Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:25 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Is it leading up to something?
Yes, Email #173. 36%  36%  [ 29 ]
Yes, something ese. 30%  30%  [ 24 ]
No. 17%  17%  [ 14 ]
Who cares? 17%  17%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 81
Author Message
 Post subject: The DNA Evidence
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:53 am
Posts: 2217
Location: Australia
I think it is leading up to something. It's either that, or the Brothers Chaps are really beating a running gag into the ground, and I don't see why they'd do that.

_________________
"Explain to me how drowning them would not ruin their date."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:55 am
Posts: 5581
Location: I'm still hiding out under there. (Did I make you say "underwear" again?)
I'm sure it's leading up to something, but darn me if I have any idea what!

_________________
You look like you need a hug.
*hug*
There, now don't you feel better?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:33 am
Posts: 14288
Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
I think they just like to keep mentioning it, just to keep us guessing.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: GAH! I HATE THIS RUNNING GAG!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:28 am
Posts: 65
Location: Cactus Area
As I said, I will email SB about that. But I believe it leads up to email 173...

_________________
Image
Brawl Code: 2406-4842-7494


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:10 am
Posts: 28
I think it's leading up to e-mail 173. Anyone heard of 'The DNA evidence of the Paper'? *Taps colour printer* Poor ol' :sb:. He's gonna lose one of his greatest companions.

_________________
"Next episode, Blue Laser! NEXT EPISOOOOODE!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:01 am
Posts: 2359
Location: LV-426
no, i think it's just a sad Fairly Odd-Parents joke.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:51 pm
Posts: 2156
Location: In...a twinkies packet, I think....
Fairly Odd Parents? Where'd you get that idea?

I think it's leading up to something I mean, Your Funeral was the fouth email in a row to have a DNA Evidence reference. Considering that E-Mail 137 is like...next week, I think that we're gonna get a little something special.

_________________
(THE ABOVE USER HAS BEEN BANNED)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:06 am
Posts: 2049
Location: Standing on Watterson's front lawn
I wonder if they even know what they're building up to with it yet.

As long as it doesn't turn out horribly anticlimactic...

_________________
ATTN: LOWER BOARD USERS HAVE MOVED TO ANOTHER FORUM. COME JOIN THE FUN!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:04 am
Posts: 15
I don't really care. It might not lead up to anything at all; might just be some random joke...

_________________
Hi.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:43 pm
Posts: 57
Location: Here, not there.
I'm thinkin' it'll end up being a Big Toon rather than an Email, but that's just me and my crazy ideas.

_________________
It is decreed that one shall pound the pillars.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:51 pm
Posts: 2156
Location: In...a twinkies packet, I think....
You know you might be right. Something this drawn out could lead to a big toon or a short.

_________________
(THE ABOVE USER HAS BEEN BANNED)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:03 pm
Posts: 200
Location: Prance
What if they put that joke in there just to get us worked up like this? I bet it doesn't mean anything at all and that they just wanted give the fans something to obsess over. That seems like their type of humor...

We shall see.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:04 am
Posts: 15
It'd be really funny if :sb: answered an email like:

Quote:
Dear SB:
Is the paper really gonna go away in email 173? What's with this DNA evidence thing? Do they relate to each other?


...on email 173.

_________________
Hi.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:39 am
Posts: 204
Location: Somewhere, Someplace, doing Something, Sometimes, Somewhen, Somewhy, Somewhat.
Eh, I doubt they relate. Remember when :sad: kept making corrections in an easter egg for 3 emails in a row? They stopped, and nothing happened.

But if it did, I'd be surprised.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:53 am
Posts: 2217
Location: Australia
The corrections didn't seem as forced as the DNA evidence, though. And Strong Bad commented on it the third time, and nobody's commented on all the DNA evidence references yet.

_________________
"Explain to me how drowning them would not ruin their date."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 4:58 pm
Posts: 5045
Location: Imagining all the people living life in peace.
I think that this may be leading up to something. I HIGHLY doubt it's email #173, but something.

_________________
So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil? Do you think you can tell?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:39 am
Posts: 204
Location: Somewhere, Someplace, doing Something, Sometimes, Somewhen, Somewhy, Somewhat.
Einoo T. Spork wrote:
I think that this may be leading up to something. I HIGHLY doubt it's email #173, but something.


You know, I thought of something. What if the DNA evidence revealed that :sb: was the culprit of a crime :eek: ? He'd probably get arrested, fer real. Or maybe not.

Or quite possibly, what if the DNA evidence had something to do with Stinkoman 20X6 level 10?

It might be leading up to something...we'd just have to wait.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:31 pm
Posts: 281
Location: And that's the end of that story. Now get the f*** out of my house!
Just watch it be dropped altogether next Monday.

_________________
ZEEKY BOOGY DOOG

*winner of RAF9*


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:04 am
Posts: 15
Okay I was looking through some other emails and I am totally convinced it's just a funny running gag.

The one was in a movie...has like nothing to do with anything.

The most recent one was when :marzi: asked :hr: if he had found the DNA evidence...which means that whatever happened with the DNA evidence had already happened.

Just my two cents...

_________________
Hi.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 4:58 pm
Posts: 5045
Location: Imagining all the people living life in peace.
Spyrox6 wrote:
Einoo T. Spork wrote:
I think that this may be leading up to something. I HIGHLY doubt it's email #173, but something.


You know, I thought of something. What if the DNA evidence revealed that :sb: was the culprit of a crime :eek: ? He'd probably get arrested, fer real.


http://www.homestarrunner.com/jailcartoon.html

Image

_________________
So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil? Do you think you can tell?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:13 am
Posts: 1755
Location: People's Republic of Socialist Romanistan
It's gotta be the 173. Or something else random. But it's probably building up to something.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:51 pm
Posts: 2156
Location: In...a twinkies packet, I think....
Well, I'm starting to doubt it has something to do with 173, since that's 5 weeks away. But I do think it's leading up to something.

_________________
(THE ABOVE USER HAS BEEN BANNED)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:34 am
Posts: 131
Location: somewheres, out theres...
Well, Homestar did say he was close, so perhaps we'll find out what it's leading up to soon enough...

But yeah, it has to be leading up to something...or maybe TBC don't know it yet. >_>

_________________
StrongRad wrote:
It's Rule 1 of the universe. "Sometimes, you have to write stuff in German."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:25 pm
Posts: 1930
Location: Inside of a shirt,underwear,pants,shoes and under a hat
netzen wrote:
Well, I'm starting to doubt it has something to do with 173, since that's 5 weeks away. But I do think it's leading up to something.
Yeah, but TBC like to mix things up. We might see another game, or TGS, or something, which will make it more than 5 weeks away.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:15 pm
Posts: 1020
Location: Funkytown
I really doubt its leading up to anything. I think it's just a little gag that Teh_Chaps have been using, like "Seriously" or "Crap". They're just using it a loth.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:28 am
Posts: 65
Location: Cactus Area
I GOT IT! While mixing theories and doing [s]some[/s] no reaserch, I came up with this storyline...

There was a misterious DNA evidence found in Bubs' Concession Stand. So of course, the nerdy scientist ( :sad: ) wanted to know more about it. He sudied it along Marzipan and Homsar. After night fell, they went to sleep. The next day, Strong Sad and Marzipan check the DNA evidence again, only to find it different. They both tink it was tampered, so Marzipan comments this to Homsar at a tea party, which gets interrupted by a whatsit smeared The Cheat. T.C. then finds about the DNA evidence and its tampering, so it comments it to SB, the next day, and also at a tea party. Strong Bad then tells The Cheat that he wanted to torment Strong Sad, but he was asleep, so he tampered with the DNA Evidence. After Strong Bad tells the story to :cheat: , they get interupted by King Bubsgonzola Supreme, and the events of "unnatural" happen. Then, the next day, when everybody was watching a movie, one of Strong Sad's helpers (That was also at the theater and NOT in the movie) shouted to Strong Sad about the Evidence (It was gone), but strong bad ignored him and continued watching the movie, which he saw someone he recognized and he told all his filmography to Pom Pom (which annoyed Strong Bad). After leaving the crater, Homestar finds a wax museum, where he finds a figure of Strong Bad, suplexing a cougar. He buys it for 5$ (Best 5 bucks I ever spent) and takes it to marzipan's house. After giving her the wax figure, Marzipan asks Homestar if he can find the DNA evidence for her and homestar acepts. The next day, Homestar starts looking for it. After a while, he decides to visit Marzipan, just to tell her that he's getting close on finding the Evidence...

...after finding it, The Paper explodes and Strong Bad gets dissapointed. After checking the DNA Evidence, Strong Sad says that the tampering turned the DNA Evidence into The Paper's DNA. After using it to clone the paper, the running gag ends.

That's my theory.

_________________
Image
Brawl Code: 2406-4842-7494


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:25 pm
Posts: 1930
Location: Inside of a shirt,underwear,pants,shoes and under a hat
DNA evidence isnt just some substance lying around. It's evidence, which would imply that homestar or marzipan were in some way criminals. I think it was a one time joke that was taken too seriously.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:23 pm
Posts: 20
Location: Staten Island, New York
I pretty much agree that it's just a running gag like 'crap' and we shouldnt get too worked up over it. :p

_________________
If your sig is too big, the admins delete it. Cool huh?!?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:43 pm
Posts: 618
Location: In the silver spaceship
I didn't understand the Color Printer going away idea at first, but then I remembered that one email...


montage was it? God, I'm losing my mind.


But, I think it may just be a joke.

_________________
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:51 pm
Posts: 2156
Location: In...a twinkies packet, I think....
bwave wrote:
I think it was a one time joke that was taken too seriously.

A one time joke? Taken too seriously? It obviously wasn't a one time joke because then it would've only happened one time. As for it being taken too seriously, no one thought of it the first time. If the second reference hadn't come it would've been written off as yet another odd line.

_________________
(THE ABOVE USER HAS BEEN BANNED)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group