Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2026 11:31 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:25 pm
Posts: 1740
Location: :noitacoL
I'm just hoping they're rushing to #150 for some awesome email special, and not just another sbemail DVD.

:eekdance: :eekdance: :eekdance: TOTPD, fools! :eekdance: :eekdance: :eekdance: :[

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:47 pm
Posts: 426
Location: Rotten Egglünd
Considering I'm a huge fan of H*R slash, I think you can all take a wild guess at how much I loved this e-mail =P

Tweese it out!

But besides Homestar, fluffy The Cheat (and the consequences of his fluffifying -- ew) and Marzipan's ... weird arts-and-crafts were my favorite parts. PYROTECHNICS!

Girls really do dig pyrotechnics, by the way. Set your coffee table on fire and try it out yourself!

_________________
The Mu is NOT dead!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:58 am
Posts: 185
DumDeDum wrote:
It's a good SBemail. Poor The Cheat.

The puke seeping out of the dryer was priceless. Not to mention disgusting.

He looks so cute all puffed up from the dryer. :cheat:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:31 pm
Posts: 845
Location: Looking for a new avatar
I'm diggin the email. And we found the printer!

_________________
Alright! You win, The Noid! No more memes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:17 pm
Posts: 1185
Location: Santa Destroy
That was a pretty good email. I liked The Cheat in this one. And it was overall cool too. Not one of my favorites, but still.

_________________
Actually, screw this. I'm out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 1:25 am
Posts: 1322
Location: Inside the box
I didn't like this one that much for some reason.

I liked how they used puffed out The Cheat again, though.

Oh, and the pyrotechnics too.


Last edited by The Smiling Assassin on Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:01 am
Posts: 2359
Location: LV-426
everybody loves pyrotechnics! a favoured one is to set the pool on fire. achieve that and everyone will love you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:43 am
Posts: 19
Location: Peasantry
I thought it was pretty good. Though may I ask exactly what the heck a 'twees' is?

Also, I couldn't help noticing the sweatbeads on SB's forehead when he was trying to do push-ups. That's certainly a unique type of mask he has there.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Mmmm.... so so
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:23 am
Posts: 6
Location: Arcadia
This was so-so. It can't hold up against some of the others, but it isn't near as crappy as Myths & Legends. Meeehhhh... I don't know. Like I said, it was alright. So:

ImageImageImage

_________________
ArAn On TMBW
ArAn on Wikipedia
ArAn on HRWiki


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Liked it
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:08 am
Posts: 221
Location: Parts Unknown
I rather liked it. I can't agree with the folks that say it was either bad or mediocre. For me, SB emails are at their worst mediocre, and there are about 10 or 11 of those. This wasn't one of them.

I can't hate it, since I myself have always wondered who in the world still reads strips like "Mary Worth" and "Rex Morgan, M.D." I mean... seriously, are there any fans? And are they all in their 90's?

Favorite parts:
- The Buck Webb segments (incl. sea turtle)
- Strong Bad's sad attempt at push-up ("Real men play two-handed pushups!")
- Twees it out!
- Twees it twees it twees it out!

As for ranking this, I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars.

Number of times I've viewed "lady fan" so far: about 5. Still made me laugh each time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liked it
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:43 am
Posts: 19
Location: Peasantry
El Santo wrote:
I can't hate it, since I myself have always wondered who in the world still reads strips like "Mary Worth" and "Rex Morgan, M.D." I mean... seriously, are there any fans? And are they all in their 90's?


I know exactly what you mean. Those cartoon strips really do stretch the term "Funnies" to the very limit. Aside from this email, TBC have also made another satirical dig at them, when they showed us the source of :kot: and :poop: - the "Castlefunnies". It was meant to be really lame, and was stopped when it's sole remaining reader died.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:28 am
Posts: 124
Location: Cornwall, Ontario, Canada (My name is pronouced Kaypheus)
I like the pyrotechnics, or ANY AND ALL screams made by Strong Bad which are too far and few in between for my liking but oh well

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:01 am
Posts: 1
Whoo-hoo! First post!
This E-mail was a lot like ladying in my opinion.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:53 am
Posts: 457
Location: Holland!
Did somebody notice that SB's design has slightly changed again? It looks a bit more like the 'old' SB. Which is something I like.
His body seems bigger (or head smaller) to me, his arms are longer and his pants are shaded. For some reason he looks a little less like a kiddo now.

_________________
In case you think this is interesting.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:10 am 
Not the best sbemail, still it was kinda funny, 6/10.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:25 am
Posts: 4266
Location: Blowing my brains out through my nose
The only good part= fluffy The Cheat.

Not much else.

_________________
No, I lied. I'm never going to have a good sig. So just forget about it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:23 am
Posts: 6
Location: Arcadia
Kiki wrote:
Did somebody notice that SB's design has slightly changed again? It looks a bit more like the 'old' SB. Which is something I like.
His body seems bigger (or head smaller) to me, his arms are longer and his pants are shaded. For some reason he looks a little less like a kiddo now.


Yep, it's already here. http://www.hrwiki.org/index.php/Talk:lady_fan Check it out.

_________________
ArAn On TMBW
ArAn on Wikipedia
ArAn on HRWiki


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:37 pm
Posts: 2
Meh.

I'm not that impressed. I did appreciate the Buck Webb comic though. Being a fan of the funnies, it reminded me of that awful montage of whimsy that is Brenda Starr/Mary Worth. I think they overran the "Tweese" gag though. Some things can go stale real quick. Though to be fair, "Wretched Simmons" was a hoot.

I'm branding this one a "C" sbemail.

_________________
25 Sbemails Ago: Dreamail ( C )
50 Sbemails Ago: Monument ( C+ )
75 Sbemails Ago: Crazy Cartoon ( B- )
100 Sbemais Ago: New Hands ( B- )


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:01 am
Posts: 2359
Location: LV-426
it seems you're new. welcome. the only wimpy comics in our 'funnies' is modesty blaise. i mean, it looks wimpy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:28 pm
Posts: 253
Location: Maryland
Eh, I didn't really dig this one too much, but I loved the comics. Hopefully we won't have to wait an extra week for another one, SB seems to be on a roll with these things lately.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:01 am
Posts: 776
Location: ScarNaval Reserves
Every Monday when I pick up my Phila. Inquirer, NY Times, and Daily Collegian (PSUs local paper) I always look through the funnies. This email hit the spot because there ARE so many really short funnies out there that are all interlinked day to day. I actually tried to follow some one week, but as you can see, it only lasted one week. Very funny.

8/10

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:47 pm
Posts: 426
Location: Rotten Egglünd
Kiki wrote:
Did somebody notice that SB's design has slightly changed again? It looks a bit more like the 'old' SB. Which is something I like.
His body seems bigger (or head smaller) to me, his arms are longer and his pants are shaded. For some reason he looks a little less like a kiddo now.


You're not the only one to notice. First the pants made me go '...huh?' then I noticed just about everything else. I MISSED the shaded pants. Solid black = booooowing. The sheen adds a nice touch and just ... makes more sense. He is wearing TIGHTS afterall, and those do have a shininess to 'em.

I enjoy the mild redesign/throwback design. I do. Yesss.

_________________
The Mu is NOT dead!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group