1051
Location: Jumping the Shark
Yah, that's what I'm thinking their gonna do with Marshmallow's Last Stand, but I dunno about Jumping Jacks. Its not like it can't stand on its own, and they really wouldn't have to make a new version or anything.

_________________
New Banner Soon...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:39 am
Posts: 1176
Location: Dead.
In my opinion I think it's one of the best toons. Seriously, It's one of the best!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:00 pm
Posts: 39
In the last few seconds didn't the voices get out of place?

_________________
"Hey, stupid"
"Ask your fwiend heew why come he didn't cawve his pump-a-kin"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: i agree with some, but the rest are morons
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:14 pm
Posts: 78
Location: Ryanopolis, or the old Pietimer Place. Whatever works really
:casio:
i agree that 'Jumping Jacks' and 'Marshmallow's Last Stand are two of the best h*r cartoons, seeing as they were the two of the first ones i saw. But i think the reason they were taken off was because the h*r guys are planning on making it into a DVD type thingy.
:trogdor:

_________________
"The State of Utah, in tight, white-brand Underdrawers"
"I got a snail mail in my pocket, and i think it's starting to melt"
-Fishfight


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:03 pm
Posts: 26
Location: Texas
Hey, thanks to everyone in this forum for giving me the heads up on this lost cartoon. I honestly didn't know about it until I came here. What a deal: bonus H*R cartoon dropped in my lap!

As far as the cartoon itself goes, I think it's probably funnier than Yello Dello and The KOT cartoons combined. It has some cool visuals, especially the melonade and "imposter strong bad" scenes. And it's actually quotable: Bubs: "Oh, I'm such a dummy" and "It's the Cheat, and he's Cheatin'" Good. I give it Good Place.

(Inane question: Doesn't Pom-Pom have an advantage here since he seems to weigh, like, half a pound?)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 11:59 am
Posts: 612
Location: Uck
Nah, the best quote was "So, let's see, I would like to thank The Cheat for helping me to cheat... oh, wait, I should not say that... I would like to help Strong Mad for helping me to cheat! Yeah, that's better."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:50 am
Posts: 413
Location: Deep in the dark dank blackness of... I mean Melbourne, Australia
Skippy wrote:
(Inane question: Doesn't Pom-Pom have an advantage here since he seems to weigh, like, half a pound?)


Actually he weighs 4 pounds. It says so on his licence.

_________________
"They've taken Mr Rimmer! Sir, they've taken Mr Rimmer!"
"Quick, let's get outta here before they bring him back!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:03 pm
Posts: 6188
Location: In my house with my two kids, Bulldozer and topofsm.
Skippy wrote:
Doesn't Pom-Pom have an advantage here since he seems to weigh, like, half a pound?)


Well, :hr: has an advantage, too, since he has no arms and all he has to move is his legs. But, how does not weighing much give you an advantage?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 11:59 am
Posts: 612
Location: Uck
It should be easier to propel yourself?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:03 pm
Posts: 26
Location: Texas
Two Words: Wind Resistance. :pom: :)

_________________
"Wish I was illiterate so I wouldn't have to read that" - TV's Crow


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 11:59 am
Posts: 612
Location: Uck
Well, that's a different factor altogether, isn't it?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:39 am
Posts: 1176
Location: Dead.
:pom: = bubble

bubble = very light

So therefore, Pom Pom is light, but not too light.


(weird theory, huh?)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:03 pm
Posts: 26
Location: Texas
Upsilon wrote:
Well, that's a different factor altogether, isn't it?


Ugh. Nevermind. I fall back on the old rule of comedy: If you have to explain the joke, it wasn't funny.

_________________
"Wish I was illiterate so I wouldn't have to read that" - TV's Crow


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:05 pm
Posts: 186
Can someone post the link to the website with the two lost cartoons of DOOM?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 11:59 am
Posts: 612
Location: Uck
Skippy wrote:
Upsilon wrote:
Well, that's a different factor altogether, isn't it?


Ugh. Nevermind. I fall back on the old rule of comedy: If you have to explain the joke, it wasn't funny.


Oh, did I miss a joke? :blush:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:45 pm
Posts: 7
i never got to see it :((

_________________
:kot: its my good gravey!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:05 pm
Posts: 186
Just look it up on google. The very first webpage has it on there for you to watch...

Look up "Marshmallow's Last Stand" and the same thnig apllies.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:46 pm
Posts: 4582
Location: hanging sideways
What happened to the announcer-type guy?

_________________
Ath-a-late wrote:
The Experimental Film wrote:
extremejon09 wrote:
I see you haven't played Twilight Princess. Why is that?

I got to the water dungeon thing and got bored.

WOW. You just lost the very little respect I had left for you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:47 pm
Posts: 613
Location: Not here
I wasn't that sad to find out that Marshmallow's Last Stand was gone (being one of the very earliest cartoons, the characters' personalities weren't in place yet and the results were pretty bizarre), but the Jumping Jack Contest was probably one of my favorites. I can only hope it's going to be given the Yello Dello treatment.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: MLS
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:35 am
Posts: 324
Location: In my own little world
I would love to see Marshmallow's Last Stand with commentary, enspecial the part where Strong Bad's head is broken.

:hr: : Oh, this is when Stwong Bad got bwain damage.
:sb: : Damage no I brain!

_________________
“Feelings…” he said slowly, as if he wanted to hold on to the words, “change.”
-Weirdoes in Paradise: Chapter 5


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:39 am
Posts: 1176
Location: Dead.
Jumping Jack Contest Commentary

:sb: : So... this is the part where I'm jumping. And a little bit of jacking.
:hr: : Woah! Did I really look like that?
:sb: : I just noticed that. You were fat back then.
:hr: : Ohhh... Now I remember! I got obsessed with melonade and lost a few pounds.
:bubs: : Hey guys, what are you doin?
:sb: : Oh, we're just doing to commentary for this cartoon.
:bubs: : Oh yeah, this is the part where The Cheat was cheatin'.
:sad: : What the heck are you guys doing?
:sb: : Whahahaha!! Strong Sad did two jumping jacks! Whahahaha!!
:sad: : Well, sorry if I'm nonathletic.
:pom: : (Bubbles)
:hr: : Pom Pom! I didn't say that!
:pom: : (Bubbles)
:hr: : Hehe.... Umm... BYE!!!
:sb: : Oh! I can't believe I wore that costume!
:bubs: : It looks pretty good on you! Pom Pom is cool, after all.
:sb: : Oh man! Strong Mad actually said something other than mumbling!
:sm: : I DON'T LIKE THIS MOVIE!!!!
:sb: : Ok well.... Bye! We need to go use my "LIGHT" pen on sleeping Coach Z.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group