Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:22 am

All times are UTC

Rate it!
You're my best friend and concubine! 64%  64%  [ 7 ]
I'M A BABALITY! 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
You know like, this time of year, sometimes there's a little bit of...MURDER! 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
I don't know what Bismarks are! 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
Now it's on record that I ate 1,500lbs of crap! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 11
 Post subject: I Killed Pom Pom!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:21 am 

That was awesome, I loved homestar's cardboard burner phone. Marzipan as Tom Servo, what a twist! I love it! She still dressed as a man, well, robot, but a man robot. And Tobias Homestar blue himself. Did you notice the blue hand print on the wall? He has some of the most realistic looking hands in the whole homestar universe, if they were visible.

Post subject: Re: I Killed Pom Pom!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:08 am 

This cartoon was the best thing I've ever seen/done/eaten!! Homestar's costume was the best... and the concubine thing made me laugh. Overall it was a really great toon in my opinion. I hope they keep it up.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:46 am 

I wonder if Homsar's Dungeonmaster costume counts towards 1985?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:19 am 

CaptainPastHisPrime wrote:

Well, the show ran from '83 to '85 so i'd say so

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:48 am 

Well that was silly! I'm curious if Pom Pom is going to stay a zombie or if continuity is just completely not a thing anymore. Either way, I loved watching this. And happy Halloween! : )

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:43 am 

Emrys wrote:
Well that was silly! I'm curious if Pom Pom is going to stay a zombie or if continuity is just completely not a thing anymore. Either way, I loved watching this. And happy Halloween! : )

I don't really think they're going to kill off or permanently zombify one of the main characters. Within the context of the non-sequitur and often impossible world they live in, death is just a device, not a lasting ailment. Several characters have died in toons that take place within the "real world" of the h*r universe, and they all came back. And almost all of the characters have died at some point, although mostly under imaginary circumstances.

You gotta take anything that happens in a h*r toon(or anything on the internet while we're at it) with a grain of salt. There's nothing that can happen that can't un-happen for no good reason other than a quick laugh, and what better reason is there? It's part of what gives this website its charm and unpredictability. Everything is meaningless and it means so much to me. For instance, are we meant to assume that Homestar actually has a clear and well enunciated speaking voice and has just been chewing on a fistful of marbles for the last 14 years? I personally happen to find that conceit quite amusing, so I'll adopt it as cannon in my heart. But I still know it's probably just another of the many instances of h*r characters speaking in a voice other than their own, and will likely not be mentioned in another toon.

Popping Pom Pom is one of those iconic h*r concepts that has been used to tease audiences hither and yon, but they've never really gotten that close to showing it (pom pom has everything under control in sbmail108) If they're gonna do something fan-servicey, ie. show Strong Bad's unmasked face(from the front this time), parents of the brothers Strong, etc, popping pom pom seems like an easy choice. If there was a "death-star moment" for the H*R universe, a-sploding pom pom has gotta be it. I know ever since sbmail108, I've wondered how sticking pom pom with a pin would work. Would he pop, fizzle, fly wildly around the room making a pppfffpppffffsssssss sound? Would he just bleed? So many questions answered today with the release of the official popping of pom pom. To me, that seems a likely reason to "kill" pom pom, add some extra weight to a toon already heavy from years of expectation. Plus it's a natural climax for a toon that's just been begging to be used.
I think we'll see a healthy pom pom in the future. :pom:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:05 am 

This is what Strong Bad's costume made me think of:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:56 am 

"You'l my best fweind & concubine."

This is what Homestar's costume made me think of:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:59 pm 

Alright, a new Homestar Halloween toon! I recognized Strong Sad's costume when I saw the images on the wiki.

So remember kids. Don't kill Pom Pom, or else he'll come back from the dead and kill you!

Can't wait for more! :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:04 am 

Rip:
Pom Pom
19?7-2014
(bubbling sound effects)
:pom:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:36 am 

This also marks the second time that a Homestar character dressed as a McDonald's character. In 2003, the King of Town was dressed as the Hamburglar:

Here, Strong Bad is dressed as Mac Tonight:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:44 pm 

Location: In the bountiful Blue Laser Thanksgiving action playset
Good old Strong Bad back in murdering shape, laminated cards and all! Wondering if he'll spend any more time in his "Is In Jail Cartoon". It probably won't happen, but I would be perfectly okay with a zombie Pom Pom from now on It would be a neat way to distinguish from the pre-hiatus and post-hiatus cartoons without having some major change in comedic style or art form.

The only thing that could make this better is a good old fashioned costume and/or pumpkin riff video!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:32 pm 

PlaysetsandToysBuyer wrote:
The only thing that could make this better is a good old fashioned costume and/or pumpkin riff video!

You may be right. No Homestar-loween celebration would be complete without one of those.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:52 pm 

...What am I, a wet blanket?

Seems to me people stop posting for a few days after I post a reply.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:03 am 

Charlie Jr. wrote:
...What am I, a wet blanket?

Seems to me people stop posting for a few days after I post a reply.

well this board has been dead for years now so that doesn't really mean anything.

if they actually start to update the site regularly it might pick up again who knows.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:21 am 

dripingyellowmadness wrote:
Emrys wrote:

I don't really think they're going to kill off or permanently zombify one of the main characters...

*etc etc snip*

Holy college essay response, Batman!

I'm just sayin'....apart from in the Doomy Macabre toon, which was all in Strong Sad's head I think, how many major characters have actually died? I'm reading through the "Death" article on the Wiki, and I'm not coming up with much here.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:14 am 

Homsar was killed in his first appearance (sbemail #2) when the Heavy Lourde fell on him inexplicably.

(Ahem-hem-hem-hem...)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:47 pm 

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of something starting in 1985, not finishing up then.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:56 pm 

Emrys wrote:
Emrys wrote:

I don't really think they're going to kill off or permanently zombify one of the main characters...

*etc etc snip*

Holy college essay response, Batman!

I'm just sayin'....apart from in the Doomy Macabre toon, which was all in Strong Sad's head I think, how many major characters have actually died? I'm reading through the "Death" article on the Wiki, and I'm not coming up with much here.

haha, yeah it's on the long side. I never intend to write that much, but once I'm rolling I don't realize how long it is till I'm too deep in.

But to your point, you're right, there really aren't many instances where characters are actually seen to die. When I wrote that, I had just watched all the halloween toons in anticipation for this newest one. So thoughts of when Strong Sad appears to be dead or when all the main characters are seen dead and buried in the old timey halloween toon were fresh in my mind, and Doomy Tales as well, but I recognize that is a fiction written by Strong Sad. Plus, there are countless instances where characters are subjected to abuse that, if not for some apparent immunity to severe harm, might be fatal. It runs the gambit from merciless beating, to falling off cliffs, to having an arcade game dropped on your head. So this was the basic mindset I was in when I wrote that. But actually trying to pin down some moments as definitive as this pompom pop, they just aren't out there, Homsar's classic death is the only one that really comes close.

But that being said, I still don't think pom pom will stay dead. Something about the way it went down, just sits like it's not to be taken seriously. It's basically used as a setup for a punchline, plus the little next season bit, it just too jokey for me to think this is for real. Matt said he wanted to make it a serious moment if they ever killed off a character, interestingly enough he mentioned pom pom specifically. While it was epic to see pom pom actually explode, saturn rings and all, it still doesn't feel heavy enough for me to start grieving. I'll wait until he doesn't show up in the next cartoon to light a candle.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:02 pm 

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of something starting in 1985, not finishing up then.

To me, it doesn't seem to be so much a "1985" theme, but rather a mid-80's theme. A theme where ram man and his action figure feel right at home.