Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:50 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:35 pm
Posts: 530
Location: Japan, I wish
Theory? wrote:
This email is further proof that TBC do lots and lots of tasty drugs.








And maybe a few that aren't so tasty.


Blasphemy!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2005 4:53 am
Posts: 1004
Location: Riverside, NJ
Princess of StrongBadia wrote:
I'm so mad. SOOOOOO MAAAAD. At the email? No. The email was great. The email was 10000000000000/10 I'd say. I'm mad at you people who keep wanting to badmouth the Brothers Chaps. "Oh there losing their touch" or "This sucked, this was the worst email ever", etc, etc. Give them a freakin' break. What would you think if they went on this forum and saw what you said? Open your mind a bit, learn to welcome new kinds of humor, and maybe you won't be so quick to talk smack about innocent emails.


I just think people vent about E-mails like this because they love TBC's work and know they're capable of doing much better - kinda like when you're a parent and one of your kids brings home a report card with a bunch of C's, D's and F's on it. I do get what they were trying to accomplish, and it was an admirable try, but in my and many other people's view it just didn't work, and there's nothing wrong with thinking that as long as you're not overly nasty about it, which nobody really is IMO.

And also, I really don't think they go into making toons and E-mails expecting every single fan to like what they're doing - heck, they even poke fun of the badness of Tape Leg, and I'm sure there's plenty of other things on the site they don't care for themselves. And aren't you one of the more outspoken critics of the Pom Pom e-mail? I guess you should open your mind to that one. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:52 pm
Posts: 428
Location: In Strong Bad's heart.
Theory? wrote:
This email is further proof that TBC do lots and lots of tasty drugs.


Arg! Another thing that bugs me! People thinking that just cuz you're creative you must do drugs! Didn't it ever occur to you that wacky ideas come from within, not from a substance??!! ERR...

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:32 pm
Posts: 1527
Location: England
Princess, how come I agree with (mostly) evrything you say?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:26 pm
Posts: 352
Location: Trash Can
Encountering Gremlins wrote:
Princess of StrongBadia wrote:
I'm so mad. SOOOOOO MAAAAD. At the email? No. The email was great. The email was 10000000000000/10 I'd say. I'm mad at you people who keep wanting to badmouth the Brothers Chaps. "Oh there losing their touch" or "This sucked, this was the worst email ever", etc, etc. Give them a freakin' break. What would you think if they went on this forum and saw what you said? Open your mind a bit, learn to welcome new kinds of humor, and maybe you won't be so quick to talk smack about innocent emails.


I just think people vent about E-mails like this because they love TBC's work and know they're capable of doing much better - kinda like when you're a parent and one of your kids brings home a report card with a bunch of C's, D's and F's on it. I do get what they were trying to accomplish, and it was an admirable try, but in my and many other people's view it just didn't work, and there's nothing wrong with thinking that as long as you're not overly nasty about it, which nobody really is IMO.

And also, I really don't think they go into making toons and E-mails expecting every single fan to like what they're doing - heck, they even poke fun of the badness of Tape Leg, and I'm sure there's plenty of other things on the site they don't care for themselves. And aren't you one of the more outspoken critics of the Pom Pom e-mail? I guess you should open your mind to that one. :)

I think what she means, is that they're doing it so angrily

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:03 pm
Posts: 6188
Location: In my house with my two kids, Bulldozer and topofsm.
DuumDeeeDuum doodeedoo wrote:
Princess, how come I agree with (mostly) evrything you say?


I guess because she makes persuasive arguments.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 10:36 pm
Posts: 4328
Location: The island. Where and when that is I cannot say...
DuumDeeeDuum doodeedoo wrote:
Princess of StrongBadia wrote:
I'm so mad. SOOOOOO MAAAAD. At the email? No. The email was great. The email was 10000000000000/10 I'd say. I'm mad at you people who keep wanting to badmouth the Brothers Chaps. "Oh there losing their touch" or "This sucked, this was the worst email ever", etc, etc. Give them a freakin' break. What would you think if they went on this forum and saw what you said? Open your mind a bit, learn to welcome new kinds of humor, and maybe you won't be so quick to talk smack about innocent emails.



Agree'd!

For evryone who thinks that: Why don't YOU make something more better or funny! TBC are proffessional Flash artists, you're not.


Now I don't wanna go on a rant here, but this kind of argument really ticks me off. Since when do I have to be able to make a cartoon to know what a good cartoon is? According to this logic, I am not allowed to hate any movies, TV shows, songs, etc. that I don't have the skill to create myself. Ekul said, "Just because YOU don't like something doesn't mean noone else can like it either!" Well the reverse is true: just because you like something doesn't mean no one is allowed to dislike it. Let the haters badmouth TBC if they want.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:16 pm
Posts: 692
Location: I do stuff
Let's put it this way: TBC wanted to show that Free Country can, indeed, get boring. In that respect, the email was well-done and certainly creative. My sister and I were actually laughing hysterically at FCUSA's slow moments.

8/10, but caffeine Strong Bad brings it up to 8.75/10.

_________________
Homerun Starrer wrote:
Sinscreen! It protects your skin from evil!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:00 am
Posts: 584
Location: The testing grounds for Cheez Wizz 20X6
Meh. It was alright. Not really to my liking, though. Only the surprise appearance of Strong Sad teh Whiteness on Deathly Pallor Sanka made me chuckle. 7.25/10

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:52 pm
Posts: 1057
Location: Ever changing...
I don't know, I found it worth a chuckle or two. Definitely the appearance of caffiene Strong Sad made it great. And I thought the eggs were amusing.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:18 am
Posts: 1039
Location: Hoggie's
I thought that they said "I remember learning math in school.
I think that would make more sense than 'that'.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 10:29 pm
Posts: 9
Location: Where you can't see me.
It wasn't really on par, but with caffeinated Strong Sad in thar...

9/10 Homasars
:homsar: :homsar: :homsar: :homsar: :homsar: :homsar: :homsar: :homsar: :homsar: / :homsar: :homsar: :homsar: :homsar: :homsar: :homsar: :homsar: :homsar: :homsar: :homsar:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:21 am
Posts: 1974
Location: Chillin' with Colin
I thought it was pretty good. Very creative. Not the funniest ever, but still quite enjoyable. 7/10!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 1:19 am
Posts: 72
Ekul wrote:
If you don't have anything nice to say, don't post here. Take Lil' Brudder Show, for instance. I didn't like it, and I liked this one. Just because YOU don't like something doesn't mean noone else can like it either!


No I think I'm pretty much correct. Yes the irony of it being boring was funny....for 2 seconds. It was way overdone, and probably a deliberate act to make people quit bugging them about the next sbemail when they decide to take a week off. Yet somehow we have a bunch of sycophants drooling over this and hopping TBC reads their remarks of praise, I geuss I shouldn't be surprized.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:25 pm
Posts: 1740
Location: :noitacoL
Anarchy_Balsac wrote:
No I think I'm pretty much correct. Yes the irony of it being boring was funny....for 2 seconds. It was way overdone, and probably a deliberate act to make people quit bugging them about the next sbemail when they decide to take a week off. Yet somehow we have a bunch of sycophants drooling over this and hopping TBC reads their remarks of praise, I geuss I shouldn't be surprized.


Dude, you're acting like this sbemail was torture or punishment.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 1:19 am
Posts: 72
Joshua wrote:
Dude, you're acting like this sbemail was torture or punishment.


IT WAS!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 10:23 pm
Posts: 29
Location: Fighting off the advancing undead horde...
Not among my favorites, but a good e-mail overall...the Strong Sad thing was brilliant...totally unexpected. Right now I'd give it a 8/10.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:32 am
Posts: 1
:sad: Finally a reference to Caffeine. Wood Davers!!!


Wah-wah-wah-wait! You guys! You guys! I struck gold on the alien spaceship—I think it gave me super powers, there are wood-davers everywhere!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:00 pm
Posts: 63
Location: Very unfunny
Agree'd!

For evryone who thinks that: Why don't YOU make something more better or funny! TBC are proffessional Flash artists, you're not.[/quote]

Wait just one second...

Im not slagging off TBC. I like their work. Love it, actually. For the great things they have done in the past, I will always remain a fan.

BUT...

I also have a voice. And if I say, "hhhm, that one wasn't as good as their previous work", I can just leave it and remember the good work they have done (which is loads). So I have every right to say what I think.

PS I do know how tough making a flash cartoon is. I remember going to college and struggling to manipulate Macromedia to the best of my abilities. So no way am I better than TBC. Easier to watch and comment on. As the free world should be.

_________________
Image
XSRDragRacing.com: Slot car drag racing site


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:33 am
Posts: 14288
Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
chicklet wrote:
:sad: Finally a reference to Caffeine. Wood Davers!!!


Wah-wah-wah-wait! You guys! You guys! I struck gold on the alien spaceship—I think it gave me super powers, there are wood-davers everywhere!
This is once again another thing that TBC does best. They will make reference to a toon or e-mail like 6 months later. Think about it, Thnikkaman, Senor Cardgage, Lil' Brudder. When people forget about it, that's when they bring it back up.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:18 am
Posts: 682
Location: Don't look behind you.
Princess of StrongBadia wrote:
Theory? wrote:
This email is further proof that TBC do lots and lots of tasty drugs.


Arg! Another thing that bugs me! People thinking that just cuz you're creative you must do drugs! Didn't it ever occur to you that wacky ideas come from within, not from a substance??!! ERR...


I prefer to think of it as being "high on life." Of which I have been accused of being on many-a-times. But I can come up with some pretty crazy stuff without being on any type of drug thing. Like for example, the time me and my friend busted open our crap copy of Lost World (not because the cassette was bad but because we thought the movie was) and mummified each other in videotape. Then we hoped down the street in it. Of course then we tied what was left to our truck and went down the road to see just how long that video tape is.

Not on anything man. Just uh, maybe I shouldn't share everything like that. Like this one time, I was talking to this girl I liked and then I realized my fly was open... then I said something abou--- see that's what i'm talking about.

I really gotta learn.... man.


Oh yeah, solid e-mail. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:22 pm
Posts: 22
Power Crunch wrote:
Princess of StrongBadia wrote:
Theory? wrote:
This email is further proof that TBC do lots and lots of tasty drugs.


Arg! Another thing that bugs me! People thinking that just cuz you're creative you must do drugs! Didn't it ever occur to you that wacky ideas come from within, not from a substance??!! ERR...


I prefer to think of it as being "high on life." Of which I have been accused of being on many-a-times. But I can come up with some pretty crazy stuff without being on any type of drug thing. Like for example, the time me and my friend busted open our crap copy of Lost World (not because the cassette was bad but because we thought the movie was) and mummified each other in videotape. Then we hoped down the street in it. Of course then we tied what was left to our truck and went down the road to see just how long that video tape is.

Not on anything man. Just uh, maybe I shouldn't share everything like that. Like this one time, I was talking to this girl I liked and then I realized my fly was open... then I said something abou--- see that's what i'm talking about.

I really gotta learn.... man.


Oh yeah, solid e-mail. :)


Oh wow! That almost made me cry.

Let's get a few things settled here.

1) Drugs are not bad, drugs are good, do drugs.

2) See 1

3) Drugs aren't the definitive source of creativity. Beleive me, me and my friends will think up some incredibly off-beat nonsense whilst totally sober, but seriously, I saw this e-mail, and the word "blunt" flew through my mind. I seriously wouldn't put it past TBC to have a good toke every once and again. Especially with some of the more askew ideas of theirs. I'm sorry, I don't care how homose--high on life you are, ideas like "Sweet Cupp'n Cakes" don't come out of thin air. I've show this stuff to friends of mine who have sworn to the strait edge lifestyle til their dying day who will tell you this site has its roots with Ms. Sativa (and then some even). I'm not saying that TBC rely on drugs for their ideas, or that every cartoon is inspired by an acid trip, but seriously, where do you get characters like that? Where do you get this ridiculous concepts from? It doesn't all come from thin air...sorry.

_________________
Word!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 2:40 am
Posts: 515
Location: Its not for me its 4u2.
Somehow i cant hear homsar in the old bag easter egg and Theory? dont say drugs are good they are BBBBBBAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!11!!111 one one You should stop taking drugs.The TBC Create there characters from thin air by there mind they just wanted something funy like homestar
They dont do drugs And if they do dam me.Why would they want crack on there mind?And if your friend belives that FUACATA!Hes wrong.They did this email because the sender said to strong bad to say what boring things happen in FCUSA.And they also said that he isnt the only one who is bored out of there mind.

_________________
What idiot thought the idea of putting the hole on the BUTT of them?Take a look one day!Notice those holes on top?Well thats where the Salt come out right?Well if you put the opening on butt guess what!When you go to fill them it is is going to spill and make a freaking mess all over myfloor!-Didy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:26 pm
Posts: 352
Location: Trash Can
On a final note, I'd like to say that I was not TELLING anybody to like it; I was merely noting how meanly they were saying it. The thing I meant by that is that you can dislike an email; but don't yell at people for LIKING it! But I realized I was irresposible, and yelling at people for NOT liking at it, so I won't stop you from expressing you discontent for me.

On another note, I think we should stop this; lest it becomes a flame war

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:10 am
Posts: 677
Location: Australia
Every new toon and new email there will be some people who liked it and some people who don't like it. Such is a fact of humour, and of life in general - you can't please everyone.
This will even be taken to extremes - most emails and toons will have people saying it's the best ever, and other people who say it's the worst ever (The Simpsons wrapped all this up in the Comic Book Guy, who always calls things the "worst ever").
Yes, even "tapeleg" and "homestar hair" are probably considered the best ever by someone.

What you have to do is accept that some people's opinion will differ from yours - but feel free to be upset if someone tells you whether to find something funny.

And finally, never EVER use logic to determine whether something is humourous.

_________________
<link rel="signature" type="text/hilarious" href="/signature.txt" />


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:52 pm
Posts: 428
Location: In Strong Bad's heart.
Theory? wrote:
Where do you get this ridiculous concepts from? It doesn't all come from thin air...sorry.


You're right, it doesn't come from thin air. It comes from a thing called a brain. A sober brain. Now stop saying that drugs are good, for Pete's sake, there are kids here. (And I'm one of 'em!)(EDIT: Not that it's OK for grown-ups to do drugs either!)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:14 am
Posts: 235
Location: I dropped the screw in the tuna!
Actually, drugs are good if they are being used for medical purposes, but it's drug abuse that's bad.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 1:19 am
Posts: 72
Ekul wrote:
On a final note, I'd like to say that I was not TELLING anybody to like it; I was merely noting how meanly they were saying it. The thing I meant by that is that you can dislike an email; but don't yell at people for LIKING it!


I'm not, because to say anyone with so much as 1 IQ point liked this is garbage. People are just blindly saying "Woo-Hoo, good e-mail" or sucking up to TBC in the hopes they'll read this thread, they have no minds of their own or they'd be bashing this e-mail. Because it's pretty clear that TBC deliberately made this one bad.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:00 pm
Posts: 8
Quote:
Did anyone think that when SB said "What are you, um, doing?" that Homestar might respond with that "doing" thing again?

Indeed...in fact, I was rather hoping they would. That was like one of my favorite jokes...of course, I have a lot of those.

I just find it rather facinating that in the easter egg for "err", TBC use a three letter word that, somehow, didn't make it into their list of three letter words. "Did". Just a random observation.

In regards to the random ideas thing...it's quite possible to come up with crazy ideas for things without being on medication or drugs...it just comes from having a different kind of mind. A mind that says "here's the jokes people expect, here's the kinds of things people know, here's what we know is funny....but how elsecan it be done?" Personally, I rather get tired of the cliche old forms of humor that appear in such abundance on TV. Jokes that have been used so many different times in so many different shows in just slight variations make me cringe...so I try and think of other ways of making funny. I think TBC are quite similar. They do things in their cartoons that most networks and movie studios and such wouldn't dare consider doing...because it's too abnormal. I don't think they necessarily have some kind of outside stimulant...I think that, at their core, they're already just totally outside the normal way people think.

Of course, that's my opinion based on my experience...it's certainly posssible that TBC have, in fact used/use drugs, though I should certainly hope not. However, in any case, the cartoons in and of themselves, as a collective whole are brilliant.

_________________
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2005 4:53 am
Posts: 1004
Location: Riverside, NJ
Anarchy_Balsac wrote:
Ekul wrote:
On a final note, I'd like to say that I was not TELLING anybody to like it; I was merely noting how meanly they were saying it. The thing I meant by that is that you can dislike an email; but don't yell at people for LIKING it!


I'm not, because to say anyone with so much as 1 IQ point liked this is garbage. People are just blindly saying "Woo-Hoo, good e-mail" or sucking up to TBC in the hopes they'll read this thread, they have no minds of their own or they'd be bashing this e-mail. Because it's pretty clear that TBC deliberately made this one bad.


Uh.... I didn't like this E-mail all that much either (though it held up to a third and fourth viewing slightly better than I thought it would), but I can easily see how people would have really enjoyed it. Heck, I would have liked it better if they didn't overdo the slowness of it so much. Yeah, it's probably true that there are a few people who go a little over the top in making up much they actually liked certain E-mails or other things, particularly recent ones, but it's just plain ignorant to think everyone on this Forum is that naive. Some things really appeal to others and some don't. You're not winning over anyone with statements like that.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group